Another Lauren update; prayers are appreciated

Of all the things I spend too much worrying about, my kids, money, the jets, brian cashman,  etc, there is nothing more important that health. I hoper and pray for a speedy recovery for her so you can live out these years with her pain and trouble free. 

• Upvote 4

On 7/14/2024 at 9:27 PM, Maxman said:

Sitting in the hospital writing this, Lauren is having a procedure in the morning. She lost the ability to walk in December and has been in a wheelchair since. No problem, we bought a ranch, I transport her and we bought a car with a hatchback to make taking the wheelchair easy.

She keeps getting infections and has been hospitalized several times this year. Battled through each time, one being 12 days in the ICU.

This past Monday her leg pain was a 10. Took her to the hospital, for excruciating pain and after a few rough days the pain management program is giving relief. Unfortunately, it is opioid relief so she is zonked.

Procedure in the morning on her back to help the leg pain. They are optimistic about it and said they should be able to cut the meds and get her home this week.

She is resilient and tough, so your thoughts and prayers are appreciated! God Bless and thank you.

Godspeed to you & your wife. 🙏

• Upvote 2

Thanks everyone. Tough two weeks, up and down with pain management and surgical consults. Thought we had a possible surgical solution for the pain, but a pressure wound on her back makes the risk of severe infection too high.

So for right now we have a pain management plan and she will be coming back home tomorrow. Another two weeks in the hospital, she is so tough. We will get her home and take care of her.

Thank you all for the thoughts, love and prayers. Cancer absolutely sucks.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 25

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks everyone. Tough two weeks, up and down with pain management and surgical consults. Thought we had a possible surgical solution for the pain, but a pressure wound on her back makes the risk of severe infection too high.

So for right now we have a pain management plan and she will be coming back home tomorrow. Another two weeks in the hospital, she is so tough. We will get her home and take care of her.

Cancer certainly does suck - but your story has had many obstacles and your family especially Lauren continues to overcome them.

You have your faith, the power of prayer and a community of absolute misfits who on one hand probably have a combined IQ of around 100 but with all of us continuing to pray for your family, you will continue to overcome these obstacles and get Lauren home.

May the good Lord and Blessed Mother continue to bless and watch over you and your family. 

• Upvote 2

Prayers for you and Lauren my friend. Stay strong and hold on to your faith in times when you feel your shoulders are slumping just a bit.
May the good lord give you both the strength to overcome all the challenges you have had to face.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This is a delicate subject, and I hope for a swift recovery for your family during this time. Have you considered glucose depletion through fasting? Autophagy, a crucial phase of fasting, recycles dead cells, repairs the damaged ones, alleviates brain inflammation, and also hinders the growth of cancer cells. Cancer cells rely on fermentation for survival, with glucose and glutamate being the primary fuels for this process, enabling their growth. Additionally, the liver metabolizes fat, releasing ketones as an energy source, which strengthens the mitochondria. Medicine 3.0 characterizes cancer as a manifestation of mitochondrial dysfunction.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Bronx said:

This is a delicate subject, and I hope for a swift recovery for your family during this time. Have you considered glucose depletion through fasting? Autophagy, a crucial phase of fasting, recycles dead cells, repairs the damaged ones, alleviates brain inflammation, and also hinders the growth of cancer cells. Cancer cells rely on fermentation for survival, with glucose and glutamate being the primary fuels for this process, enabling their growth. Additionally, the liver metabolizes fat, releasing ketones as an energy source, which strengthens the mitochondria. Medicine 3.0 characterizes cancer as a manifestation of mitochondrial dysfunction.

Lauren has a great team of oncologists and doctors. We have a Doctor in the family that has a resume that is incredible. We have been relying on all them for guidance and direction.

Giving fasting advice without knowing the medical history can be a little dangerous. Thanks though.

Thanks.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Lauren has a great team of oncologists and doctors. We have a Doctor in the family that has a resume that is incredible. We have been relying on all them for guidance and direction.

Giving fasting advice without knowing the medical history can be a little dangerous. Thanks though.

Thanks.

My apologies and wishing you the best. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/14/2024 at 9:27 PM, Maxman said:

Sitting in the hospital writing this, Lauren is having a procedure in the morning. She lost the ability to walk in December and has been in a wheelchair since. No problem, we bought a ranch, I transport her and we bought a car with a hatchback to make taking the wheelchair easy.

She keeps getting infections and has been hospitalized several times this year. Battled through each time, one being 12 days in the ICU.

This past Monday her leg pain was a 10. Took her to the hospital, for excruciating pain and after a few rough days the pain management program is giving relief. Unfortunately, it is opioid relief so she is zonked.

Procedure in the morning on her back to help the leg pain. They are optimistic about it and said they should be able to cut the meds and get her home this week.

She is resilient and tough, so your thoughts and prayers are appreciated! God Bless and thank you.

Thoughts, prayers and best wishes Max. May she have the most complete recovery.

On 7/18/2024 at 5:18 PM, Maxman said:

Her strength, determination, perseverance and your unconditional support are truly inspirational.  I hate that you're going through this, hurts me to my core but just know, you are setting an example for many who may sadly find themselves on a similar path.  Love prevails!  Sending lots to you and yours! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Thanks everyone. It is rough right now. Opiods are keeping the pain away but they bring on so much grogginess.

I am glad football is here. Nice distraction from reality!

Hoping for a good outcome Maximus

Thanks everyone. Worked a bunch of things out and finding a way to balance the meds out a bit. Lauren is pretty much pain free and the past two days have been good. The opioid fog is starting to lift and we are seeing great improvement.

The oncologist approved one of the treatments that was on hold so we started that today. She was upfront in that it most likely isn't a miracle but it is nice to take something to fight this monster.

It was good seeing Lauren talking more and laughing with family. Cancer sucks but we will never give up.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 5