Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fortunately we have very smart people like yourself to help us sort these things out. 

Random JNer with the 1989 Sears above ground hot tub- “Jimmy Sexton is actually the moron here”

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Disagree.

Douglas is putting on a master class as GM.

1 Eagles overpaid a part time system player whose stats greatly benefited from our overall def and talent.

2 They gave away an actual stud that they shoudl have paid - who became disgruntled with the team - again eagles crap.

3  We get reddick for price we want and at a time we can use him, he is legitimate one of best pass rushers in the league and has been for some time.

4 Looks this statement. All the pressure is on Reddick for how he has handled this situation. Well done Joe Douglas - even when sh*t hits the fan he acts properly. Jets are one of the best built and well run teams int he league.   

GUzcGnjX0AA6n7d.jpg

…they don’t currently have Reddick on the roster though

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I'm dumb. Just not REALLY dumb, like dumb enough to think Huff and Reddick were intertwined in some way, or that JD hasn't made the right move on either one.

hahaha...well said. you are right one this of course. Some people are just the epitome of SOJF and no matter what twist events into the same tired narrative they have been going on for years. They like the bad team narrative more than the team. The same people who swear Joe is a bad GM, having Aaron freaking rodgers is a bad thing...etc. 

• Post of the Week 1

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s one of the elite pass rushers in football. The Jets boning him isn’t going to ruin his market. It just reaffirms that the Jets are clowns. 

This isn't true. Teams are always a little skeptical of players that have been away from football for 1yr+. Sure, there's been the rare deshaun Watson or Leveon Bell, but as we've seen, the track record isn't very good there.

More often, teams only want to hand out short term deals to this type of player. Doubly true when that player has forcibly switched teams multiple times. The overall guaranteed money that Reddick can earn will almost definitely decrease if he holds out all year 

The Jets ARE clowns. But they're in no position to give Reddick a big long term extension, so they're making the best choice they've got...

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Random JNer with the 1989 Sears above ground hot tub- “Jimmy Sexton is actually the moron here”

I do not accept any fluffing of Douglas from the same people that slaughtered Idzik and Maccagnan. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I'm dumb. Just not REALLY dumb, like dumb enough to think Huff and Reddick were intertwined in some way, or that JD hasn't made the right move on either one.

THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY TWINED

• Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I do not accept any fluffing of Douglas from the same people that slaughtered Idzik and Maccagnan. 

The one fluffing Douglas would be the next GM if he gets fired.  "Oh, you mean to say I have a young #1 WR, Stud RB, HOF pedigree CB, two young pass rushers and one of the best interior DT's in the league?  Thanks Joey D!"

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s one of the elite pass rushers in football. The Jets boning him isn’t going to ruin his market. It just reaffirms that the Jets are clowns. 

Yes and no.  Yes to his elite skills but we both know that in those landmark-type contracts the acquiring team is paying for skills AND..... a team-minded approach.  Or at the very least coachability and an effort to live up to the deal he does actually sign.  It is clear to me that his actions up until now are going to directly speak to this latter concern and may make many teams leery of shelling out the kind of cash he is asking for.  Lack of an active pool of interested parties means less dollars.

See Albert Haynesworth back in the day for the kind of contracts that NFL franchises just don't want do any more and I am not even sure he is the same kind of impact player as Haynesworth was. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

This isn't true. Teams are always a little skeptical of players that have been away from football for 1yr+. Sure, there's been the rare deshaun Watson or Leveon Bell, but as we've seen, the track record isn't very good there.

More often, teams only want to hand out short term deals to this type of player. Doubly true when that player has forcibly switched teams multiple times. The overall guaranteed money that Reddick can earn will almost definitely decrease if he holds out all year 

The Jets ARE clowns. But they're in no position to give Reddick a big long term extension, so they're making the best choice they've got...

Right, but the Jets willfully brought this upon themselves, which is the foolish part. They traded for Reddick so they could have this stare-down? Just tack the $6 mil onto the deal and push it into future years for God’s sake. They’ve been pushing tens of millions of dollars in CJ Mosely down the line to go 6-10 every year. They can afford to eat some sh*t for Reddick during a mini-Super Bowl run. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have 2, young 1st round pedigree pash rushers on this team.

Thats more than most teams.

On a scale of 0-100 on this being an issue it is:

Less Than 0

So in other words this is an issue

3 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

The one fluffing Douglas would be the next GM if he gets fired.  "Oh, you mean to say I have a young #1 WR, Stud RB, HOF pedigree CB, two young pass rushers and one of the best interior DT's in the league?  Thanks Joey D!"

Half of the offense is on one year deals. It’s very likely that they’ll have nothing at QB in 2025 and a bunch of top of market contracts to hand out. The Jets job is dicey after this year, especially if Rodgers flakes out

• Upvote 2

…they don’t currently have Reddick on the roster though

The Jets are deep on the DL. Reddick would be an improvement, but his loss isn’t devastating. That’s the Jets calculation here, and it’s the right one. Reddick is doing something stupid with this holdout. He’s almost certainly losing money that he’s never gonna get back - just like Bell. The Jets can wait him out until week ten or whenever, when he’s already lost $10M. 

In the meantime, the Jets have given up nothing. They don’t owe a thing for Reddick until 2026. They have absolutely all of the leverage, which is why I’m really surprised that Reddick is staging this bull****. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Half of the offense is on one year deals. It’s very likely that they’ll have nothing at QB in 2025 and a bunch of top of market contracts to hand out. The Jets job is dicey after this year, especially if Rodgers flakes out

There’s legit young talent on the team and whoever the gm is will take a qb either in 2025 or 26 and the quest continues 

9 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

This teams window is 1-2 years and the next GM would have a mess of decisions to make with very little money 

That Rodgers contract is an anchor that'll likely cost 2 of those players you listed 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Right, but the Jets willfully brought this upon themselves, which is the foolish part. They traded for Reddick so they could have this stare-down? Just tack the $6 mil onto the deal and push it into future years for God’s sake. They’ve been pushing tens of millions of dollars in CJ Mosely down the line to go 6-10 every year. They can afford to eat some sh*t for Reddick during a mini-Super Bowl run. 

It really appears that JD is preparing for the onslaught that is coming with GW, Sauce, Breece, JJ, Quincy all looking for fresh deals over the next two seasons.  I agree this seems silly, but I have to think JD and Reddick had the conversation at some point.  Then after the ink was dry Reddick saw big deals from other edges getting signed and thought he was getting screwed.  If he plays well this year, which he very likely will considering all the talent on this defense, some team will give him a nice 2 or 3 year bag next year.  He's just crying over his own spilled milk on a contract he already signed.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Do you feel like the 2024 Jets would be best served by sitting on Reddick’s unused portion of the cap all season? 

What is the Eagles' dead cap on Reddick? $21.5 million... I'm no cap expert, but does Reddick count against the cap if he's not on the roster? Even if he is, it's much worse for Reddick than the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The only thing dicey about it is the lack of a FQB.  But I imagine most GM jobs that open up are in similar situations lacking the QB position.  The core of the team is solid and exponentially better than when JD got here.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

i was going to throw your name in the ring for JN capt - but now you went after SEARS - many of us on here waited impatiently for that catalogue to come in the mail.

• Haha 4