Jets vs Sam Darnold in Week 5 (JJ McCarthy out)

The Vikings offense will be a good challenge.  Jefferson, Addison, Hockenson, Jones is a nice set of skill players.  It really will be all about Darnold's ability to use them and not turn the ball over.  Figures Reddick will still probably be holding out then.

17 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Yet we are 0-1 facing him

I mean, these are some of the other QBs who are 1-0 against the Jets:

• Aidan O’Connell
  • Desmond Ridder
  • Taysom Hill
  • Brett Rypien
  • Trevor Siemian
  • Matt Barkley
  • Brock Osweiler
  • T.J. Yates

Just sayin’.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Ironically Darnold’s best game as a Jet was against the Packers in 2018 where he out-dueled Rodgers (at least for three quarters.)

Was at that game, remember it vividly. One of the reasons I was slow to completely give up on Darnold. 

That game on it's own had me fighting for Darnold till midway through his third year here. I've never held a leash longer for a QB to prove himself. Hell I was out on Zach before we even drafted him. Same with Geno. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

That game on it's own had me fighting for Darnold till midway through his third year here. I've never held a leash longer for a QB to prove himself. Hell I was out on Zach before we even drafted him. Same with Geno. 

I was skeptical of Zach and was pretty much instantly out when White stepped in during the 2021 Bengals game and performed. There’s nothing like seeing a competent QB perform and reduce all the excuses to being very clearly excuses.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Ironically Darnold’s best game as a Jet was against the Packers in 2018 where he out-dueled Rodgers (at least for three quarters.)

Was at that game, remember it vividly. One of the reasons I was slow to completely give up on Darnold. 

Sam flashed 4-5 times his rookie year and had performances that really made you think we had something.  

His turd of a second season was probably my most dissapointing ever as a Jet fan.

31 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I held onto Zach because we had nothing else.  Once they drafted him, then him hitting was the best thing for the team even if he never showed much.   It was blind hope more than belief. 

31 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Rodgers really got cooking in the 4th quarter, but yes, Sam balled that day. The other thing about that game that really stood out was some egregious personal fouls and PIs going against us in crunch time. That would have been a classic SOJ loss if the game actually mattered and both teams weren’t already eliminated from contention 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yep.  Darnold bought my loyalty until midway thru his Year 3 Week 1 game because of that.  Fascinating that his career longevity has basically been built off 1 college and 1 NFL game.

Zach, meanwhile, lost me very early (minus the KC game where he briefly duped me).  Fool me once....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Darnold bought my loyalty until midway thru his Year 3 Week 1 game because of that.  Fascinating that his career longevity has basically been built off 1 college and 1 NFL game.

Zach, meanwhile, lost me very early (minus the KC game where he briefly duped me).  Fool me once....

I'm still blown away that we managed to waste a #2 overall pick on a QB notably worse than Darnold only 4 years after taking Darnold at #3 overall. 

We may never see another draft feat worthy of such ridicule in our lifetimes. 

Only the Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We were on the same timeline then. While 2019 was wildly disappointing Darnold didn't completely lose me until that Week 1 Bills game in 2020. Just a putrid performance.

• Upvote 2