Are the jets the 17-18 Patriots??

If I had to compare this team to any tb12 super bowl team, the Buccaneers one feels most accurate.

Post 40 QB on his 2nd team coming to a team with a top notch defense. This team has better weapons than the 17-18 pats did, too, but feels somewhat comparable to that Bucs team (slightly better RB room but slightly worse WRs). 

Anyway, let's hope the team can actually live up to this billing :)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

They had a better coach 

If Zach Wilson was Tom Brady, Saleh would already be a lock for the HoF. If Tom Brady were Zach Wilson, Belichick would’ve spent the majority of his career as a failed HC who went back to being a DC. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Yup

Brady was 40-41

They had Edelman and gronk 

We have Wilson and Mike 

They had a strong oline, so do we

They had Gilmore in his prime, we have Sauce

imo the jets are better.  i think their team is better rounded than those latter patsie teams.  it's hard to say if rodgers will put up the same numbers or will have the same team leadership that brady had.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, slats said:

If Zach Wilson was Tom Brady, Saleh would already be a lock for the HoF. If Tom Brady were Zach Wilson, Belichick would’ve spent the majority of his career as a failed HC who went back to being a DC. 

I think everyone understands that and as Jet fans we like to bathe in it. Yet, forgot Brady for a minute and look what Belichick did with Mac Jones first year compared to Zach’s. Pretty good run with a stiff that has the gait of a 88 year old woman with two replaced hips, though it’s fair to contribute most of that to Josh McDaniels. I guess. Certainly stopped quickly after he left, 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think everyone understands that and as Jet fans we like to bathe in it. Yet, forgot Brady for a minute and look what Belichick did with Mac Jones first year compared to Zach’s. Pretty good run with a stuff that has the gait of a 88 year old woman with to replaced hips, though it’s fair to contribute most of that to Josh McDaniels. I guess. Certainly stopped quickly after he left, 

The cheating prick aside, I think Saleh’s a better coach than his record indicates. I’m looking forward to seeing it play out with competent QB play this year. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, slats said:

The cheating prick aside, I think Saleh’s a better coach than his record indicates. I’m looking forward to seeing it play out with competent QB play this year. 

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully Rodgers stays healthy enough and Saleh gets a chance to prove it in the win column. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

All well and good but Salehs hand puck staff wanted zw and Bellicheck hand pick staff wanted Brady. Details matter, like, a lot 

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

All well and good but Salehs hand puck staff wanted zw and Bellicheck hand pick staff wanted Brady. Details matter, like, a lot 

Clever waiting until the 6th round to grab the QB they wanted. Also recall LaFluer being interested (as I was) in sticking with Darnold rather than drafting a QB at all. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

Hope you're right 

A good coaching staff gets this team to the playoffs 

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Hope you're right 

A good coaching staff gets this team to the playoffs 

Honestly, even a bad coaching staff should get this team to the playoffs if their key guys stay healthy.  Specifically Rodgers.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

You mean Parcells staff that he took from the Jets lucked into finding Brady while the QB who everybody picked as the #2 pick failed with the Jets  

Luck mattered more.  Like you and your hand picked staff waiting to take the FQB you wanted until the 6th.  

1 hour ago, slats said:

Clever waiting until the 6th round to grab the QB they wanted. Also recall LaFluer being interested (as I was) in sticking with Darnold rather than drafting a QB at all. 

ahhhh, the old, lucky/unlucky argument......

Theres a saying I happen to wholeheartedly agree with, the harder one works and the more competent one is, the more lucky they are, as the converse is also quite true

• WTF? 1

57 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean Parcells staff that he took from the Jets lucked into finding Brady while the QB who everybody picked as the #2 pick failed with the Jets  

Luck mattered more.  Like you and your hand picked staff waiting to take the FQB you wanted until the 6th.  

blaming luck or lack of luck is a losers mentality, winners make their own luck, its really that simple

9 hours ago, Testaverde9819 said:

I think we look very similar and should have a similar team and go to the Superbowl 

The 2017 that lost?  Or the 2018 that won?