Bears #1 Overall pick QB Caleb Williams.

The hype machine has been touting Caleb Williams non-stop, the entire off-season.

Bears QB Caleb Williams stats today vs the Titans: 14 of 29 for 93 yds?

48.2% completion percentage and couldn't even throw for 100 yds?

Really??

If I was a Bears fan, I wouldn't feel very good about that performance.

• Upvote 2

• ARodJetsFan changed the title to Bears #1 Overall pick QB Caleb Williams.
Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

I didn't watch the game, just going by his stat line.

His height might be a problem because there were a few batted balls from the pocket.  He bailed a lot after the first read like he did at SC and it didn't go well.  Jury is still out though. 

• Upvote 1

Caleb Williams completed 14-of-29 passes for 93 yards, zero interceptions and zero touchdowns in the Bears’ 24-17, Week 1 win over the Titans, adding five rushes for 15 yards.

The numbers are actually even worse than that, as Williams took two terrible sacks for a combined 29 yards, giving him 64 yards net passing. Williams looked more than ready for prime time physically, but it was a classic “the game is moving too fast” performance otherwise. Williams seemed almost frantic through his progressions, and just was not timing things up right. He had several batted passes. The good news is, he avoided the truly big mistake, and did improve as the second half wore on. There he just needed to hit a few layups as the Bears’ defense took over, and he executed the mission. Williams is going to get better, and likely in a hurry, but fantasy managers should clearly not be counting on him as a QB1 for Week 2 against the Texans.

4h ago

2 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

The hype machine has been touting Caleb Williams non-stop, the entire off-season.

Really??

If you were a bears fan you actually more pisst...they never fixed the behind the scenes stuff. 

This kid they have now is their Zach or Sam darnold

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Really??

None of the First Round Draft Picks that started today looked very good that includes Jayden Daniels and Bo Nix. Pundits like Mike Florio keep advancing this myth the we are in the age where Rookie First Draft Picks can start in the NFL  Week 1 of their Rookie Season and be winners right out of the Gate. The fact of the matter is the Patrick Mahomes, the Josh Allens, and the Joe Burrows are the EXCEPTIONS not the Rule. The question is how much patience will the Head Coaches of these teams will have towards leave these young QBs in as Starters ? These coaches will have to carefully evaluate how much progress these QBs make in Week 2 and if that progress is enough to keep them as starters.

And come to think of it Justin Fields didn't look that hot either even though the Steelers did manage to eek out a victory on Boswell's leg which produced 6 Very Long Field Goals.

i am old enough to remember when Mahomes was coming out of college, the knock on him was that QB's need to be more substance than flash. Sounds like i am going to be around to see the league come full circle on those types of QB's.

Yes Mahomes is special, and he went to a team with Alex Smith and Andy Reid, and sat for a year. The run around and see what happens thing, doesn't work in the NFL esp when you are passing for 50% completion rate. Williams had several plays today where it literally looked like he thought he was playing Maryland and not an NFL team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Preach.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Just saying ..people act like we have it the worse. GMFB showed like 5 other teams including Miami who have not won a playoff game, in forever. I was surprised Miami. Sure they made it to play off but they just lost

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He didn't play great. Allen did uncharacteristically drop an easy TD but all in all not what we should expect from him in the future.

Kid is going to be a star

Star? Perhaps, but he's got a long way to go.

Just saying ..people act like we have it the worse. GMFB showed like 5 other teams including Miami who have not won a playoff game, in forever. I was surprised Miami. Sure they made it to play off but they just lost
I am in agreement.. that's what 'preach' means. ... I didn't get that from your post though ... The kid has a lot of talent .. but if they don't cleanup the systemic issues ... Hell have a tough time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Really??

He's no Darnold or Zach.  

Found this interesting nugget from NFL.com:

Since 1970, quarterbacks taken with the No. 1 overall pick had been 3-14-1 in Week 1 starts prior to Sunday. Williams became the first one of that fraternity to earn a victory in more than 20 years, joining David Carr (2002), John Elway (1983) and Jim Plunkett (1971).

9 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Caleb Williams completed 14-of-29 passes for 93 yards, zero interceptions and zero touchdowns in the Bears’ 24-17, Week 1 win over the Titans, adding five rushes for 15 yards.

The numbers are actually even worse than that, as Williams took two terrible sacks for a combined 29 yards, giving him 64 yards net passing. Williams looked more than ready for prime time physically, but it was a classic “the game is moving too fast” performance otherwise. Williams seemed almost frantic through his progressions, and just was not timing things up right. He had several batted passes. The good news is, he avoided the truly big mistake, and did improve as the second half wore on. There he just needed to hit a few layups as the Bears’ defense took over, and he executed the mission. Williams is going to get better, and likely in a hurry, but fantasy managers should clearly not be counting on him as a QB1 for Week 2 against the Texans.

4h ago

1 game, first start. 
He sucks!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

1 game, first start. 
He sucks!

I'm not saying he's going to suck over the long haul, but he definitely chewed the high hard one yesterday.

All I've been hearing about this kid is how poised & polished he is, how nothing is too big for him.

I watched an interview with him where he said "I don't get nervous, I haven't been nervous about a game since my first start in High School, any game I play now, is just another game".

He may turn out to be the Best QB of the draft class......but the whole "I don't get nervous" speech, was obviously bullsh!t.