Over Reaction City

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

It is only 1 game and it was against a great team.

But do we have a positive we can say from this game besides Rodgers stayed healthy?

I can’t think of 1 good thing we did besides that.

We had the passing game going with GW. But kept interrupting that but trying to force Breece the ball. Which wasn’t working. And our defense was staying in the field not stopping anything to where we couldn’t get anything positive going on offense.

the one positive is that we have a #2 or #3 WR. Lazard proved last night that last season was because we had QB that absolutely sucked.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We were down by 9 at halftime. Wasn't like we were getting smoked. That 3rd quarter is what hurt us bc it felt like we had the ball for like 2 minutes that whole quarter which never allowed us to get right back in it.

Game felt over at half with how badly the TOP was going. Then the Niners came out and went down the field. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

End of the world... We suck again... Blah blah blah... 

The NFC Champs ran it straight down the Jets throat...

The run defense is disturbing... But most teams will not have the SF front line pushing them back... 

They lost the first game in SF against the NFC Champs... So what

Positives... The offense can move the ball... Morstead is awesome... No injuries... No presnap penalties... No illegal formations

But too many self inflicted injuries on offense.. Breece fumble... The lucky INT.... The drops... 

Jets were outclassed by a better team... Right now... Let's see how they respond... 

Morstead certainly did stand out ….how did the 49ers punter look ? 

I expected to lose so not really upset. 

but the defense was good for about 2 drives and then fell completely apart. Some undrafted rb just tore us up with 150 yards. which is unacceptable. 

offense looked pretty shakey too but that’s expected when Nate Hackett is your offensive coordinator. Did Mike Williams have a catch? 

55 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We were down by 9 at halftime. Wasn't like we were getting smoked. That 3rd quarter is what hurt us bc it felt like we had the ball for like 2 minutes that whole quarter which never allowed us to get right back in it.

They had line 30 yards of offense in the 2nd quarter also. The game was never really close after the 1st Q

Yeah, just week 1. But still ...

• Allowing eight straight scoring drives -- the most in recorded Jets history.

• Time of possession and number of plays run the lowest in Rodgers's entire career.

WTF?!

Saleh and his coaching staff and JD continue to set new standards of bad for the Jets franchise.

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Thinking this is a super bowl team is the overreaction 

Every year we do it to ourselves 

Here's a wild idea the Jets suck until they prove otherwise on the field 

This should be the principle any jet fan over 20 should be following as law.

Imagine this team and our slow af QB in the playoffs against Lamar and Mahomes (if we even make it that far)

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Imagine this team and our slow af QB in the playoffs

People forget this but even healthy and young Aaron Rodgers was a coin flip in the playoffs 

And he's far from young he looks ancient out there 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, bitonti said:

People forget this but even healthy and young Aaron Rodgers was a coin flip in the playoffs 

Just shows how bush league this GM really is.

Fans love calling Woody stupid but if it was up to the majority of them JD would be extended and not in a lame duck year. 

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we truly have expectations of a deep playoff run then that performance (being "completely outclassed") is unacceptable.  Saleh had all offseason to prepare for this game.  

What we saw was a much better coaching staff, and work of a MUCH better gm. The 9ers have been very good for years. On offense the jets who were thrown all together for first time this yr, while the 9ers have been playing with eachother, have of a nice rhythm of all pistons firing together. That can’t be measured in a stat. They all believe in that WCO and have it down very well, for a coach who has been executing and playing around with what works best , where, when , etc.

Hopefully jets are just rusty and with a O unit completely unfamiliar with running together. Practice definitely helps, but they need to experience real games with eachother to really get going. 

The Jets D is completely another story. The short passes with a guy like deboo tough to defend , and Purdy is great at quick read/ release . Takes away from an effective pass rush. Getting dominated upfront and allowing them to rush for nearly 200 yards is unacceptable. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

What we saw was a much better coaching staff, and work of a MUCH better gm. The 9ers have been very good for years. On offense the jets who were thrown all together for first time this yr, while the 9ers have been playing with eachother, have of a nice rhythm of all pistons firing together. That can’t be measured in a stat. They all believe in that WCO and have it down very well, for a coach who has been executing and playing around with what works best , where, when , etc.

Hopefully jets are just rusty and with a O unit completely unfamiliar with running together. Practice definitely helps, but they need to experience real games with eachother to really get going. 

The Jets D is completely another story. The short passes with a guy like deboo tough to defend , and Purdy is great at quick read/ release . Takes away from an effective pass rush. Getting dominated upfront and allowing them to rush for nearly 200 yards is unacceptable. 

This same thing applies to the top teams in the AFC, what does this say for the future?

The answer is obvious this isn’t a SB team and barley a playoff team tbh

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

They got beat by their offensive line in their building mostly... The Jets run game was getting close to breaking one they just didn't have the ball long enough... 

We definitely had some self-inflicted wounds, at critical times;

The Breece Hall fumble, the Lazard drop (although he redeemed himself later, that was a drive-killing drop) the INT that deflected off of GW.

That one play where GW just completely gave up on his route.

That said we have to do a much better job stopping the run & the O-Line has to get more push when run-blocking.

Some assemblance of a pass-rush would also be helpful.

• Upvote 1

Last night was ugly, but every time I see a team, that has playoff aspirations, put up a stinker in week 1. I think of this outing by the Patriots in 2003.  

09/07/2003 New England Patriots 0 @ Buffalo Bills 31

Bills finished the season at 6-10 and the Pats ended up 14-2 and took home all the hardware.

Last night was not a good spot for The Jets, Traveling to the west coast to play a team that just came off a Super Bowl run. That also knows Bobby's defensive scheme inside and out. Having zero snaps in the pre-season.  It was a recipe for disaster.

Now if The Jets come out flat against a team, they are currently favored to beat on the road by 4, I will start being concerned.

It's not panic time yet folks.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

God Jake Asman is the d in delusional.

Like dude the jets beating up on the Titans and Pats shows nothing. 

The copuim king, he just needs something to hold onto 😢

I'm not feeling great about the Jets being able to beat up on anybody right now. 

They need to get out on the field & show they can beat-up on somebody.

I'm not saying the season is over - it's just one game, but we certainly have some questions to answer.

The Jets need to go out there and prove they're a top 10 team - they certainly didn't prove it last night.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I'm not feeling great about the Jets being able to beat up on anybody right now. 

They need to get out on the field & show they can beat-up on somebody.

The Jets need to go out there and prove they are a top 10 team - they certainly didn't prove it last night.

I'm not saying the season is over - it's just one game, but we certainly have some questions to answer.

I agree

12 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This same thing applies to the top teams in the AFC, what does this say for the future?

The answer is obvious this isn’t a SB team and barley a playoff team tbh

Jets are a playoff team ( should ) won 7 games with worst qb play in entire league last yr. Oline was pretty bad too. The patchwork on OL should hold up for this yr at least. And even if we had a decent backup like Tyrod Taylor we make the playoffs last yr. If we’re able to win with Zach Wilson and guys who are no longer in NFL. 9ers have had a top 2, top 3 team for years. I think they were easily best team in NFL last yr. KC got lucky breaks in Super Bowl , and mohomes is tough when he is on. But we saw even average teams beat up them with ease last yr at times. 

Certainly a frustrating night but it's one game. It's a tall order to open the season on the West Coast against arguably the best team in the league. You aren't going to win games in this league when you cannot run the ball AND cannot stop the run. SF could have thrown any warm body out there and they would have rushed for 100+ yards. Huge running lane all night. Their OL dominated. Meanwhile, we couldn't do anything on the ground. The bevy of toss plays was a little weird; perhaps calling those in lieu of stretch plays to limit Rodgers' movement?

Rodgers looked about as I expected. He can still sling it but he's a 40 y/o coming off a major injury. He looked awkward when he had to move in the pocket and buy time. It will take a bit to get the rust off, but he had some great throws and, most importantly, survived the game (low bar, I know).

The biggest takeaway was something we already knew: SF's coaching staff is miles ahead of ours. Our first TD drive was a clinic and featured some creative play calling (the Wilson motion bubble screen, etc.) and after that it was all vanilla stuff. Shanahan's system and another no-name RB looked great once again. Purdy's stat line was underwhelming but he was very good. He killed us on those intermediate plays and over the middle. Had several big throws on 3rd down. 

Pros: pass protection, Rodgers, Wilson/Lazard.

Cons: coaching, front 7 on D, pass rush.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Typical Jetnation over reaction/crying threads - fire everyone blabla. 

The run defense is the biggest concern. Shanahan is a f'n master and Trent Williams is the f'n Thanos of offensive lineman. They're a well oiled machine. So give them credit. 

Missing Leki Fotu hurts. Was brought here to stop the run, won't have him till Week 4? I think.

Hot take - JFM gone hurts the defense more then Huff does. 

Beauty of it all is that it's just week 1 and there's still 16 more games to play. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Typical Jetnation over reaction/crying threads - fire everyone blabla. 

The run defense is the biggest concern. Shanahan is a f'n master and Trent Williams is the f'n Thanos of offensive lineman. They're a well oiled machine. So give them credit. 

Missing Leki Fotu hurts. Was brought here to stop the run, won't have him till Week 4? I think.

Hot take - JFM gone hurts the defense more then Huff does. 

Beauty of it all is that it's just week 1 and there's still 16 more games to play. 

I think the offense is still the main problem.  The offense scored 7 points in the first half and in the first drive in the 2nd half turned it over.  The jets traded for rodgers so they could jump out to leads, not eke out wins with a grinding running game and bend but don’t break defense.  If the jets wanted a game manager they didn’t have to pay Rodgers all this money they could have gone out and got someone like brissett.  They forced the ball to breece and Wilson and the 9ers knew what was coming by the time they found someone else to get the ball to.  Mike Williams, Corley and the TEs combined had 1 reception.  This offense will be the regime’s undoing, and it’s not zach Wilson’s fault anymore

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

I think the offense is still the main problem.  The offense scored 7 points in the first half and in the first drive in the 2nd half turned it over.  The jets traded for rodgers so they could jump out to leads, not eke out wins with a grinding running game and bend but don’t break defense.  If the jets wanted a game manager they didn’t have to pay Rodgers all this money they could have gone out and got someone like brissett.  They forced the ball to breece and Wilson and the 9ers knew what was coming by the time they found someone else to get the ball to.  Mike Williams, Corley and the TEs combined had 1 reception.  This offense will be the regime’s undoing, and it’s not zach Wilson’s fault anymore

Buddy it’s week one. They were on the road against an elite unit and most of these guys have never played a snap together. Chill.

The defence absolutely sh*t the bed but anyone who thought the offence would be firing out the gate was delusional. The game isn’t played on paper.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

The defense got pulverized and out schemed. It’s one game and the Jets took the preseason off, but if they don’t fix it this week the Titans will run down their throats and embarrass them like the Niners did. 

Joes drafts were evident last night. Maybe Fashanu will be good but he adds nothing right now when they needed something. Ruckert is a total zero in the passing game. Corley was a bizarre pick (and Joes guy). The oline didn’t play all preseason for whatever reason. But anyways the biggest problem was the defense by far. Soft and undisciplined and looked like a team who didn’t take the offseason or preseason seriously. 

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Buddy it’s week one. They were on the road against an elite unit and most of these guys have never played a snap together. Chill.

The defence absolutely sh*t the bed but anyone who thought the offence would be firing out the gate was delusional. The game isn’t played on paper.

The gameplan sucked.  That’s what bugs me.  It didn’t matter that rodgers was playing.  It was still vanilla, predictable and they didn’t score until the game was over.  

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I'm not worried yet. I agree though, they can't keep doing run run pass. Rodgers still has it, they need to utilize him on first down and make it manageable. 

The entire unit hasn't played together at all. It was their first time. It's gonna be rough. Throw in a fumble, dropped pass, tipped INT and it's not gonna go your way. Plus losing the TOP to your defense getting gashed. It's just not gonna go your way.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

But it is a problem when the supposed strongest unit on the team and what your hc is fluent in, absolutely got destroyed. 

I didn't think they'd win either but that was a very poor showing.  It doesn't bode well for the rest of the season

2 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I'm not worried yet. I agree though, they can't keep doing run run pass. Rodgers still has it, they need to utilize him on first down and make it manageable. 

The entire unit hasn't played together at all. It was their first time. It's gonna be rough. Throw in a fumble, dropped pass, tipped INT and it's not gonna go your way. Plus losing the TOP to your defense getting gashed. It's just not gonna go your way.

But you know, the entire offense was healthy, they went out and got 3 new OL, rodgers, williams, Corley and allen.  They have enough pieces on offense to do something.  They always underperform on offense no matter who the qb is.  

45 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Coin flip? You realize he’s statistically one of the best playoff QBs of all time right?

IMG_1850.jpeg

• Upvote 1