Complete this sentence: "If the Jets get beat by the Titans this Sunday, ......................"

Alka

For me, "If the Jets get beat by the Titans this Sunday, then Woody Johnson should think about firing Robert Saleh, and making our Defensive Coordinator the interim head coach."

Yes, 0-1 is nothing to get bent out of shape, but this is a "win now" team, and there must be a sense of urgency, before the season gets out of control.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alka said:

For me, "If the Jets get beat by the Titans this Sunday, then Woody Johnson should think about firing Robert Saleh, and making our Defensive Coordinator the interim head coach."

Yes, 0-1 is nothing to get bent out of shape, but this is a "win now" team, and there must be a sense of urgency, before the season gets out of control.

oh you mean to replace Saleh with the guy whos defense got embarrassed on national TV?

if we lose against the Titians theres good chance the defense looked bad again. your firing Saleh to promote a guy who should be fired too? makes no sense.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, doitny said:

oh you mean to replace Saleh with the guy whos defense got embarrassed on national TV?

if we lose against the Titians theres good chance the defense looked bad again. your firing Saleh to promote a guy who should be fired too? makes no sense.

You're right.  Let's just run out the season with Saleh.  What was I thinking?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, doitny said:

Hire Vrabel.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Alka said:

You're right.  Let's just run out the season with Saleh.  What was I thinking?

no your thinking about replacing Saleh because your mad an replacing him with someone worst. 

hey Ulbrich you just oversaw a defense that got abuse for 2 weeks, where are you going? to Disney World? no i just got promoted to be HC of the NYJ. who thought that sucking could get you a promotion. 

no one is getting fired after 2 weeks but if the time comes to fire Saleh in mid season it will be Hackett. yes he sucks but Woody will ask Rodgers for his opinion and Rodgers will put his best friend in there. so i wouldnt be calling for Saleh to be fired if i was you.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

So how's everyone doing this week? 

Well I hope 

Tough week for me. 

I just found out a friend from graduate school committed suicide. In total shock. The guy had a wife and baby at home. Very successful. No hint of anything wrong. Just brutal. 

I could really use a nice distraction this weekend. 

• Sympathy 13

1 minute ago, viffer said:

Hire Vrabel.

he would not come here mid season, no top coach would. if he is going to mess with his record he is going to want at least one offseason to bring in his coaches and change the roster a bit.

plus he is a consultant with the Browns. not sure if we would have to compensate them for a in season move.

sorry guys it either Saleh or Hackett

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Tough week for me. 

I just found out a friend from graduate school committed suicide. In total shock. The guy had a wife and baby at home. Very successful. No hint of anything wrong. Just brutal. 

I could really use a nice distraction this weekend. 

im sorry for your loss.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Alka said:

I have to say this yet again as if I have not said this in here already about 1,000 x's.

Don't blame JD or Saleh or Rodgers. 

The only thing that has been common throughout all the failed regimes and disaster seasons and on field embarrassments is.... WOODY.

I dont expect the Jets to lose to the Titans and I still expect they will win at least 10 games this season and make the playoffs, but if they DONT... JD and Saleh get terminated.... AND THEN... Guess who decides on the next GM and HC that will also FAIL..... Yep.   Woody.

Don't allow yourself to be DUPED yet again.  

As long as the Jets are controlled by the current owner, any success they have will be by means of luck.  Something that was blundered into.  

Don't ever expect absolute football competence from Woody.

That being said, I am still fairly sure the Jets are going to have a winning season.  This past game was predictable.  They got pushed around by perhaps the best roster in the league along with perhaps the best coaching staff.  There was nothing complicated or clinical about the 49's game plan.  It was a basic ass kicking. Few teams in the league have the horses to sh*t-house the Jets they way the 9'ers can. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Alka said:

I’m expecting another brutally disappointing game. So, for me it’s simply “ if the Jets get beat by Titans this Sunday” “it’s 415 Sunday afternoon and Nothing has changed!” This should surprise no one, if it does , that’s on you. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

no your thinking about replacing Saleh because your mad an replacing him with someone worst. 

hey Ulbrich you just oversaw a defense that got abuse for 2 weeks, where are you going? to Disney World? no i just got promoted to be HC of the NYJ. who thought that sucking could get you a promotion. 

no one is getting fired after 2 weeks but if the time comes to fire Saleh in mid season it will be Hackett. yes he sucks but Woody will ask Rodgers for his opinion and Rodgers will put his best friend in there. so i wouldnt be calling for Saleh to be fired if i was you.

Ulbrich had a top 5 defense last year.  Do you blame Ulrich for letting Huff walk, letting JFM walk, and getting rid of Al Woods?

No, you have to go where the buck stops.  It stops with JD and with Robert Saleh.  They are in charge.  I will take my chances and put Ulbrich in charge, and see what he can do this year.  If the season continues to fall down, then he's gone after the season.

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Crusher said:

I’m expecting another brutally disappointing game. So, for me it’s simply “ if the Jets get beat by Titans this Sunday” “it’s 415 Sunday afternoon and Nothing has changed!” This should surprise no one, if it does , that’s on you. 

saleh surely has to know he's almost out of chances.  let's see how he coaches for his life. 

• Upvote 3

If the Jets get beat by the Titans this Sunday, then RS should be fired immediately.

The team may not be perfect, but it isn't devoid of talent as was the case in prior seasons. For the holes that they do have the team is pretty talented, and shouldn't lose to the titans. People will make a case for JD being fired, and he isn't safe either, but a good coach could take this team and win a lot of games. I don't see JD fired after this season, but I do see RS getting the axe if things go sideways. At some point you expect the HC to show some worth aside from being a cheerleader/ spokesperson. The D is good, or it was, but it also has a lot invested in it talent and money wise.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Alka said:

"If the Jets get beat by the Titans this Sunday, ......................"

.......the Jets will be 0-2, facing an uphill, but not impossible, climb back into post-season competitiveness.  

It likely also indicates this team/roster isn't as elite as many Jets Fans believed.

It may also indicate that Rodgers isn't the game-changer many Jets Fans believed.

We'll just have to see how it plays out.  But an 0-2 start would be pretty disappointing.

With that said, I don't see any "firings" till after the season no matter how bad it gets.  Woody simply isn't a mid-season-firings type Owner.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Alka said:

They will be 0-2...

1 minute ago, Alka said:

Ulbrich had a top 5 defense last year.  Do you blame Ulrich for letting Huff walk, letting JFM walk, and getting rid of Al Woods?

No, you have to go where the buck stops.  It stops with JD and with Robert Saleh.  They are in charge.  I will take my chances and put Ulbrich in charge, and see what he can do this year.  If the season continues to fall down, then he's gone after the season.

oh so your not blaming Ulrich for Mondays horrible defense but your blaming Saleh for Mondays loss? cant having it both ways.

if your going by last year then Saleh won 7 games with 3 of the worst QBs the NFL was ever seen. he went 2-1 with Sieman who was 0-3 with the "great" Sean Payton in NO.

but of course he gets no credit for that like any HC could win 7 games with bottom 3 QBs. 

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

.......the Jets will be 0-2, facing an uphill, but not impossible, climb back into post-season competitiveness.  

It likely also indicates this team/roster isn't as elite as many Jets Fans believed.

It may also indicate that Rodgers isn't the game-changer many Jets Fans believed.

We'll just have to see how it plays out.  But an 0-2 start would be pretty disappointing.

With that said, I don't see any "firings" till after the season no matter how bad it gets.  Woody simply isn't a mid-season-firings type Owner.

I could maaaaybe see it at 0-3, if we get embarrassed by the Pats on national TV. With the extra few days to prepare for Denver, I wouldn't totally rule it out. It would have to be really bad. And I agree that it is very unlikely, regardless.