**** OFFICIAL JETS v PATS THURSDAY NIGHT GAME THREAD ****

Pac

56 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Is there a divisional game that lacks juice as much as this one does?  A rebuilding NE team against a Jets team trying to ride the LSD high of a former HOF QB to a wild card playoff spot.

Lacks juice??  Are you alive??

This is a huge early season game vs a very solid division rival.  Sole possession of 2nd place is on the line here.  Home opener.

No juice????

Check your pulse brother

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Pats OL is pretty banged up

This is a game where I’d have an abundance of DL available, with plans to run a good amount of 3-LB sets. Basically going all out to stop their rushing attack. They’re currently fourth in the league rushing the ball and 30th throwing it. Them having a banged up OL works just fine for me. 

On offense, it’ll probably be a slog. The Pats defense is playing well, but that’s with the support of a strong running game. Pats are 5th in the league in ToP. Shutting down that running game is the key to beating them. 

• Upvote 4

Our OL was going to be iffy (at best) even when healthy.  We entered the season with basically barely backup quality players at 3 of the 5 positions, and then those guys got hurt.

I still think the Patriots are a better team overall than what national commentators were claiming they would be.  The OL was always projected to be the weakest link though, so if we're scraping the bottom of the barrel due to injuries at a position group we were already going to be bad, that will definitely bring us closer to where the media was projecting us to be.

All in all, Pats aren't going to be a playoff team this year, but I still hope we find some way to clown on the Jets this week, even if that is unlikely to happen. :)

13 minutes ago, Jared said:

Our OL was going to be iffy (at best) even when healthy.  We entered the season with basically barely backup quality players at 3 of the 5 positions, and then those guys got hurt.

I still think the Patriots are a better team overall than what national commentators were claiming they would be.  The OL was always projected to be the weakest link though, so if we're scraping the bottom of the barrel due to injuries at a position group we were already going to be bad, that will definitely bring us closer to where the media was projecting us to be.

All in all, Pats aren't going to be a playoff team this year, but I still hope we find some way to clown on the Jets this week, even if that is unlikely to happen. :)

I was going to mention I had no clue who those players were but I didn’t want to be rude.

5 minutes ago, fullblast said:

I was going to mention I had no clue who those players were but I didn’t want to be rude.

No worries.  I can't name most of the Jets OL (and certainly not their backups), so I wouldn't expect the same from a Jets fan as to the Pats mish-mash of OL players.

Andrews and Onwenu are our two best OL, our long time starting C and our RG / RT (depending on the game or the season).  Lowe was our LT at the end of last season, but is backup quality.  Sow was a Day 2 rookie last year and was actually playing solidly in training camp at LG before getting hurt before the season.  His backup (Michael Jordan) has been playing... ok.  Definitely not good or great, but ok, given he is a backup.

So now we'll have a 3rd round rookie at LT, a backup LG, and banged up starters at C, RG, and RT.  Our rookie RG, Robinson, was on the injury report this week as well, but since he isn't listed in the tweet I assume he is playing on Thursday.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Few things I'm looking for us to improve.

1. Starting the game hot and with a better game plan. Don't wait to play aggressive.

2. Stop the run. This is key. All NE has is Stevenson. Don't be stupid like Indy vs GB last week when you know a team is going to run, fail to stop it.

3. See more use of 2 RB sets and continue throwing to our backs.

4. Get GW and MW more involved. Yes NE has Gonzalez, but he can only cover 1 of them. Attack there other CBs.

5. Continue to score TDs in the RZ. We've been good at this through 2 weeks. We were FGs in this area all the time last year. So continue to score TDs, not just FGs.

point 5 is huge - IF we can continue what we did the first week versus what was done last year -  that alone will be a huge difference in win percentage.   I think we must have been bottom of the league in RZ efficiency last year.

6 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

there's a chance 80% of the OL is going to be out?

many Reddick would have been able to pad his stats if he was here.

The guys listed as Questionable are likely playing, I think. They will be down 2 starters, most likely. 

Listened to some very smart pods this week that claimed Rodgers is playing an extremely cowardly brand of football that’s entirely unsustainable, and the audibles he’s calling lack any sort of creativity because Hackett sucks. 

In summary, #DOOM

Pats 24-Jets 3

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Listened to some very smart pods this week that claimed Rodgers is playing an extremely cowardly brand of football that’s entirely unsustainable, and the audibles he’s calling lack any sort of creativity because Hackett sucks. 

In summary, #DOOM

Pats 24-Jets 3

Or maybe hes learning to trust his new achilles and new oline before he really lets it rip.

But go w/ the d-i-s-e-a-s-e perspective.  It works for you.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Or maybe hes learning to trust his new achilles and new oline before he really lets it rip.

But go w/ the d-i-s-e-a-s-e perspective.  It works for you.

I just learned I got beat by 50 by someone named “Greg.” You ever lose to a “Greg,” Joe? It sucks. Eat my ******* shorts.

IMG_5618.png

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

so is @Pac starting a real one at midnight or are we rolling with this bastardized enema of a game thread? I need to know before I put my full energy into a response.

You are replying to the "real one". 

It's mind boggling to me that many cling to antiquated rituals that led to nothing but despair and failure.  

Embrace change.  Embrace winning. 

Embrace... The Revenge Tour. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

so is @Pac starting a real one at midnight or are we rolling with this bastardized enema of a game thread? I need to know before I put my full energy into a response.

@Pac is really struggling.  I’m getting concerned with his leadership abilities. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

@Pac is really struggling.  I’m getting concerned with his leadership abilities. 

I wear your cowardice as a badge of honor. 

Fuel the Revenge Tour with your fear.  You are making a difference. 

• Haha 2