“The coaches are exhausted”- Robert Saleh

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Playing two consecutive short weeks seems like bad scheduling on the NFL's part.  It shouldn't happen.  If this was 5 years ago, and the Pats were benefitting from this, I would be even less surprised.  I actually thing playing two road games less than 7 days apart like we just did is also something that probably should not happen.  I mean, it's not that hard to avoid those situations if they cared.

On the other hand, we actually get an extra day after the London game (MNF the next week) so that one worked out better.

Jets actually have a second stretch like this in the middle of the season... So the NFL not only screwed them once... But twice in the same season

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Oh god here we go with another outrage

Nobody’s outraged. It’s Saleh being Saleh. There’s always something that’s getting in the way of his personal comfort. The combine for example.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 2

38 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Having 3 games in 11 days to start the season will tend do that. 

For the players.  The defense doesn't scheme for the opponent and it isnt clear  what Hackett does if anything.

20 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I never understand the whole "3 games in 11 days" argument.  the Pats are about to have their 3rd game in 12 days!  does that ONE day make such a difference?  Everyone who has a Thursday night game, has 3 games in 12 days.....

I think it does especially since the Pats were home for 1 of their games and only had to go to Cincy for the other (their 1st) and it was a 1pm game.

It adds up.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Matt39 said:

The coaches are exhausted from what exactly. Working? Welcome to the club. 

Did Saleh say that the coaches were exhausted and everyone else in America was chillin'?  Because if he said that he was way out of line.

• Haha 3

Just now, AFJF said:

Did Saleh say that the coaches were exhausted and everyone else in America was chillin'?  Because if he said that he was way out of line.

As the old saying goes- if you are tired keep it to yourself. 

28 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Playing two consecutive short weeks seems like bad scheduling on the NFL's part.  It shouldn't happen.  If this was 5 years ago, and the Pats were benefitting from this, I would be even less surprised.  I actually thing playing two road games less than 7 days apart like we just did is also something that probably should not happen.  I mean, it's not that hard to avoid those situations if they cared.

On the other hand, we actually get an extra day after the London game (MNF the next week) so that one worked out better.

Heard a small piece of rodgers talkin yesterday and he said while 3 in 11 is a lot, the good side is they are off till Monday so they get the 3 days to relax

Is he wrong. Schedulers really screwed us early this season as well as no bye week after our Germany game here in a couple weeks.

This is his way without "making an excuse" to let the league know. That they screwed us. Which he's 100 correct on.

3 games in 11 days and just 2 weeks later a game in Germany with a game the following week. I guess they did us a "favor" by giving us MNF for that next week. Not like a day extra after that travel helps much. On top of that... it's against BUF after that Germany week. So a huge game for us.

44 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The full quote:

"The coaching staff is exhausted, the players are exhausted," Saleh said. "But at the same time, it's the same message. Nobody cares how you get to gameday. Nobody cares about context. They don't care if your dog died. They don't care. The expectation is that you perform, and that's the expectation in this building."

----

I don't love statements like this.  Just feels like preemptive excuse making.  

Full article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nobody-cares-robert-saleh-reacts-to-jets-challenging-schedule/ar-AA1qObV2

Whining like a Greenwich intern working on the Ellen Degeneres Show. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Is he wrong. Schedulers really screwed us early this season as well as no bye week after our Germany game here in a couple weeks.

This is his way without "making an excuse" to let the league know. That they screwed us. Which he's 100 correct on.

3 games in 11 days and just 2 weeks later a game in Germany with a game the following week. I guess they did us a "favor" by giving us MNF for that next week. Not like a day extra after that travel helps much. On top of that... it's against BUF after that Germany week. So a huge game for us.

How many rounds of golf did he squeeze in this week? 5?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Why wouldn't they be?  How many times have we seen a team play 3 games in 11 days?

I'm sure they are exhausted and I'm sure Pats coaches are too...and every team playing Thursday nights (3 games in 12 days)

There's just no need to say it to the national media.

Not the end of the world - just not a great thing you want your 4th year HC to say before week 3 of an 18 week season.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm sure they are exhausted and I'm sure Pats coaches are too...and every team playing Thursday nights (3 games in 12 days)

There's just no need to say it to the national media.

Not the end of the world - just not a great thing you want your 4th year HC to say before week 3 of an 18 week season.

He wants to say it so the league takes notice. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Matt has a radar for only negative items to discuss about the Jets, or their FO... It's sad how much energy and time you waste being so miserable toward your team you root for. 

I believe our 40 year old QB has enough left in the tank to overcome the coaches being tired. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I believe our 40 year old QB has enough left in the tank to overcome the coaches being tired. 

Still doesn't dismiss the point that all you do is moan about how bad Saleh is... Get angry at the GM for putting together this roster and start threads with negative articles about the Jets.. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think one day makes enough of a difference that playing on a short week is always considered a disadvantage. Obviously there's only a one game difference for the Pats (which really just speaks to Thursday games being pretty sh*tty for players) but you'd think the league would try to avoid a Thursday game the two weeks after a MNF game. Just seems like common sense for a league that is constantly pretending they care about player safety.

All this league cares about is $$$$$$$$$$

• Upvote 1

For this game NE is also on a short week, and they’re on the road.  And also NE lost an overtime game last Sunday, so i imagine they can’t be feeling too great either.

the jets just have to eke this win out and they get a good rest.  This is actually a great game to see how the coaches can figure out how to scheme a win.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Still doesn't dismiss the point that all you do is moan about how bad Saleh is... Get angry at the GM for putting together this roster and start threads with negative articles about the Jets.. 

what’s Salehs record 

• More Ugh 1