Broncos 1-2, better than we think?

FidelioJet

39 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Yet every time we don't play a team with a top record, the narrative is going to be we are frauds if we don't beat them by 3 scores. I've seen it twice already.

thats because some people are all hung up on us going to a SB or this is a failure. 

we barely beat the Titians, were not a SB team......

we killed the Pats but they suck, big deal..............

JD would give Reddick anything he wants if he wants to win a SB.......

forget that! just enjoy the season. SBs are hard to get to and even harder to win. 

• More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I didn't understand Bowles' game plan at all.

They had zero pass rush all day with their front and Bowles, who is known for blitzing, basically still sat back in deep quarters coverage allowing Nix to dink and dunk them to death.

I mean did they even bother to watch Nix's tape or read a scouting report?  He's not a threat to throw deep at all, or least hadn't been through the first 2 weeks of the season.

I'm hoping our blitz-heavy approach from the Patiots game, carries over vs Denver.

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

thats because some people are all hung up on us going to a SB or this is a failure. 

we barely beat the Titians, were not a SB team......

we killed the Pats but they suck, big deal..............

JD would give Reddick anything he wants if he wants to win a SB.......

forget that! just enjoy the season. SBs are hard to get to and even harder to win. 

I think it's always about a person trying to be right. The best outcome for those guys is a Jets loss. Barring that, it becomes "we won but barely." The amount of people that were pissed that media outlets had us as a top 10 roster is hilarious. "How dare you!"

The best thing about Jet wins is how silent it gets from a select group of posters. After the NE game it was crickets for them. God forbid the Jets lose or don't beat Denver by 21, they will be swarming the board like locusts. Guaranteed.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

The 2024 Broncos are a likely bottom 10 (possible bottom 5) team.

A Super Bowl contender with the best roster in their history (which we supposedly are) should not have major problems defeating them.  If the Jets are what people here say, they should handle their business, no problem, same as the Patriots (another likely bottom 5 team).

We don't have to 'talk up' every opponent in some superstitious mantra.  The Broncos aren't good, we're supposed to be VERY good.  And the game is in NY, not Denver.  This shouldn't be a close game.  

If it IS a very close game, or if we lose, that is not "aw shucks, Broncos are pretty good I guess" moment, it's a frankly big disappointment and let down by the Rodgers-led Jets. 

Agree with points 1,2,3.

Disagree on 4. Still in mulligan season. First 4 games are the new preseason

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Trading for Fields was the no-brainer of all no-brainers.

He's still dirt cheap on his rookie deal and a dynamic playmaker when given the opportunity.

Tyrod is Joe Namath compared to Zach Wilson, but in real terms, he can't stay healthy and average at best on the field even when 100% healthwise.

The Steelers are 3-0 with a QB nobody wanted that they got for like a future 6th rounder or whatever it was.

Basically got him for a box of Krispy Kremes.

its easy to say that now thats hes 3-0 but he wasnt very good last year. if we trade for him and passed on Taylor this board would flip. 

there 3-0 because they have a HOF HC. Fields has been nice but hes not killing it. 20....18 and 13 points their offense scored. 2 TD and 1 INT in 3 games.

last year the Steelers went to the playoffs with Pickett, Rudolph and Trubisky. they threw 2 more TDs 13 then we did 11.

It seems like teams this season are mostly up and down. But Nix has 3 starts and has improved. He had 61 starts in college. Plus Payton has tried to fix elements of a non achieving offense and at least last week vs what we thought of as a good team and away had a good game. It's hard to predict what happens on Sunday. They have the advantage in coaching we have advantage in QB and personnel. I'd go with the Jets!

Just now, Rangers9 said:

It seems like teams this season are mostly up and down. But Nix has 3 starts and has improved. He had 61 starts in college. Plus Payton has tried to fix elements of a non achieving offense and at least last week vs what we thought of as a good team and away had a good game. It's hard to predict what happens on Sunday. They have the advantage in coaching we have advantage in QB and personnel. I'd go with the Jets!

I don't understand why Sean Payton is revered as some coaching savant.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also Justin Fields is 3-0 because he was NOT drafted by the Jets!

Remember the Oracle's prediction?  Off to a very good start.  

That said, if I were the Steelers, I'd be looking to find some trading partners for Rus and/or try to get Fields another weapon.  He arguably has less to work w/ this year vs. last year and now their OL is starting to get banged up a bit.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Remember the Oracle's prediction?  Off to a very good start.  

That said, if I were the Steelers, I'd be looking to find some trading partners for Rus and/or try to get Fields another weapon.  He arguably has less to work w/ this year vs. last year and now their OL is starting to get banged up a bit.

Robby Chosen is available. Chose Robby. 

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This isn't about the Bill but if you want to get into them -  they are 3-0 (not 2-1) but I would agree it's a weak 3-0.

I think the Bill's are an immensely beatable team.  In fact, I think Saleh/Ulbrich have, to a degree, figured out Allen.  I expect the Jets to beat the Bills at least once with a sweep not out of the question.

You go on with yo bad self Fido!

42 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I'm going to disagree. I think Taylor was a much better option for QB2 especially since he only cost money and not draft capital.

This, but more than anything because the offense would need to adapt around fields if he was our backup. The Steelers have done pretty well at that, but I simply don't trust Hackett to

Taylor has the experience and brains to learn our system and hopefully execute it if needed

47 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I'm hoping our blitz-heavy approach from the Patiots game, carries over vs Denver.

I somewhat agree with this, but I'm hoping we decrease the quantity of blitzes and rushers.

For one thing, I think it worked because the Pats probably didn't gameplan for it much. Their OL is also somewhat injured, and I think the coaches knew Brissett has the tools to pick us apart underneath if left unchecked.

The broncos will probably gameplan for more blitzes, have a better OL, and a QB who has shown some running ability but doesn't have the maturity/resume of Brissett. We should probably be keeping a QB spy and sending 4/5 guys most of the time, hoping to get a mistake throw into our zone coverage and keep his runs contained. Bucs CBs are injured and poor, I think the Jets can get better pressure and better coverage than the Bucs. I still wanna see some blitzes of course but maybe more like 15-20% of plays than the 40% we used vs pats. Just my hunch. Particularly if we have a lead. 

Also, I said it earlier, but Payton just seems to own Bowles and the Bucs since the Olden days. I am hopeful our coaches (particularly on defense) aren't so easily outfoxed.

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Happen to agree with this.

I think the Broncos will show up.

The Jets need to be well prepared and not have any miscues, like missed FG's or T/O's.

I don't see this as the blowout, many here are predicting.

Agree. The Broncos will not be blown out. However, this is not a game the Jets will look past. They can't. This is a big game for them. They can't afford to lose games like this. Games they SHOULD win. They have big games against Minn and Buf coming up followed by a Steelers team that is currently undefeated. 

This game is at home. The Jets are coming off 10 days rest. They are coming off a dominant performance and a lot of confidence on both sides of the ball. They saw what the Broncos can do when Bo Nix is playing well so they won't underestimate him. Oh and by the way the Jets have had this game circled on their calendar for months now because of Payton's trash talking. They should be well prepared. And they should be amped up, especially Rodgers.

This should be a game that the Jets control, maintain a lead in, and win handily even if not in a blow out. A win is a win and that is all I am hoping for. But you at least want them to keep the Broncos in check and not have to come back against them or let them turn this into a dog fight.  

27-16 Jets win easily. Maybe we see Isaiah Davis and T. Taylor get some more reps in garbage time.  

i think most jets fans would love to see a blowout.  buffalo blew out the jags last night.  the packers and the vikings blew out their opponents this last week.

I would like to see and much prefer to see a methodical business like show of a better team who understands it is a better team and goes about the business of winning. My personal opinion is that a blowout may lead to a letdown somewhere down the road. I guess that’s the long time Jets fan in me.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

its easy to say that now thats hes 3-0 but he wasnt very good last year. if we trade for him and passed on Taylor this board would flip. 

there 3-0 because they have a HOF HC. Fields has been nice but hes not killing it. 20....18 and 13 points their offense scored. 2 TD and 1 INT in 3 games.

last year the Steelers went to the playoffs with Pickett, Rudolph and Trubisky. they threw 2 more TDs 13 then we did 11.

I was saying it at the time, that they should have traded for Fields.

Jet fans were just so happy to have a backup not named Zach Wilson.

• WTF? 1

37 minutes ago, jetsfan56 said:

I would like to see and much prefer to see a methodical business like show of a better team who understands it is a better team and goes about the business of winning. My personal opinion is that a blowout may lead to a letdown somewhere down the road. I guess that’s the long time Jets fan in me. emoji16.png

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

i agree.  i would like to see some bell to bell competence.  this doesn't mean it has to be a blowout but just a very convincing win.  win each phase of the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t know where anyone came up with the notion they were bad. We just wrapped up week 3. I’m hoping Aaron has a axe to grind still with Payton. I’d like to see him stomp that stupid pucker face in the dirt.

Their roster isn't very good.

If the Jets defense cant shut down Bo Mix we are in trouble.

Think thats the thinking. 

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

The 2024 Broncos are a likely bottom 10 (possible bottom 5) team.

A Super Bowl contender with the best roster in their history (which we supposedly are) should not have major problems defeating them.  If the Jets are what people here say, they should handle their business, no problem, same as the Patriots (another likely bottom 5 team).

We don't have to 'talk up' every opponent in some superstitious mantra.  The Broncos aren't good, we're supposed to be VERY good.  And the game is in NY, not Denver.  This shouldn't be a close game.  

If it IS a very close game, or if we lose, that is not "aw shucks, Broncos are pretty good I guess" moment, it's a frankly big disappointment and let down by the Rodgers-led Jets. 

We'll be SB contenders when we demonstrate it. Best roster in history is really jumping the shark, but it's a very good roster on paper. We honestly don't know yet what the Jets are. One flashy game doesn't prove much. When we beat the Vikings and/or Bills, even the Steelers, I'll be more optimistic. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

We'll be SB contenders when we demonstrate it. Best roster in history is really jumping the shark, but it's a very good roster on paper. We honestly don't know yet what the Jets are. One flashy game doesn't prove much. When we beat the Vikings and/or Bills, even the Steelers, I'll be more optimistic. 

I’ll echo the sentiment of others,

Enjoy the ride, we don’t need to win every game by 20 points just win the games. You don’t get style points you just need to win.

The next three weeks are going to be fun, and even if we loose to the Vikings and bills, it doesn’t mean the season is over.

We just need to keep plugging away and improving. If Rodgers is healthy we have a shot in ANY game.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Trading for Fields was the no-brainer of all no-brainers.

He's still dirt cheap on his rookie deal and a dynamic playmaker when given the opportunity.

Tyrod is Joe Namath compared to Zach Wilson, but in real terms, he can't stay healthy and average at best on the field even when 100% healthwise.

The Steelers are 3-0 with a QB nobody wanted that they got for like a future 6th rounder or whatever it was.

Basically got him for a box of Krispy Kremes.

Saleh and JD didn’t have the luxury of having a project qb on their hands should Rodgers go down. With what we’ve seen over the last few years, this team was much more comfortable with completely average qb play without the high ceiling (tyrod) vs the big upside with the really low floor (fields). Could have made a lot more sense if everyone had job security but in a do or die season, I don’t think they could go rd 2 with a project back up qb. Good on Tomlin and Arthur smith though, they are doing a nice job with him thus far. 

With feilds though, just remember just because he looks decent with the Steelers doesn’t mean he’d look the same here if he had to play games.  The Steelers are one of the most stable franchises in the NFL. The jets are towards the bottom of that list.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Their roster isn't very good.

If the Jets defense cant shut down Bo Mix we are in trouble.

Think thats the thinking. 

Eh, every game is different. Teams are routinely winning games they shouldn’t.

13 hours ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

They are bad.

Yeah I’m not sold on them either.

Baker sucks if you take away his #1 WR which is Mike Evans and he is a pretty dammed good #1 WR the guy is going to the HOF.

Broncos put Surtain on Evans.  Evans had 2 catches for 17 yards.  Hence, Baker sucked.  Like Rex Ryan said “he’s a one read guy”

now the broncos can and will try the same thing with us.  I expect Surtain on GW all game.  However, this is Aaron Rodgers and he goes through progressions and uses all his receivers to include both our running backs who can make plays.

And Nix ain’t all that.

18 hours ago, funaz said:

I’ll echo the sentiment of others,

Enjoy the ride, we don’t need to win every game by 20 points just win the games. You don’t get style points you just need to win.

The next three weeks are going to be fun, and even if we loose to the Vikings and bills, it doesn’t mean the season is over.

We just need to keep plugging away and improving. If Rodgers is healthy we have a shot in ANY game.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

I agree. We also can't get too too caught up in every single result, although with weeks between games that is much easier said than done haha.

Let's all not forget those 5-2 starts where we had all the optimism in the world just to ruin it. The opposite can happen too.

What'll be important is that the jets have a series of more stable (schedule-wise), relatively easy games to finish out the year and a good bye week placement. This team just needs to heat up at the end of the year to have a chance. Before then, ideally we build up some wins and a cushion on a playoff place, but we really just need to hang on, stay healthy and play good football.

maybe i am putting too much into Rodgers but he is a hold a grudge guy and wants to prove that in his play.

I think he looks for every opportunity to embarrass Payton for his comments.

Not going to shock me if he has 3 or 4 td passes. 

• Upvote 1