Has Davante Adams Played His Last Snap as a Raider?

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

yea no. Imagine the Brady lead Pats have won 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls and your GM trades them Davante Adams. 

not happening.

I mean the only reason not to make a trade with KC is optics, really.  If the Chiefs offer by far the most for Adams (likely given their bare WR cupboard at the moment), you kinda have to take it.  It's not like Adams would be the only reason they win yet another SB; they just as likely would win one with him as without.

I've never understood this concept of never trading in the division/conference.  Why?  You're hamstringing yourself by cutting off 1/8 or 1/2 of your potential market.  If you believe in your program you shouldn't be worrying about what that player does with the other team.  Adams turns 32 in December and apparently no longer wants to play for your team:  Get the most you can, wherever it comes from, and move forward.  He's not going to be an elite WR much longer.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Don't look at the Raiders' cap amount. Look at how much they're paying him this year. 

Better to understand than to memorize: the only stuff that comes off the Jets' cap is money the Jets pay to the players. Likewise, anything the Raiders paid him - that hasn't fully come off yet because it was spread over multiple seasons instead - has to fully come off the cap (that's the reason for dead cap hits after a player's traded/cut).

The Jets didn't pay his signing bonus, or any bonus thereafter, so none of that would hit the Jets' cap.

Adams's base salary is $17MM even, which makes the math super-easy ($1MM/game). He'd cost the Jets (or whichever team trades for him) $1MM/game. 12 games left, he costs $12MM, and that's all that hits the cap. 

Youre a gentleman and a scholar!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

How much do we know about the cap situation for a trade.

I looked on overthecap.com and Davante had a $23 million cap hit for 2024, which is about $1.4 million per week (17 weeks) which means he would have about $17-18million left for this season (if im doing this correctly).  Is that what we would need to have cleared to fit him in?

He does not have any guaranteed money in 2025 or 2026 on his deal but it seems (again im not an expert) that we would have post June 1 dead cap hits of $7 million in 2025 or 2026 that are part of his prorated contract numbers but maybe we dont inherit all of that?

Adams will be on essentially a 1 Year $9m deal if traded at the deadline because the signing bonus doesn't move with him since it's already been paid out.

Realistically it's a half season rental unless Adams wants to go to the new team. Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, & Jets are all possible - I'm not sure I see the Steelers doing a rental. I think they try to pit the Bills and Jets against one another

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I could see Raiders eating the $5m difference to facilitate a trade now so the acquiring team has a little more flexibility. Bills would need to restructure a lot of players to make the deal work but Raiders could also eat the rest of his base if they really wanted to. They'll have ~$150m in cap next year after trading Adams

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They wouldn't. They're going to put the Jets vs. Bills to see who gives them the most.

He's over 30 and has a big contract so even though he's a great player and there will be competition, the price won't be that high. I'm thinking a 3rd round pick gets it done.

And Hassan Reddick 😁

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You don't know how Davante Adams is going to move the needle? For real?

Yes for real lmao WR hasn’t been this teams problem. The Dline gets no pressure, the scheme blows, the play calls are even worse, the defense can’t tackle I mean it goes on and on. I love Adams but I don’t think adding him is going to really make a huge difference in this season 

42 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Yes for real lmao WR hasn’t been this teams problem. The Dline gets no pressure, the scheme blows, the play calls are even worse, the defense can’t tackle I mean it goes on and on. I love Adams but I don’t think adding him is going to really make a huge difference in this season 

I'm not saying it's the only problem but WR has been a problem. Our #1 WR gets erased by a top CB and WR's aren't fully in sync with Rodgers. Rodgers and Adams come pre-synced and will take pressure off Wilson. 

With Williams and Adams on the outside Wilson would be attacking nickel backs and LBrs in the slot.

It would move the needle for sure.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Kay was WAY hotter before cosmetic surgery. She hardly looks like the same person. No to Adams. We have a lame duck staff and need resources to rebuild. We have a super talented roster and the window is pretty much already closed. The Rodgers trade continues to be one of the dumbest moves of all time.

i was gonna say the opposite on Kay.

do you have any pre and post photos you can share.

2 hours ago, Rochester Jets said:

I wonder if the Raiders would be interested in a guy with a name that sounds sort of like Raason Heddick?  

I think this is actually aquite a reasonable trade, but the Raiders will have to work out a deal with Reddick first and we just don't know if he's going to be reasonable on his ask.

• Upvote 1