Joe Douglas was not in the room during Salehs firing

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Everyone and their grandmother wanted Saleh fired. Thread after thread about how he's the worst HC in the league and more threads with people crying saying it will never happen.

Woody grows a pair and fires Saleh, yet here we are complaining about how he was fired. You got to be ******* kidding me. 

I think the process and exclusion of JD is important.  It speaks to the current hierarchy or lack thereof and overall organizational dysfunction that looms over this franchise.  

Robert Saleh 100% deserves to be fired but the absence of the GM is puzzling.  It creates an additional distraction that isnt necessary unless there is something else going on.  As I've mentioned, I'd love to know how and when they told JD that they were going to fire Sale.  Like if we find out it was after the meeting, that's extremely telling.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think we’re just trying to piece together how the Jets are organized  from a decision making standpoint. Seems relevant. 

We already all know this franchise is a cluster**** and whatever we do will eventually blow up in our faces. But hey, at least enjoy the ride 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This is the same org that hired Adam Gase based on one phone call from Peyton Manning. 

Yeah true. But there were so many bizarre things with Saleh too, I gotta think there was more. Like not attending the combine? What was that. Veteran rest days given out like candy. Even the house thing and living in a hotel his first year was strange. Cancelling mini camp last year. He operated like the Jets were winning. Again this could all be directed by Woody but they’ll never disclose that 

53 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Definitely one of the more significant details. 

Seems Woody is really taking the reins here which is hilarious. I think this makes trading for Adams or working anything out with Reddick less likely. Douglas would for sure do it now because he has nothing left to lose but Woody may be realising that he's been sold a bill of goods and is getting a head start on the cleanout early.

you think Woody just took the reins? Hahahaha 

2 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I think the process and exclusion of JD is important.  It speaks to the current hierarchy or lack thereof and overall organizational dysfunction that looms over this franchise.  

Robert Saleh 100% deserves to be fired but the absence of the GM is puzzling.  It creates an additional distraction that isnt necessary unless there is something else going on.  As I've mentioned, I'd love to know how and when they told JD that they were going to fire Sale.  Like if we find out it was after the meeting, that's extremely telling.

The real GM is Woody.  That’s why no playoffs for 15 years

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I’m not sure about Wilson but there is no doubt in my mind about Rodgers. Woody wanted a big splash in Rodgers the same as he did with Favre. 

Well he had no choice. His gm failed at developing a qb. The gm wrongly let go of the 1 already here who was highly regarded coming into the NFL too. Who just lit up the gms “ win now “ team ha. Same thing we farve, we didn’t have a good qb in place.. We have had bad gms over and over. 

Woody did this so he can tell if it's the coach or the whole operation including the FO.  If things continue to go south, Woody's cleaning house and we'll have a new GM.  If the Jets now can go on a little run, JD can say he built a good roster, it was the coach.  So, no doubt about it, JD's seat is just as hot right now.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Everyone and their grandmother wanted Saleh fired. Thread after thread about how he's the worst HC in the league and more threads with people crying saying it will never happen.

Woody grows a pair and fires Saleh, yet here we are complaining about how he was fired. You got to be ******* kidding me. 

I have seen maybe 3-4 posts like that.  I think most people get it. 

1 hour ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

If they dont make the playoffs JD can hit the road too. He's made a ton of mistakes as well, drafting Zach Wilson and then keeping him as a backup last year cost us a chance to salvage the season

And it was a mistake having Saleh here in 2024 to start the season. Like what did they think would happen...Saleh suddenly will have them prepared to start games? Cut back on penalties...that he'd realize you kick the FG there at Minnesota?

Surprise surprise Saleh stayed stupid

Lol on your username!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

A quality OC in today's NFL is worth his weight in gold.

I mean look at Ben Johnson in Detroit.

The Jets had a competent OC in LaFleur and sacrificed him when things got to a point of no return between LaFleur and coddled Zach.

Yes, but they are not simple hires.

A HC needs a network of coaches to be successful. That’s why I think going with a more experienced coach is better. They’ve touched more circles and organizations and have options. (Dan Quinn)

Look at what has happened to Nick Sirianni. He looked amazing with Steichen and Gannon, they both jetted and now he looks awful.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I doubt this is accurate but it could somehow lead you to believe that maybe Saleh wasn't really JD's top choice for HC.  Why else wouldn't he be in that room?  His absence could very well be Woody not making JD fire a guy that he really didn't want - Who Knows.  Either way, Sayonara Saleh.

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Seems pretty clear that Saleh lost a power struggle with Rodgers and now they’ve probably gotten worse as an organization because Rodgers and his gimp Hackett rule the roost

Saleh, the worst head coach in the league, being removed, can only have the effect of making the Jets better. It would be very very surprising Ulbrich is worse than Saleh.

Saleh didn't lose a power struggle he was continuously exposed as a poor coach for over 3 years. How much longer would he be allowed to drag them down? poor game planner/manager, unable to make adjustments, unable to instill any semblance of discipline

I mean come on now. The receipts garbage, the all gas no brakes moniker (basically his rallying cry was "Stupidly Aggressive At All Times Nomatter What!", the Joe Benigno BS stuff...I mean why is Saleh texting a local sports talk show host like he's his buddy...and telling him the things he did....of course Benigno  revealed it all but how STUPID doe you have to be to do these things as NFL head coach where you know if you say these things via text to members of the media, they can come back to haunts you. Now the terrorist flag. Like are you KIDDING ME? 

He was a clownish buffoon 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Well he had no choice. His gm failed at developing a qb. The gm wrongly let go of the 1 already here who was highly regarded coming into the NFL too. Who just lit up the gms “ win now “ team ha. Same thing we farve, we didn’t have a good qb in place.. We have had bad gms over and over. 

The GM failed at drafting him. Not every player can be developed. Zach is just very bad and a lot of it is on JD

Darnold btw was the real Sam Darnold that game, played like utter crap but got carried to a victory.

As someone said above, I believe Woody is doing the process of elimination. 

Saleh was coaching badly, so get rid of him.  Now let’s see how the roster looks.   then he can decide if JD is getting canned too.  My guess is that JD is getting canned.

There is no sense canning JD now because, other than BB, any replacements can’t be interviewed.

But it would not surprise me if the Jets’ contracts have clauses requiring owner approval/permitting owner action in them.   Either Woody violates his contracts or basically the people he hires have limited authority to act without Woody’s approval, and Woody has the right to fire anyone in the chain.  Kind of messed up.  

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

99% of it is celebrating the firing. Can you stop with your constant ridiculousness?

1 hour ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

That was not Woody. ZW was pushed heavily by Rex Hogan and Douglas foolishly decided to go with it. Hogan was fired this offseason

Still it's up to Douglas to realize Wilson wasnt worthy of #2 overall

I am sure Woody pushed for it

59 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I think it says i couldn’t stand to see saleh anymore and I’m losing patience with the gm as well.  

Look we knew there would be consequences if they lose and here’s one.  There’s 2 more possible guys to go by the end of the season, rodgers and jd.  

Guys - while it seems odd, don't forget that in the Jets' dysfunctional hierarchy, the head coach doesn't report to the GM. He reports to the owner. The GM and HC are considered equals both reporting directly to the owner.

That's why JD "wasn't in the room". I'm sure Woody told him he was going to do it before he notified Saleh.

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Definitely one of the more significant details. 

Seems Woody is really taking the reins here which is hilarious. I think this makes trading for Adams or working anything out with Reddick less likely. Douglas would for sure do it now because he has nothing left to lose but Woody may be realising that he's been sold a bill of goods and is getting a head start on the cleanout early.

Jets fans demanding Woody to stay away from football decisions, only to be humbled and thankful that Woody stepped in to make football decisions. 

Douglas is in the crosshairs.