Hackett stripped of playcalling duties

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Can we just all agree that this season sucks and we should all just focus on baseball now.

I always said that the Jets would suck so long as Woody was the owner, UNLESS by some wild accident, Woody stumbled in the right direction.   Perhaps Ulbrich was exactly just that.  The wild stroke of accidental luck I had spoken about.

By all accounts he is well thought of.  Perhaps he is even a powerful enough leader to keep Woody out of the kitchen,

Let's see... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

It just seems like another kick in the groin for Hackett to be great OC for Rodgers,

then a failed HC fired in his first year for gross incompetence,

then to have a respected if not vile NFL HC in Sean Payton say how incompetent he was,

then to have Jets to be unable to resurrect Hackett’s OC ability, 

then to have Payton beat the Jets and Hackett in a game that resembled the Toilet Bowl, 

and then, finally, for the Jets to take away Hackett’s playcalling duties, if not fire him, for the gross incompetence that everyone knew he exhibited. 

Hackett was good on the Packers because of a younger Rodgers and Matt Lafleur.   Just like Zach Wilson was good on BYU playing a bunch of future car salesmen.  

The Jets have absolutely no ability to judge talent.  

Don't forget his impressive showings as OC in Jacksonville and Buffalo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

rdbjjhrln5141.jpg?auto=webp&s=8becd7fb8c

Yeah, Gruden definitely not a big positive "vibes" guy! LOL

I take Gruden any day over Hackett with Gruden taking Tampa Bay to their 1st Super Bowl victory. Our own ex-Jet Keyshawn Johnson was the leading receiver that day helping them to beat the Raiders. The funny thing was Gruden beat his own former team from the previous year. Pretty good coaching when you have coached both teams playing in the Super Bowl just one year apart.

I grew up watching football in the 60s & 70s back with our Broadway Joe and our glorious Super Bowl III victory. I also loved watching Vince Lombardi's Packers defense in the 60s and Chuck Knolls Steelers defense in the 70s. Both teams certainly won their fair share of Super Bowls, but neither coach (especially Lombardi) was known as a real positive "vibes" guy like Hackett is. I guess that wasn't a real big concern back then because they named the Super Bowl trophy after Lombardi! LOL

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

remember when we rejoiced about Paul Hackett getting playcalling duties revoked from him 

Age Ugh GIF by Lizzy McAlpine

lol

52 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

As far as Hackett... I don't think Rodgers cares about what Hackett does as long as he is there for Rodgers to use as a sounding board.  He wants to have his fried there for support.  

Could be Hackett - like his father - really knows his stuff if you talk to him in a film room, on a big whiteboard, in conversation, etc. Maybe  he'd even call the right play - "the good plays" - twice as often as he does if given a few minutes or more to think it over. The problem is he doesn't have a few minutes or more, and neither could/can be trusted to choose which play to call when there's a 40-second play clock ticking down and most of those times you have to leave time to huddle up and still give the QB enough time to decide whether to audible out of that play.

It's just not enough time for them.

Think equating a QB prospect's high Wonderlic score with thinking fast on one's feet on a given play: being able to do what's supposed to be a 2-3 minute math problem in 1 minute is nice, but it's also a wholly worthless skill for someone only given 5 seconds to survey a defense pre-snap, let alone for just 2-3 seconds once the ball is snapped. They don't get to freeze-frame time and think it over for another minute and then decide where to throw it (or whether to throw it away). That test should just be quick questions/answers on screen, with A-B-C-D buttons to choose quickly, and the screen turns the question off after 5 seconds. See who solves a visual problem in QB-time, not SAT-time.

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah -- Hackett sucks, rejoice, etc.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

remember when we rejoiced about Paul Hackett getting playcalling duties revoked from him 

Age Ugh GIF by Lizzy McAlpine

I’m telling you Bit. If this season doesn’t work out, we are going to be back in the Stone Age . New coach, GM  rookie QB, same owner. 

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

getting Hall going is everything 

The danger is - one good showing against the 32nd ranked Bills run D and everyone will proclaim him the Messiah. ;-) 

"The offense is fixed, Super Bowl". :D 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Green DNA said:

But, but, but Rodgers got Saleh fired for wanting to demote Hackett.   Someone is not following the script, oh my.  

I think woody was pissed he was consulted by Saleh about that first lol. Then when it was leaked they had to choice lol

1 hour ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

Yeah, Gruden definitely not a big positive "vibes" guy! LOL

I take Gruden any day over Hackett with Gruden taking Tampa Bay to their 1st Super Bowl victory. Our own ex-Jet Keyshawn Johnson was the leading receiver that day helping them to beat the Raiders. The funny thing was Gruden beat his own former team from the previous year. Pretty good coaching when you have coached both teams playing in the Super Bowl just one year apart.

I grew up watching football in the 60s & 70s back with our Broadway Joe and our glorious Super Bowl III victory. I also loved watching Vince Lombardi's Packers defense in the 60s and Chuck Knolls Steelers defense in the 70s. Both teams certainly won their fair share of Super Bowls, but neither coach (especially Lombardi) was known as a real positive "vibes" guy like Hackett is. I guess that wasn't a real big concern back then because they named the Super Bowl trophy after Lombardi! LOL

The game has passed Gruden.  He’s a miserable person who was hot stuff 20 years ago and sucked ever since just look at his record on the field as a coach

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lol

Could be Hackett - like his father - really knows his stuff if you talk to him in a film room, on a big whiteboard, in conversation, etc. Maybe  he'd even call the right play - "the good plays" - twice as often as he does if given a few minutes or more to think it over. The problem is he doesn't have a few minutes or more, and neither could/can be trusted to choose which play to call when there's a 40-second play clock ticking down and most of those times you have to leave time to huddle up and still give the QB enough time to decide whether to audible out of that play.

It's just not enough time for them.

Think equating a QB prospect's high Wonderlic score with thinking fast on one's feet on a given play: being able to do what's supposed to be a 2-3 minute math problem in 1 minute is nice, but it's also a wholly worthless skill for someone only given 5 seconds to survey a defense pre-snap, let alone for just 2-3 seconds once the ball is snapped. They don't get to freeze-frame time and think it over for another minute and then decide where to throw it (or whether to throw it away). That test should just be quick questions/answers on screen, with A-B-C-D buttons to choose quickly, and the screen turns the question off after 5 seconds. See who solves a visual problem in QB-time, not SAT-time.

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah -- Hackett sucks, rejoice, etc.

On this premise alone, JD should be fired for drafting Zach Wilson. Send this post to Woody ASAP.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is 0 downside to this announcement.  Jet fans should be extremely excited.

I for one am still concerned that Hackett's poison will still emanate through the offense and I wish he was fired.

Monday night will tell the tale.

You said Aaron got Saleh fired to protect Hackett. Why don’t you sit this one out.