Greg the Leg

1 minute ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

I think the giants picked our other kicker and he just cost them the game last week 

The Commanders picked him up. Austin Seibert

Greg the Leg looked way off in preseason, and yet, still gave him the starting job anyway and has cost us 2 games this season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Should they be brining someone else in?

He's had a great career but if you lose confidence. you're done as a kicker.

If he had succeeded in making the field goals, the board will have joined hands in great harmony.

44 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You can make an argument that he's cost us 2 games with 3 missed kicks (two of them inside of 45 yards).

That's too many misses for me, wind or no wind. 

At the very least, he should see some competition and possibly just be cut. From what I've seen, when kickers don't have it in a given season, they don't have it. 

FWIW, our new coach gave him a vote of confidence after the game. LOL

Is there an argument? He absolutely cost us 2 games. He is paid to make clutch field goals and failed. He’s lost us 9 points. We’ve been outscored in 3 losses by a total of 10 pts. 

27 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Even the kicks he makes look like he missed them. Started with the game winner against the Giants.

The guy never splits the uprights anymore. 

This is an excellent, underrated observation.

It's like watching soccer / what every other country in the world calls "football", you can tell pretty easily if a guy is in form or not.

A guy can scuff a shot in front of goal and sometimes it still manages to find the back of the net. 

Everybody is happy because at the end of the day it's a goal, but the player is still out of form and playing with zero confidence.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Vader said:

the devil was in the wind last night. I say give him another chance.

You could take this a step farther and say it was rainy against Denver.

IDK I wasn't there but that's what folks were saying.

The problem is the Jets play in the Meadowlands.  It's not like they can count on conditions being perfect for any future games outside of road games in a dome.

And the kicker's confidence is now probably shot.

To be fair, Bass hit the ugliest XP attempt outside of Kaare Vedvik I've ever seen.

What do you do

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

You could take this a step farther and say it was rainy against Denver.

IDK I wasn't there but that's what folks were saying.

The problem is the Jets play in the Meadowlands.  It's not like they can count on conditions being perfect for any future games outside of road games in a dome.

And the kicker's confidence is now probably shot.

To be fair, Bass hit the ugliest XP attempt outside of Kaare Vedvik I've ever seen.

What do you do

the ball fell off the tee on kickoff. it was always going to be that kind of game. I don't think the kicker is shot -- it happened to both of them.

Even the kicks he makes look like he missed them. Started with the game winner against the Giants.
The guy never splits the uprights anymore. 
Honestly, I thought he missed one of the extra points too last night...I was shocked that they called it good

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Gotta bring in competition. Greg will either step up and defeat the challenger (and regain some confidence) or he will not and he’s gone anyway 

Yeah I think better to have him in pressure kicks in practice & overcome it.

Otherwise all his practice kicks this week are no-pressure -- it's not like he can't make the kicks; of course he can. He's just not making them + it's in his head.

• Upvote 2

Didn't realize Legatron is 36

That's old, even for a kicker

Chelsea had a policy for years of not signing players over the age of 30 to more than a 1y deal 😂

IIRC Pat Leahy was freaking 40 at one point on the 1980s Jet teams

That didn't work out either

Joe Douglas asleep at the wheel

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Should they be brining someone else in?

He's had a great career but if you lose confidence. you're done as a kicker.

Amazing to me how this guy went from being top 5 in the NFL to the product we see today. Im willing to give him a pass for at least a few more games he's never been this bad and he has certainly been damn good for us