• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 13,949 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

That man is Bill Polian. And if he wants to groom his son, so be it. He's got a serious chip on his shoulder about how his Colts tenure ended. That will be a very good thing.

Do it.

Do it ASAP. Heck, tell Tannenabum and Bradway to empty their desks today.And then, Woody, take a big step back and let him run the team and pick the coach.

And do it before the Chiefs or some other dickbag franchise beats you to him.

http://arrowheadaddi...ors-heating-up/

Edited by Bugg, 18 December 2012 - 11:57 AM.

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#2 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 30,488 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

That man is Bill Polian. And if he wants to groom his son, so be it. He's got a serious chip on his shoulder about how his Colts tenure ended. That will be a very good thing.

Do it.

Do it ASAP. Heck, thell Tannenabum and Bradway to empty their desks today.

And do it before the Chiefs or some other dickbag franchise beats you to him.

http://arrowheadaddi...ors-heating-up/

I wouldnt argue. That means Rex is 90% gone also though. No way he takes job with a 'keep rex' clause.

Edited by SouthernJet, 18 December 2012 - 11:56 AM.

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#3 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 7,061 posts
  • LocationNorth America; Western Hemisphere; the Earth; the Solar System; the Universe; the Mind of God

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

An adult in the room would be good...Polian & Son fits the bill.

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: A man must have a code. 

#4 PatriotReign37

PatriotReign37

500 warning points and counting.

• Members
  • 9,461 posts
  • LocationThe road to Seacacus

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

I wouldnt argue. That means Rex is 90% gone also though. No way he takes job with a 'keep rex' clause.

Rexs way doesnt work as a HC.

Look at his Father. Rex is just like him.

#5 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 30,488 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Rexs way doesnt work as a HC.

Look at his Father. Rex is just like him.

lot to be said for that
Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#6 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

rex will go back to being a very good DC somewhere and you know what i think he'll be happier that way. wish there was a way to demote him but we all know that's impossible. he's just got to go.

#7 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

What would Polian's career look like with the Colts if he didn't have the luck of having the No 1 pick in a year when a franchise QB was coming out? NTM he only won one super bowl with the hall of fame QB and 2 HOF WR's because he was never able to build a D around him while hiring terrible coaches like Tony Dungy and Jim Caldwell. No thanks.
Tank for Teddy.

#8 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,196 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

What would Polian's career look like with the Colts if he didn't have the luck of having the No 1 pick in a year when a franchise QB was coming out? NTM he only won one super bowl with the hall of fame QB and 2 HOF WR's because he was never able to build a D around him while hiring terrible coaches like Tony Dungy and Jim Caldwell. No thanks.

Thank you.

I'd rather go after a hungry up & comer from an organization like the Giants or Ravens, than bring on Polian for his fourth go-round.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#9 Damaged89

Damaged89

shut it down.

• Members
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Eff Polian. No thanks.

#10 JetPotato

JetPotato

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Regardless of who it is, wouldn't it make sense to just can Tanny now and start vetting candidates? What function is he performing now that can't be replaced? Why can't the new guy come in now to get a leg up on evaluating the current roster and formulating a draft/free agency/cut/coaching staff strategy? The sooner the better.

I have serious fears that Woody is going to do nothing at all. I don't trust him, and I don't think he has a clue how to run a business. He's not rich because he does, you know.

#11 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

The Jets are about an attractive destination as the North Pole. Come enjoy our salary cap mess, garbage QBs, malcontent WR, and an aging defense built to win now on a .500 team! Free punch and pie.

#12 JetPotato

JetPotato

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

The Jets are about an attractive destination as the North Pole. Come enjoy our salary cap mess, garbage QBs, malcontent WR, and an aging defense built to win now on a .500 team! Free punch and pie.

Nonsense.

First of all, the salary cap is very manageable outside of 1 more year of Suckchez.

Aging defense? The linebackers need to be replaced but the secondary and the d-line are young and developing nicely.

Just bring in a couple linebackers and a mediocre vet at QB next year and this is a playoff team again. Let's not get crazy. The Jets aren't the Chiefs.

New York market? What better place to make a name for yourself and be a hero? Big $$$ will persuade anyone

Edited by JetPotato, 18 December 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#13 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Nonsense.

First of all, the salary cap is very manageable outside of 1 more year of Suckchez.

Aging defense? The linebackers need to be replaced but the secondary and the d-line are young and developing nicely.

Just bring in a couple linebackers and a mediocre vet at QB next year and this is a playoff team again. Let's not get crazy. The Jets aren't the Chiefs.

New York market? What better place to make a name for yourself and be a hero? Big $$$ will persuade anyone

Sure. Just bring in a couple of linebackers and a QB (which terrible one do you want) and we're good to go. Except we probably will have to replace 3 linebackers, both of the guards are free agents, our WRs are horrible, our tight end is a free agent, both safties, the nose tackle, etc etc. Oh yeah. And we have to deal with Revis.

#14 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 20,383 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Thank you.

I'd rather go after a hungry up & comer from an organization like the Giants or Ravens, than bring on Polian for his fourth go-round.

Seriously. Outside of stepping in sh*t with getting Manning, the guy's tenure in Indy saw him fail miserably at filling every position outside of WR and DE.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

#15 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

rex will go back to being a very good DC somewhere and you know what i think he'll be happier that way. wish there was a way to demote him but we all know that's impossible. he's just got to go.

I could see Rex landing another HC gig in Detroit next season.

#16 shawn306

shawn306

Arbitration Eligible

• Members
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Well if I am not mistaken he also built the Jim Kelly Buffalo Bills and the Carolina Panthers as well.

He would be an excellent hire.
Posted Image

#17 JetPotato

JetPotato

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Sure. Just bring in a couple of linebackers and a QB (which terrible one do you want) and we're good to go. Except we probably will have to replace 3 linebackers, both of the guards are free agents, our WRs are horrible, our tight end is a free agent, both safties, the nose tackle, etc etc. Oh yeah. And we have to deal with Revis.

Yet, despite all of that, the Jets will finish 1 game out of the playoffs. With the worst 14 game performance we've ever seen in a QB in a period of time where QB play trumps almost everything else, this team will finish exactly in the middle of the pack of the NFL. Any starting caliber veteran QB could win 2 more games for this team than Sanchez did this year. That player TBD should be a stop gap until you're able to draft and develop a young guy in the next 2 years. I don't really care who that TBD turns out to be, because he should really only be here for 1 year.

I'm not saying they're going to be a Super Bowl team. But a new GM can come in here now and start remolding the team, and with only a couple of stopgaps, will still compete for a playoff spot next year. NFL teams can be turned around rather quickly, as the gap between bottom and top is not what it used to be. Every team has flaws, even the elite ones. Jets fans have to get past this mentality that we're going to excel at every position on the field. Fix the right ones, allow yourself to slip or maintain status quo where strength isn't as critical, and they're fine.

#18 jack48

jack48

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

The FO and the coach do not have a clue. The announcement today was the right one, but it was still wrong. You don;t jump over your declared number two. Even when they are right they are wrong. That means it is time to go.

#19 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,616 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thank you.

the problem is we keep giving "up and comers" their first chance and they fail

#20 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,616 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

The FO and the coach do not have a clue. The announcement today was the right one, but it was still wrong. You don;t jump over your declared number two. Even when they are right they are wrong. That means it is time to go.

the declared number 2 got a series yesterday. i guess that was enough for them, lol

Edited by neckdemon, 18 December 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#21 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,196 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

the problem is we keep giving "up and comers" their first chance and they fail

How many GMs and/or HCs have won a Super Bowl, moved on to another team, and won another?
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#22 bassmaster2

bassmaster2

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

This is a 8-8 team ,Rex done good job , the GM is in charge of bring in the talent and the GM done a poor job but i think Johnson will bring both back because he want Teebow , Teebow is terrible

#23 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 JN Captain

• Members
  • 16,807 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Actually think it's a great destination for exactly that reason... You get a ton more rope. I don't think anyone could reasonably call for the guys head for a couple years.

What makes it unattractive is Woody Johnson.

Posted Image

#24 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

CZARFACE

• Members
  • 14,730 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Sandy Alderson.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#25 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 31,044 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Untrue. We hit rock bottom so hard, again, that there'll be a decent timeline that comes with this gig. The roster is so thin, no expectations can be fairly attached until I'd say the 3rd season. That's a good gig, especially if we go after an "up and comer" as Slats mentioned.

Personally, all the Jets ever do is hire hot "prospects". I'd be in the camp of getting a GM that has done it before, a coach too. I'm tired of the Jets being a petri dish for coaching, management and scouting employees.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users