•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Eagles minicamps: Mark Sanchez struggles

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:26 AM

He may end up as their 3rd Q.B?

http://www.nj.com/ea...uarterback.html

PHILADELPHIA -- Heading into training camp next month, the Eagles appear ready to roll with former New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez as their backup quarterback.

That much was clear on Thursday, as Sanchez took all of the reps with the second team offense, and second-year quarterback Matt Barkley was firmly planted with the third team.

Judging from those reps, however, Sanchez's spot on the depth chart could soon be changing.

Yes, they were just a few (errant) throws in one practice of a long off-season, but Sanchez's first impression on those outside of the Eagles' organization was not a great one.

"It's like learning a new language," Sanchez said of the Eagles' complex offense.

A language he has clearly yet to master.

Sanchez had the worst day of the four quarterbacks on the roster Thursday, missing a number of open throws and having a few others fall incomplete. One of his throws dropped to the ground with nobody within 10 yards of it. Another sailed about 5 feet over the head of running back Darren Sproles, who was wide open on the sideline.

While Sanchez was struggling, the rest of the quarterbacks had a mostly impressive day. The third-stringer from last season, Barkley appears serious about winning the backup job this season: He was laser sharp for most of the practice. Fourth-string quarterback G.J. Kinne had his moments as well, and showed that he could have the strongest arm on the team.

Starter Nick Foles had his moments as well, including a beautiful throw on the run to receiver Riley Cooper for a touchdown.

As for any thought the rough day might have to do with his shoulder injury last season, Eagles head coach Chip Kelly said Sanchez has been full go during practices.

"He's not limited at all," Kelly said. "He hasn't missed anything from the throwing in phase two to what we've done in the last three days."

Sanchez will have plenty of time to improve from one bad day, and even though he is still learning the offense, he presents a better option at No. 2 behind Foles because of his experience. As the Jets starter, Sanchez took the team to two consecutive AFC Championship Games.

Still, the backup spot quarterback should be up for grabs during training camp, and Barkley's year of experience in head coach Chip Kelly's offense was an advantage Thursday.

"I don't care about that," Sanchez said of the competition. "I'm competing against myself, I'm competing against the defense. I'm doing everything I can to help this team win."

#2 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

lol. He isn't a good quarterback. Playing in a toilet like Philly won't change that.

#3 sourceworx

sourceworx

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationPatchogue, NY

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:57 AM

He'll be out of the league in a year, maybe two.

#4 johnnysd

johnnysd

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:11 AM

He'll be out of the league in a year, maybe two.

Probably not. First round picks at QB have at least four or five lives. Pro player personnel departments always think that THEY are the team that can get him to his potential. I would say his starting days barring injury replacement are gone though.

#5 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:19 AM

No, seriously, what kind of weapons do the Eagles have on their second team??

"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#6 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

Sasquatch Hunter

• Members
  • 34,286 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

Well one thing is abundantly clear: they do NOT have any 11 foot tall running backs to catch wide open passes along the sidelines

#7 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,578 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

Another potential great that Rex failed to develop.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#8 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 27,956 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

Sanchez is developed. He had 62 starts here.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#9 Kleckineau

Kleckineau

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:39 AM

Most girls take 13 years to fully develop so give Sanchez time. Still in the headband phase.

"20 years ago, we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don’t let Kevin Bacon die.” Bill Murray

#10 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 & 2014-2015 JN Captain & VIP Member

• Members
  • 17,809 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

Instant Starter

reset_buttonjpgscaled500_zps740f8923.jpg

#11 Jolot

Jolot

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

No weapons

#12 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,579 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

This makes me happy.

Larz, on 07 Sept 2014 - 6:38 PM, said: I just can't let hypocrisy go unchallenged

#13 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,579 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

He certainly didnt put him in a position to succeed with the Tebow fiasco. did he?

At least Geno got a chance last year. he wasnt being pulled for Tebow on almost every second down and wasnt left with two downs to make a first down. that Tebow season still pisses me off. and THAT WAS ON REX. just accept it.

Edited by BP, 31 May 2014 - 08:37 AM.

Larz, on 07 Sept 2014 - 6:38 PM, said: I just can't let hypocrisy go unchallenged

#14 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

He certainly didnt put him in a position to succeed with the Tebow fiasco. did he?

At least Geno got a chance last year. he wasnt being pulled for Tebow on almost every second down and wasnt left with two downs to make a first down. that Tebow season still pisses me off. and THAT WAS ON REX. just accept it.

The needle hardly moved on Sanchez as a QB in 2012. It's not like he fell apart.

Edited by Gastineau Lives, 31 May 2014 - 08:41 AM.

"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#15 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,579 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

The needle hardly moved on Sanchez as a QB in 2012. It's not like he fell apart.

That has nothing to do with my post, Mad dog.  it was about his development. what starting qb in the NFL gets taken out on every second down? can you name me one? and according to Rex (lolololol) he saw a lot of positives in Mark each week :)

Edited by BP, 31 May 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#16 Miss Lonelyhearts

Miss Lonelyhearts

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:12 AM

That has nothing to do with my post, Mad dog. it was about his development.

Development. Right. In year four.

#17 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,579 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

Development. Right. In year four.

BUT REX SAW PROGRESS EACH WEEK IN HIM IN 2012! ELEVENTY BILLION! Yeah, right. new atrocious offensive coordinator/new atrocious offense and we take him out on every other down so he cant get any rhythm. he should have been Johnny Unitas. you're REALLY REALLY SMART

Edited by BP, 31 May 2014 - 09:33 AM.

#18 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 34,218 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

Rex Ryan = 62 starts to figure out Sanchez sucks

Chip Kelly = 2 days of OTAs

I am the monster Tomshane wishes he could be.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#19 BP

BP

• Members
  • 21,579 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

POTW Nomination! where is fatass Crusher? he is slacking!

#20 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 27,956 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

That is well executed, Apester.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#21 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,541 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

Sanchez was the first QB I've ever seen to run to the clipboard. This isn't surprising.

#22 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,758 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

lol, that was good.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#23 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,758 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

BUT REX SAW PROGRESS EACH WEEK IN HIM IN 2012! ELEVENTY BILLION! Yeah, right. new atrocious offensive coordinator/new atrocious offense and we take him out on every other down so he cant get any rhythm. he should have been Johnny Unitas. you're REALLY REALLY SMART

Yeah Rex is the worst coach we ever had.  We get it.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#24 dbatesman

dbatesman

Failgoat 2.0

• Members
  • 8,828 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

Once he gets on a team with a real coach and some weapons watch out

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#25 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:09 AM

That has nothing to do with my post, Mad dog.  it was about his development. what starting qb in the NFL gets taken out on every second down? can you name me one? and according to Rex (lolololol) he saw a lot of positives in Mark each week :)

LOL Me and Shane: Mick and the Mad Dog.

BP, the way it read, you were saying that Sanchez was somehow hurt by the Tebow substitutions. I don't think he was. I think he was born hurt. And no, I don't think Rex realized it quickly enough, or Tanny for that matter, to put it nicely.

Edited by Gastineau Lives, 31 May 2014 - 10:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users