Matt Moore will be the Jets starting qb in 2015.

Joe W. Namath

Matt Moore won team mvp when todd bowles was interm coach of the dolphins. Moore is a free agent this year.

With bowles running this defense, the jets will win 10 or 11 games and get a wild card with moore at qb.

Remember, herm, mangini, rex all made playoffs in year 1 of their tenure. With matt moore at qb, bowles continues that trend.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt Moore won team mvp when todd bowles was interm coach of the dolphins. Moore is a free agent this year.

With bowles running this defense, the jets will win 10 or 11 games and get a wild card with moore at qb.

Remember, herm, mangini, rex all made playoffs in year 1 of their tenure. With matt moore at qb, bowles continues that trend.

The problem with positivity is possibility.

Cousins, Locker, Bradford, etc have shown they aren't very good when given starts.  Moore has at least played pretty well when he's been a starter.  I think if he's available, he should probably be our #1 target.  Other then Shaun Hill, he'd probably give us the best opportunity to win.

Nice connection to make. Worth a shot.

Yeah, Matt Moore will be the NFL MVP, let alone team mvp. Jets win SB 41-0 against Seahawks!

Matt Moore is a good name to hold the fort while Mariota sits and learns the NFL game. 

Great enthusiasm, but is there any concrete reason you can come up with regarding why Moore will lead us to 11 wins other than Herm, Mangini and Rex all went to the playoffs their 1st year?

I think we need to aim higher. But...... I'd go with Moore, Smith if we draft Mariota..... And Moore & Smith fight it out to be our stop gap while Mariota sits for at least the first 6-8 games ( maybe even the whole first season).

Otherwise I would like to see us trade for Foles, with Smith as the back up. No need for Moore.

So the Jets will win 10 or 11 games next year and make the playoffs???

You guys had a tough year, I'll just let that one go.

Realistically, I'd sign up for 8-8 in a second. The 2014 Jets really sucked, it's only up from here. 

would rather have Matt Moore in the interim whi;le we searh for a new QB than anyone else available .I also Like Cousins who I feel got a bum deal in Washington due to the disfunction that took place with the Shanahan blow up, that was not a good scene for a young QB to be thrown into. Either way I do hope Mariota stock falls in this draft cause i would have no problem if he Jets took him at number 6 and let him sit a year or two under Moore and learn the speed of the game. The kid has the brains and the drive and the physical ability

in all seriousness, i think gailey will have our offense humming with whichever scrub we put at QB.

this is the coach that made the likes of tyler thickpen and ryan blitzpatrick look decent. he had blitzpatrick playing well enough to con the Bills into giving him a huge contract

I wanted Matt Moore the last time he was a free agent. 30 years old and he backed up the past two years, but the Jets could make the playoffs if he played like he did in 2011. I was impressed with him that year.

I would support signing Moore and having a true competition with Geno.  I want Geno to be evaluated by the new staff.  

Let them pick whoever gives them the best chance to win.

Bowles will not make the playoffs with the  2015 roster.  He can't.  Herm took over a solid roster and Mangini built a solid roster which he then passed on to Rex who took that roster to the playoffs.  Bowles inherits a high pick and cap room.  but his roster is crapola right now.

I wanted Matt Moore the last time he was a free agent. 30 years old and he backed up the past two years, but the Jets could make the playoffs if he played like he did in 2011. I was impressed with him that year.

I would support signing Moore and having a true competition with Geno.  I want Geno to be evaluated by the new staff.  

Let them pick whoever gives them the best chance to win.

True and Geno....truly a contradiction in terms.

Archived