Woody leaning on Maccagnan to bring Darrelle Revis back

Morrissey

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I knew that. I thought you said NFL charged them. They were accused and NFL considering charges , if any.. OK, I understand now, semantics messed me up. I thought we were found  guilty and had a penalty assigned. 

No problem SJ, everything still under NFL review.

The NFL higher ups are having a meeting at the end of March to determine whether there will be tampering charges filed. It's a load of horse crap tho since a member of the media asked if he wants Revis back and Woody responds that he would love to have Revis back. That's tampering? Sounds like normal converstaion. F*** the Patriots :D

Bit your as bad with Revis as you were with Martin..LOL  As least with Revis he was a all time great and still a excellent CB..But until we get a true QB it's like putting great tires on a car with no engine..

True, but the way to build a bad ass car is to build around the engine first with bad ass components and you drop that hoss in there. I swear I'm not a redneck

Revis will do wonders for what Bowles trying to do but I wonder if we can get more bang for our buck by signing 2 good corners in stead of just Revis, Maxwell & a combination of 1 of these guys will be the same price Cromartie/Skrine/Jackson/Culliver

Revis and Sherman are 1 A and B. Jets have two options right now...dont spend anything and just tank while waiting for a QB or try and find other ways to win games with uncertainty at QB. Signing Revis would fall under option B.

Revis will do wonders for what Bowles trying to do but I wonder if we can get more bang for our buck by signing 2 good corners in stead of just Revis, Maxwell & a combination of 1 of these guys will be the same price Cromartie/Skrine/Jackson/Culliver

I don't know if that's actually true. Revis gets what 13-14 mil let's say. maxwell isn't going to get 6-7.  Being 27 and the top CB available before Revis hits the market, he's probably going to get in the neighborhood of 10. Culliver slots in there 7-8. It's not really true that they can get Culliver and Maxwell for the price of Revis. At least, going by my napkin math.

I don't know if that's actually true. Revis gets what 13-14 mil let's say. maxwell isn't going to get 6-7.  Being 27 and the top CB available before Revis hits the market, he's probably going to get in the neighborhood of 10. Culliver slots in there 7-8. It's not really true that they can get Culliver and Maxwell for the price of Revis. At least, going by my napkin math.

Yeah but in a vacuum maybe not Maxwell but a combination of the others, want to see if the Patriots pick up that option revis have left I read they was considering it which is insane. 

Revis and Sherman are 1 A and B. Jets have two options right now...dont spend anything and just tank while waiting for a QB or try and find other ways to win games with uncertainty at QB. Signing Revis would fall under option B.

they don't have the option of not spending.  As per the CBA...So they have to spend it all over the next two years ...They'll likely be an 8-8 team next year, smack dab in the middle of the draft.  They're not getting an elite QB prospect.  

I didnt see, I havent been reading lately. The NFL officially charged him? What was penalty? Damn

Tampering charges will be addressed during the league meeting held the last weekend in March. The Nfl does not "charge" teams with tampering. other teams do and yes the pats filed formal charges.

Tampering charges will be addressed during the league meeting held the last weekend in March. The Nfl does not "charge" teams with tampering. other teams do and yes the pats filed formal charges.

All this cheating by the Jets is getting out of control.

Coaches tripping players on the field, owner tampering with players under contract, always trying to sneak 12 players on the field, etc.

The NFL needs to do something very soon!

Coaches tripping players on the field, owner tampering with players under contract, always trying to sneak 12 players on the field, etc.

Maybe refs need Stun Guns. Point might get across...

Keep it up and you will be at scout.com posting in hieroglyphics. 

Manish is a tool with no inside information;

Jets should sign; McCourty, Worlids, Cro and Jackson for the same money

This.  By the time we are ready to seriously compete for a Superbowl (2-3 years?) Revis will be ready for a nursing home.  PASS

This.  By the time we are ready to seriously compete for a Superbowl (2-3 years?) Revis will be ready for a nursing home.  PASS

You can't pass on everyone.  Couldn't you then say you'll pass on everyone because you're rebuilding?  Or are you saying you can only sign guys under 27 years old?

And who says we're going to be ready to compete for a suberbowl in 2 to 3 years.  Unless we find a QB there's no way that's happening.  The only way we will be competing in 3 years is if we take Mariotta this year and by year 3, and he's the real deal, we can make a run.  

The Jets traded him because every time they gave him the $ he said he wanted, he asked for more.  Gotta draw the line somewhere.  If the Jets kept going down that road he'd be on the roster now making $40 million a year.  Not prudent IMO.

Signing Revis is like negotiating with Iran or North Korea.  Not worth the paper it is printed on.

I would rather the quality over quanity. As none of these CBs on the market are alpha dogs. Revis on the other hand is great and skills arent purely relient on speed so he should age well. I would be all for signing Revis and House to play CB. Along with Worilds and McCourtey as our 4 defensive targets. You can also add Dockett as depth along the D-Line.

With those signing we can be aggressive fixing the offense in the draft. Of course I would go after a Guard for immediate help in FA.

DL: Mo, Snacks, Richardson

LB: Worilds, Davis, (Draft pick), Coples

DBs: Revis, House, Pryor, McCourty

I hope it's true. Beside really needing a corner with his ability, I hold no ill will towards Revis, he'll always be a Jet to me. Other than maybe Curtis Martin, I've never seen a Jet as good as him.

You are no Jet fan to want a money hungry traitor back especially when there are other CBS out there.

Archived