Revis back with the Jets- official

Matt39

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the literal sense you are correct - as he was threatening to - which is the reason he had to be traded.  If we didn't pay him or trade him he threatened to hold out.  I think we're dealing with semantics here....But I hear ya...

I honestly don't remember him threatening to,either. I remember him being asked when he signed in 2010, if he would hold out and he said something to the effect that he wasn't sure and would cross that bridge when he got there

Yeah, because he didnt realize that the Jets wanted him back all along. Maybe if the Pats would have opened up their wallets he would still be with them.

And that is why I think Woody's tampering was a brilliant move.

What better way to convey your message than to tamper and have the former Jets' employee as commissioner.

The only reason he is with the Jets today is because of Woody's tampering.

Really? I thought it only happened because the Pats released him and wouldn't offer him a real contract?

So I guess there are two things he will strive for with the Jets, he got the first one in a real contract, no deflation of terms, and now he can work on getting his first real championship!

The only reason he is with the Jets today is because of Woody's tampering.

Quit whining about that stupid tampering case. Woody said he'd love to have him back. It's not like the dude was contacting Revis' agent or telling Revis we'll outbid the Patriots as long as you hit FA. The fact that Patriot fans are so upset with this sort of crap is beyond me. The rules don't really matter when you break them but if Woody falls for a dumbass leading question from a reporter, break out your pitchforks. Also, your team didn't pick up Revis' option, if you guys did he'd still be a Patriot.

What better way to convey your message than to tamper and have the former Jets' employee as commissioner.

Quit acting like Goodell and Kraft aren't the best buds in the world. Goodell NEVER harshly punishes the Patriots.

Brilliant move! Landed us Revis! Maybe Woody truly is brilliant after all!

Great excerpt from Post article on Revis homecoming

3. The effect Revis can have on the Jets’ younger players, particularly the defensive backs, cannot be overstated. Revis is an incredibly hard worker. He is the best practice player I have ever seen. If you dropped in from Mars and watched a practice he was in, you would know he was the best player on the field. He also studies film religiously. This will help Dee Milliner, Dexter McDougle and Calvin Pryor learn what it means to be a pro.

Full article:

http://nypost.com/2015/03/11/darrelle-revis-is-ruthless-expensive-and-worth-every-penny/

Great excerpt from Post article on Revis homecoming

3. The effect Revis can have on the Jets’ younger players, particularly the defensive backs, cannot be overstated. Revis is an incredibly hard worker. He is the best practice player I have ever seen. If you dropped in from Mars and watched a practice he was in, you would know he was the best player on the field. He also studies film religiously. This will help Dee Milliner, Dexter McDougle and Calvin Pryor learn what it means to be a pro.

Full article:

http://nypost.com/2015/03/11/darrelle-revis-is-ruthless-expensive-and-worth-every-penny/

That's fantastic.   it's didn't work for Kyle WIlson but it might for this young group.

Come on Kyle... Just turn your head! 

I am!

No Kyle you turn your head around like this..

That's what I'm doing.

ok man. Good stuff Kyle.  I'm gonna go to the film room.

Cya later Revis

That's fantastic.   it's didn't work for Kyle WIlson but it might for this young group.

Come on Kyle... Just turn your head! 

I am!

No Kyle you turn your head around like this..

That's what I'm doing.

ok man. Good stuff Kyle.  I'm gonna go to the film room.

Cya later Revis

revis also didn't teach him proper finger waving etiquette. after INTs only. oh wait...

Yea, the Pats are so stupid they would actually pay an aging CB more than Tom Brady.

Well your Pats* fans friends are having an apocalyptic meltdown over it. I think a few of them are in danger of having a stroke or coronary over it.   Some of the funniest stuff I've read on these forums in a long time.  For a good laugh at Pat fan infantile logic and whining, check it out:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/the-most-egregious-case-of-tampering-ever.1117800/

Archived