Revis back with the Jets- official

Matt39

Darrelle Revis's message after agreeing to sign with Jets: 'I never wanted to leave'

I really don't like the guy.  I'll pull for him because he's a Jet - but not a guy I'm ever going to love - or even consider a Jet.  I don't want him to go into the HOF as a Jet.

It's just things like that ...

Team just paid you $70mm - they drafted you...you held out three times - win a Super Bowl with their hated rival...

You know what - as your first message - leave the Pats out of it. 

F Him

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but NY media please calm down with the blowing of Maccagnan. Woody told him to sign him just like he told Idzik to trade him. Our owner is still a dunce folks.

What's gross is their saying "Jets fans love Maccagnan foreverrrrr," as if we've never seen a GM throw huge money at a free agent before.

but NY media please calm down with the blowing of Maccagnan. Woody told him to sign him just like he told Idzik to trade him. Our owner is still a dunce folks.

This ^

Woody should have kept his mouth shut and they could have gotten him a few million less...The Jets were essentially negotiating against themselves - Revis knew they were all in.

You cannot wind me up.

It takes little to no effort for me to pause between the other discussions I'm in to remind you of how stupid you are.

Since when does someone who boasts about making fart noises with his mouth care about appearing mature? You lose again.

When did I brag about making fart noises? I mean I do it all the time. I just don't remember bragging about it much.

I'm not saying I'm not happy,  I am...

Just was NOT a "good deal" - a good deal, to me, means something different than simply getting the guy you wanted.  It was a bad deal - but they had the money so - so be it.

It was no bargain, but this is why we don't give Percy Harvin $10.5M to be the 3rd or 4th receiving target on a team with a one-read QB.

It is a lot of $, but by not pissing it away on the likes of Harvin (or not pissing additional money away on Harvin above the $6M+ he already got) this team had plenty of space to do this.

My biggest concern in going after Revis was that it would be a 1 year rental so he could hop onto his next team a year later while we only got to use him for 16 games of Geno and are $16M lighter for others. Don't know how long he'll be top 5 but he should be for the upcoming 2 seasons (hopefully). But really, if we can't get a QB by the start of next season it doesn't matter anyway. Secondary should be pretty damn good.

Plus Drew Brees is also available? And we have the room for him as well. So much for those bitching that we have to blow through all our space just 'cause it's there and they couldn't see where else to spend it in that minute of that day. If Brees is truly attainable, we still can easily absorb his $19M/year on top of the crazy haul already signed. THAT is why we save it while we're non-contenders. Never know who's going to be available to make us one.

Please please Brees Brees.

When did I brag about making fart noises? I mean I do it all the time. I just don't remember bragging about it much.

I was talking about myself.

Lecture me about reading comprehension more.

Good grief.

As a person who was really anti-Revis this money isn't that bad, sure 16 millon and 17 million is crazy money but we have the space for it so why not? Year three only 6 million is guaranteed and then we're off the hook basically. You gotta think Revis can be elite for the next 2 years at least

Year 3 is $6M?  That might seriously be another holdout.

It was no bargain, but this is why we don't give Percy Harvin $10.5M to be the 3rd or 4th receiving target on a team with a one-read QB.

It is a lot of $, but by not pissing it away on the likes of Harvin (or not pissing additional money away on Harvin above the $6M+ he already got) this team had plenty of space to do this.

My biggest concern in going after Revis was that it would be a 1 year rental so he could hop onto his next team a year later while we only got to use him for 16 games of Geno and are $16M lighter for others. Don't know how long he'll be top 5 but he should be for the upcoming 2 seasons (hopefully). But really, if we can't get a QB by the start of next season it doesn't matter anyway. Secondary should be pretty damn good.

Plus Drew Brees is also available? And we have the room for him as well. So much for those bitching that we have to blow through all our space just 'cause it's there and they couldn't see where else to spend it in that minute of that day. If Brees is truly attainable, we still can easily absorb his $19M/year on top of the crazy haul already signed. THAT is why we save it while we're non-contenders. Never know who's going to be available to make us one.

Please please Brees Brees.

All Revis cares about is money. Its just a matter of time until he is done because of injury or doing something stupid.... Is Brees really available? His years are numbered too.

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to open the purse Woody.

I know it's a lot of cap but we saw how a horsesh1t backfield did for 2 seasons.

Welcome back Revis - with your schlong uncle and all. 

In what way is this a pretty good contract for the Jets?

They got their man but nothing is good about this contract - they paid through the teeth.  I can't imagine anyone else was close to this - They made it clear it was Revis or bust - and Revis knew it and held them hostage.   It's insane.

Interesting thing though is that the Jets were SOOOO far under the cap they almost HAD to sign Revis. Not many realistic team improving ways to help this time. Also consider we roughly had $50 million at the start of the day, got $10M more from cutting Harvin, so in essence we are kinda only paying Revis $6 million hard cap dollars this year. and we still have $40M-ish in cap space. Jets didn't affect their future at all with this deal and we have the best CB in football back. Any way you look at it, it is good for the Jets if Revis stays healthy for 3 years.

And the Pats will still finish light years ahead of the Jets next season.

You know why no one has talked about the Pats in reverential tones the last month or so?  Because that SB is tainted and everyone other than Pats fans don't even consider it real.  It's kind of a joke.

Archived