As geno goes... so goes the jets

njjetman

If geno plays bad...no playoff

if geno plays average .... playoffs

if he plays good ... afc. Conference game

if he plays very good ... super bowl

we lost aprox. 5 to 7 games by 7 points or less

and our defence is much improved from last year.

Gailey will make Geno a better QB this year. Our defense will not allow Geno to have to throw as much as he did last year. Run the rock, play defense and Geno won't have to be the savior.

That's the Mark Sanchez blueprint.  I want a QB that can make plays to win games consistently.

If geno plays bad...no playoff

if geno plays average .... playoffs

if he plays good ... afc. Conference game

if he plays very good ... super bowl

we lost aprox. 5 to 7 games by 7 points or less

and our defence is much improved from last year.

if geno plays at all ... no playoffs

if geno retires ... no playoffs

if we trade geno for tom brady ... Super Bowl!!!

Gailey will make Geno a better QB this year. Our defense will not allow Geno to have to throw as much as he did last year. Run the rock, play defense and Geno won't have to be the savior.

Some how these folks forgot that Chan had Tyler Freaking Thigpen as his qb and he had his best season of his career.  The Geno hate is just stupid; you would think that fans would WANT the guy to improve or at least see what Chan can do with him before they have him sh*t canned.   I am personally rooting for the guy because the alternatives are not really that exciting.

Some how these folks forgot that Chan had Tyler Freaking Thigpen as his qb and he had his best season of his career.  The Geno hate is just stupid; you would think that fans would WANT the guy to improve or at least see what Chan can do with him before they have him sh*t canned.   I am personally rooting for the guy because the alternatives are not really that exciting.

I agree. We really won't know until the season starts. I hated Geno last year - but I hope he does well this year and I think it's totally possible he could.

if geno plays at all ... no playoffs

if geno retires ... no playoffs

if we trade geno for tom brady ... Super Bowl!!!

Yet somehow we managed to go 8-8 with him as a raw rookie with a team with no offensive weapons to speak of.   Now flash forward two years, he another year of experience, more proven weapons including one of the best receivers in football, a better defense, a OC that has a track record of getting the most from his qbs and running a system similar to what Smith played in college.   So I ask you; do you think there is some possibility, no matter how remote, that Geno could become a much better quarterback?  Do you want the CS to see what they can do to make that happen or should they just cut him now?  

Can we start having people take drug tests before starting threads? Like Pot is cool. Maybe a few others are fine. But people on crack and meth posting are not groovy.

You plan to drug test Bowles and Gailey too? 

Yet somehow we managed to go 8-8 with him as a raw rookie with a team with no offensive weapons to speak of.   Now flash forward two years, he another year of experience, more proven weapons including one of the best receivers in football, a better defense, a OC that has a track record of getting the most from his qbs and running a system similar to what Smith played in college.   So I ask you; do you think there is some possibility, no matter how remote, that Geno could become a much better quarterback?  Do you want the CS to see what they can do to make that happen or should they just cut him now?

If I was the GM I'd probably cut him. I watched him regress in year 2. That's NEVER good for a young QB. I frankly don't care how bad a guy plays their rookie year, as long as they keep moving in the right direction. When they start to take steps back, it never ends well.

I feel Geno has all the skills to be a quality NFL QB, including the ability to read defenses and go through progressions. He also has that absurd confidence that every good QB needs to have. They always believe they are the best guy on the field. It's a good thing.

What he doesn't have is dedication and commitment. To be in the playoffs regularly and win like the Ravens you need a QB who is committed. Not nessesarily at a Peyton Manning level, but he needs to be totally focused. What we saw from him last year was sad.

I'd also cut him just becuase he flipped off our own fans .... in front of cameras no less. He either lost control of himself, or just didn't care. Either way it's unacceptable for a pro in his position to do that.

You shouldnt need to teach accountability to the guy who Is the leader of your team. If he doesn't at least bring that to the table he's not worth the effort. However, his cap number is super low, so if he's not a distraction I guess it wouldn't hurt to have him as a back up, especially if Fitz and Simms are our other 2 options moving forward.

But if I had the power, he's gone.

If I was the GM I'd probably cut him. I watched him regress in year 2. That's NEVER good for a young QB. I frankly don't care how bad a guy plays their rookie year, as long as they keep moving in the right direction. When they start to take steps back, it never ends well.

I feel Geno has all the skills to be a quality NFL QB, including the ability to read defenses and go through progressions. He also has that absurd confidence that every good QB needs to have. They always believe they are the best guy on the field. It's a good thing.

What he doesn't have is dedication and commitment. To be in the playoffs regularly and win like the Ravens you need a QB who is committed. Not nessesarily at a Peyton Manning level, but he needs to be totally focused. What we saw from him last year was sad.

I'd also cut him just becuase he flipped off our own fans .... in front of cameras no less. He either lost control of himself, or just didn't care. Either way it's unacceptable for a pro in his position to do that.

You shouldnt need to teach accountability to the guy who Is the leader of your team. If he doesn't at least bring that to the table he's not worth the effort. However, his cap number is super low, so if he's not a distraction I guess it wouldn't hurt to have him as a back up, especially if Fitz and Simms are our other 2 options moving forward.

But if I had the power, he's gone.

Thank God you aren't the GM; I think your tenure would be "Idzik like".   You don't cut players because a guy may lose his cool little; this ain't college Dude.  The fans were probably acting like assholes so I have no sympathy for them anyway.  These are grown men. You want to suspend and or fine him go right ahead.  There is a saying "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face."  I think this might apply... 

You think they are going to throw less?  They were like bottom five in attempts per game.  Besides, they ran on almost every play against the Dolphins last year and he stll managed to **** it up.  FWIW, I think they are going to throw way more.  Try to pressure defenses.  During the Rex era, it seemed that they wanted to play safe and hope for a breakout for a TD.  I think that is why they like the wildcat and were often searching for big play guys like HIll, CJ and Harvin. I hope that now that try to go after people - or at least pretend they will.

Geno won't start a game unless of injury.

So... twelve games?

Geno may be the third string QB by the time the season starts or off the team altogether.

Unless he has a ridiculously good camp and pre-season he will not be starting.

Fitzpatrick is a significantly better QB. There's no incentive to develop Geno with a win now team.

You guys actually think Fitzpatrick will beat out Geno in camp,lol. Genos physical skills are LIGHT YEARS better than Fitzy.

Chan will be watching these guys throw in camp & there is no one on this roster that can beat Geno out.

Now if Geno keeps doing stupid sh*t like running around with the ball in one hand while he's stiff arming people this staff won't think twice about sitting his azz on the bench.

It's all about the TOs!

I think Gailey will put in an offense that takes a little bit off of Genos reads & simplifies it so he doesn't have to think to much.

The addition of Marshall is HUGE!

Decker slips into the #2 WR spot where he belongs & Amaro will come in much better prepared in his second year. Plus they will tweak the Oline to make it better, put in more quick plays so they don't have to block to long.

One of the biggest difference I believe will be the complete flipping of field position now that our defense is again complete.

Two things killed this team last year. 1st was TOs, 2nd was this defense could not get off the field on 3rd down & we NEVER seemed to keep teams from moving out of bad field position when we had them pinned back.

There were some games where it seemed like we were always starting inside our own twenty yard line. That is the worst place for a young QB lacking confidence.

You guys actually think Fitzpatrick will beat out Geno in camp,lol. Genos physical skills are LIGHT YEARS better than Fitzy.

Chan will be watching these guys throw in camp & there is no one on this roster that can beat Geno out.

Chan knows all about Fitzpatrick, physical limitations and all.  What Geno needs to prove to Chan is that his dumb brain can get smarter to pair with his physical skillset.  Fitzpatrick has nothing to prove to Chan.

Chan knows all about Fitzpatrick, physical limitations and all.  What Geno needs to prove to Chan is that his dumb brain can get smarter to pair with his physical skillset.  Fitzpatrick has nothing to prove to Chan.

Yes he knows all about Fitz, including all of his limitations and because of those limitations he will try his best to help Geno develop.  I am sure after watching plenty of game film on the kid that he sees the potential there.  It really will be up to Geno; if he can take that next step, Fitz will be a back up.  

Now if Geno keeps doing stupid sh*t like running around with the ball in one hand while he's stiff arming people this staff won't think twice about sitting his azz on the bench.

It's all about the TOs!

I think Gailey will put in an offense that takes a little bit off of Genos reads & simplifies it so he doesn't have to think to much.

The addition of Marshall is HUGE!

Decker slips into the #2 WR spot where he belongs & Amaro will come in much better prepared in his second year. Plus they will tweak the Oline to make it better, put in more quick plays so they don't have to block to long.

One of the biggest difference I believe will be the complete flipping of field position now that our defense is again complete.

Two things killed this team last year. 1st was TOs, 2nd was this defense could not get off the field on 3rd down & we NEVER seemed to keep teams from moving out of bad field position when we had them pinned back.

There were some games where it seemed like we were always starting inside our own twenty yard line. That is the worst place for a young QB lacking confidence.

Great Post.  Geno better come to camp in the best physical and mental shape of his life and be ready to compete.  

Yes he knows all about Fitz, including all of his limitations and because of those limitations he will try his best to help Geno develop.  I am sure after watching plenty of game film on the kid that he sees the potential there.  It really will be up to Geno; if he can take that next step, Fitz will be a back up.  

Yep.  The onus is on Geno to prove he's a worthy starter.  Fitzpatrick has already shown that he can be at least a respectable starter the last 6 years, and his numbers have actually improved each of those 6 years. 

Whoever wins the competition....Fitz's presence will have worked.  Either Geno proves he's better than Fitz (win) or Fitz becomes the first veteran QB in over 6 years to come in and be "the guy" for at least 1 season (win).

And this is where the detractors come in to remind me of Fitzpatrick's W-L record.  Yawn.

Problem with Geno is two fold...

1) Yes, he turns the ball over a lot - and that's enough to say he's not an NFL starting caliber QB

2) I and think even more important - he doesn't make enough plays.  Sure he throws completions - but he's often inaccurate and doesn't often enough make plays that make you say - wow!!! This kid can be good.  I've only seen a handful of those in the two years.   We should be seeing a handful of those a game.

Great Post.  Geno better come to camp in the best physical and mental shape of his life and be ready to compete.

This is what it comes down to. I expect an open competition. Physically, Geno is light years ahead of Fitzpatrick (as has already been stated), but he's got to have the mental part down. He can't come in sulking (as he's prone to do) because he has real competition and no godfather in the front office. He needs to study the playbook that Fitz is already familiar with. He needs to demonstrate that he can be smarter with the football.

People hate Geno. People want him cut. But he does have talent. I'm very interested to see what Chan does with him.

Problem with Geno is two fold...

1) Yes, he turns the ball over a lot - and that's enough to say he's not an NFL starting caliber QB

2) I and think even more important - he doesn't make enough plays.  Sure he throws completions - but he's often inaccurate and doesn't often enough make plays that make you say - wow!!! This kid can be good.  I've only seen a handful of those in the two years.   We should be seeing a handful of those a game.

Yep.  Pretty much all of those "wow" plays came against Atlanta and Buffalo in his rookie year.  Atlanta ended up being something like the worst pass defense in the NFL that year and Buffalo was nothing special either.  Last year's "wow" plays were more of the "Wow, he really is that bad" variety.

Archived