Im really impressed with Todd Bowles.

Villain The Foe

This guy just interrupted today's practice and made both the offense and defense run wind sprint gassers because he's not liking what he's seeing on the field. The media and fans thought practice was over until they realized that Bowles was simply pissed at what he was watching. Seems like Bowles wont be accepting the mediocrity. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and rex would have been elated if the offense was average.

Because that's what he always aspired to be. You know his words exactly. "Well you know, we're ahhh, predicated to running the football. Smash mouth football".

Meanwhile Chan Gailey is predicated to scoring points and Bowles predicated to winning games. 

This guy just interrupted today's practice and made both the offense and defense run wind sprint gassers because he's not liking what he's seeing on the field. The media and fans thought practice was over until they realized that Bowles was simply pissed at what he was watching. Seems like Bowles wont be accepting the mediocrity.

Bowles: "You can't practice average if you want to be great."

This guy gets it

Wait I thought the only response to a sluggish practice would be to wait until it was over and say "Thank god we're not playing tomorrow!" Or @JetsZoneRadio: Rex on Green and White scrimmage. Overall, pleased with what he saw even though no TD's scored.

Bowles: "You can't practice average if you want to be great."

This guy gets it

Totally. I just watched his presser and he really does get it. His answers make me excited to see what this team will look like this preseason. His answers were straight forward but not loaded or aimed at a particular player, as if he's playing the tough guy role. He's always cool and in complete control. The fact that he even said that guys arent completely in football shape here it the beginning along with players will have this type of practice, but it must be understood that this type of practice will be few and far between lets me know that he's not bullsh*tting around. 

This is not a guy who will get a pass because he went to two AFCCG's with teams he didnt build. This guy is coming to take over a 4 win team along with a GM that had over 50 million to spend. This is already a team that Bowles and Macc built. Cant wait to see it in action. 

Totally. I just watched his presser and he really does get it. His answers make me excited to see what this team will look like this preseason. His answers were straight forward but not loaded or aimed at a particular player, as if he's playing the tough guy role. He's always cool and in complete control. The fact that he even said that guys arent completely in football shape here it the beginning along with players will have this type of practice, but it must be understood that this type of practice will be few and far between lets me know that he's not bullsh*tting around.

This is not a guy who will get a pass because he went to two AFCCG's with teams he didnt build. This guy is coming to take over a 4 win team along with a GM that had over 50 million to spend. This is already a team that Bowles and Macc built. Cant wait to see it in action.

Yes genuine reasons to be excited and optimistic about the future of the New York Jets.

Gettin me boned up a little. Meanwhile Rex would have taken them all go-kart racing after calling off practice and blabbering some BS about being a bully that nobody wants to play. lolz

Also, I just watched a Falcons TC thing, that came on tv in Atl. 

Lemme just say, Very happy we went with Bowles over Quinn. Very happy about that. 

Gettin me boned up a little. Meanwhile Rex would have taken them all go-kart racing after calling off practice and blabbering some BS about being a bully that nobody wants to play. lolz

Also, I just watched a Falcons TC thing, that came on tv in Atl.

Lemme just say, Very happy we went with Bowles over Quinn. Very happy about that.

Interesting

Why what did you see?

I was on the fence because in truth I knew nothing of either guy

Optimism about what? Having a better HC than Rex? Not looking like an embarrasing failure everywhere but the D-line? 

Yeah... what expectations. lol

You've been a Jets fan for long enough. You know how this works. Nothing good happens when we get excited for stuff. We've got to come together as a fanbase for the reverse jinx here. All of this happiness is going to ruin everything.

Interesting

Why what did you see?

I was on the fence because in truth I knew nothing of either guy

He just struck me more of the kinda guy who benefitted more from a stacked roster. 

I just didn't find what he was saying to be all that "motivating" it sounded like he was timidly saying what someone wants to hear in the job interview. 

Showed a bunch of clips from camp ... 

more a gut feeling than anything. 

Bowles has clearly accomplished things tho, I like it

You've been a Jets fan for long enough. You know how this works. Nothing good happens when we get excited for stuff. We've got to come together as a fanbase for the reverse jinx here. All of this happiness is going to ruin everything.

Ha. Well I;m certainly not expecting us to win any awards here or anything... I've been kicked in the nuts enough from them. 

If it makes you feel any better I'm sticking to my 7-9 prediction while I'm dustin off those boner pants I got from HH Express way back in the day....

He just struck me more of the kinda guy who benefitted more from a stacked roster. 

I just didn't find what he was saying to be all that "motivating" it sounded like he was timidly saying what someone wants to hear in the job interview. 

Showed a bunch of clips from camp ... 

more a gut feeling than anything. 

Bowles has clearly accomplished things tho, I like it

Thank for the answer and I have always wanted to say thank you for the Gif!!!!

Indeed. Accountability is much better than "let's go get a f-ing snack"

Thank for the answer and I have always wanted to say thank you for the Gif!!!!

I remembered when we all loved mangini cause he made guys run laps when they made a mistake. I thought he got it. Doh!

Ill hold off on getting excited about anything w/ this team until we start putting Ws up on the board.

Yes. Yes. And yes.......

Hmm - he's happy everyday here in Buffalo and so are his fans. Amazing what can happen when an entire organization works together.

He's happy, so the Bills are mediocre?

Seriously, where do you come up with this sappy, tra, la, la, stuff?

Archived