It's time for a change

Smo0v3mik3

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the main reasons why you have to switch, 1. we know Fitz is sh*t, and 2. Jets need to find out if Smith is sh*t or, not before next season so they can plan accordingly.

With all due respect we already know what Smith is. He is not able to read defenses like Fitz and he has no idea where to throw the ball once his first read is taken out. Fitz is a good backup and is not the answer at the QB position but he is a smarter player than Smith and thats not saying much. I cant see how Smith has the respect of the locker room especially after getting punched in the face. Unless Fitz continues with his 3 pick games then we have no choice to put in Smith. Let see how Fitz does once we get Ivory, Decker, and Owusu back.

Yesterday is what happens when you let the other team score on specials, make Fitz throw 58 times, turn the ball over and dont have your lead runner. The end zone pick was terrible but the deflection wasnt his fault. Just hold the course and move on. Youll all feel better once we beat miami.

Not every single thing is his fault yes, but Fitz was bad yesterday. Even the completed passes were off target, just look at those spectacular catches from Enunwa and Kerley. Many of Fitz passes looked like he couldnt hit the ocean at the beach. That was true whether he threw 58 passes or 30. He's not an accurate QB. I will give him credit when throwing to slant routes, he's pretty good with that for the most part. Everything else has been looking suspect. 

Geno smith will get his chance, I said it at the beginning of the year.  Fitzparick is exactly the Qb I thought he was, good enough in some games but will not succeed if he has to carry the team.  It certainly should not be this week that he gets his chance but before years end whether it be from performance or injury Geno will be playing some Qb for the team and have his last chance to prove he belongs.

With all due respect we already know what Smith is. He is not able to read defenses like Fitz and he has no idea where to throw the ball once his first read is taken out. Fitz is a good backup and is not the answer at the QB position but he is a smarter player than Smith and thats not saying much. I cant see how Smith has the respect of the locker room especially after getting punched in the face. Unless Fitz continues with his 3 pick games then we have no choice to put in Smith. Let see how Fitz does once we get Ivory, Decker, and Owusu back.

Please when Geno was throwing to the likes of Mardy Gilyard, David Nelson, Stephen Hill , Jeff Reuland , Clyde Gates no one was giving him any slack .

Hope Geno does good in Kick Coverage & catching laterals 

As badly as Fitz may have played, there's something to this. 

Fitz, at this point in his career and with Gailey, isn't going to lose you many games. However, give him a deficit and remove two very key players from the equation and he certainly won't win you many games either. That people can't see both sides of that coin and are instead clamoring for Geno Smith(!) is baffling.

Geno Smith, season savior, eh? :lol:

Whelp, had to know the Geno Obsessives would come out the second Fitz failed in any way, and Fitz gave them plenty of ammo today with which to shoot him.

Bowles seems like a "do what he thinks is best, period" kinda guy, so if he thinks Geno is better, he'll start Geno I believe.

I expect Geno to fail, horribly, for a third year in a row, but who knows.  I've been wrong before.

I knew when I walked in the front door of this thread, i'd find your erroneous ass hanging out here. Fitz will be throwing noodle balls until the end of time, while you still stand there with your Genope cap on.... pathetic. 

In case you needed the heads up - PHI just put out game tape that every other team is breaking down - on how to reduce Fitz back to his journeyman bandaide self. 

This is what to expect with Fitz- he will have some good games some mediocre games-. The whole team did not play well yesterday so let s not heap all the abuse on just fitzy

Disagree. It was pretty much all Fitz.... yes, Marshall made a bone head play, but we had like 37 chances to even up the score, and watch one man implode...

Truth is, he looked almost EXACTLY the same against IND... only they had Corners signed off the street playing back there. Otherwise, the game would have played out the same I'd speculate. He's not Alex Smith, and we don't have DAL's oline to run the ball. We will continue to gas out our Defense over 4 quarters as our offense struggles to get first downs... game after game. 

3-1 and lights out in the first divisional game and he possibly keeps the job.

Are we confusing Geno with Johnny Unitas? 

Lights out?! Show me lights out, please god....

Our offense stumbled it's way through CLE at home, looked terrible for most of the IND game (you can thank the scrubs they called in to play CB for the colts for that win) and this time our luck run out...

What the f*ck are you guys seeing?? 

Our offense stumbled it's way through CLE at home, looked terrible for most of the IND game (you can thank the scrubs they called in to play CB for the colts for that win) and this time our luck run out...

Go up 3 posts and read Villain the Foe's direct "lights out" reference. Literally you will see what the f*ck is going on.

all of a sudden Geno is the greatest downfield thrower since Marino

Fitz gets the start against the Phins if he doesn't play well Geno will probably get the go after that

a team that's 2-1.  So because you don't like Fitz are we supposed to forfeit our Ws due to style points?

Go up 3 posts and read Villain the Foe's direct "lights out" reference. Literally you will see what the f*ck is going on.

I'm speaking in generalities... There's such a distortion of the present here, it's disturbing. Jets fans are confusing our ability to persevere through mediocrity the first two weeks at QB, as a "good" play, while at the same time -- hanging a lantern on Geno hate from the previous two years as fuel for this illusion. 

There is no light at the end of tunnel with Fitz. We'll fumble our way to .500 record at best. With Geno, we're either going to struggle mightily and be in a position to draft a franchise signal caller, or potentially be a good team. It's his 3rd year, and he has a real offense to play with. Why you wouldn't want to see what that looks like is ridiculous. 

None of the receivers Geno played with outside of bench-riding Kerley are even in the NFL anymore.

and ps - F*@k Enunwa. That guy is awful. 

I'm speaking in generalities... There's such a distortion of the present here, it's disturbing. Jets fans are confusing our ability to persevere through mediocrity the first two weeks at QB, as a "good" play, while at the same time -- hanging a lantern on Geno hate from the previous two years as fuel for this illusion. 

There is no light at the end of tunnel with Fitz. We'll fumble our way to .500 record at best. With Geno, we're either going to struggle mightily and be in a position to draft a franchise signal caller, or potentially be a good team. It's his 3rd year, and he has a real offense to play with. Why you wouldn't want to see what that looks like is ridiculous. 

None of the receivers Geno played with outside of bench-riding Kerley are even in the NFL anymore.

I sure agree about Enunwa, dropped a pass right in his mitts and then totally wiffed on a WR screen within about a space of 3 plays in the 1st half.  i may be getting onto your Tight End band wagon pretty soon as i am just sick of the awful awful jags we have had at the position over the last number of years.  Catch but can't block, can't catch but can block, can block, can't catch but also takes 2 penalties a game.  Too damn bad about Amaro as he showed some promise last year.

No confusion here. If Fitz can play lights out he can possibly keep the Job. We dont know what our coaching staff is thinking. They could easily feel like that performance is a "far and in between" performance. 

Are we confusing Fitzpatrick for a starting quality quarterback? 

To me that has always been the point Fitz is not the answer for a long term starting QB.. Sooner or later we have to see what Geno has in year 3 or should we continue the quest for the Holy grail err QB..:) Maybe Petty works out but we have to see what we have in house first.. Fitz is a good backup now lets find a starting QB.. Geno as a rookie had the team at 8-8 maybe Super Bowles can get him to do better with much improved weapons..

To me that has always been the point Fitz is not the answer for a long term starting QB.. Sooner or later we have to see what Geno has in year 3 or should we continue the quest for the Holy grail err QB..:) Maybe Petty works out but we have to see what we have in house first.. Fitz is a good backup now lets find a starting QB.. Geno as a rookie had the team at 8-8 maybe Super Bowles can get him to do better with much improved weapons..

Great post I see things the same way.  Theres a reason Fitz was available we saw it yesterday. 

Maureen McCormick, who played Marcia on iconic show The Brady Bunch, recently revealed just how troubled her past was in a new memoir.

In her tell-all book, Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice, the now 58-year-old shares her struggles with a cocaine addiction, trading sex for drugs, eating disorders, abortions and the shocking news that her grandmother died of syphilis. 

Can you imagine the media frenzy if we were to win 16-10 next wk while Fitz throws 3 picks? Jets need to get a head start next wk. if they fall behind, Geno should enter the game. Fitz is not good for a multi-possession comeback. 

media frenzy schmenzy.  geno isn't ready, he needs more practice.  don't be hasty

Geno Smith, season savior, eh? :lol:

Whelp, had to know the Geno Obsessives would come out the second Fitz failed in any way, and Fitz gave them plenty of ammo today with which to shoot him.

Bowles seems like a "do what he thinks is best, period" kinda guy, so if he thinks Geno is better, he'll start Geno I believe.

I expect Geno to fail, horribly, for a third year in a row, but who knows.  I've been wrong before.

Fitz is what he is - a backup QB. He has proven that time and time again, but could be a good caretaker QB IF the Jets defense doesn't put him in a three TD hole. Then Fitzy becomes what he has always been - a backup QB in over his head. If the Jets go the whole season with Fitz at QB, I will not object because I don't like Geno Smith one little bit. But a whole season of Fitzy would probably end 8-8.

Every QB makes turnovers. Brett Favre has the most INTs of all time.

Perhaps, but Fitz was a turnover machine  after years in the league, with no counterbalancing attributes.  Taking care of the ball is not a skill he has learned to any great extent. Geno has the chance to grow out of it, Fitz does not.

Perhaps, but Fitz was a turnover machine  after years in the league, with no counterbalancing attributes.  Taking care of the ball is not a skill he has learned to any great extent. Geno has the chance to grow out of it, Fitz does not.

Rich Gannon had a late career revival. Both are horrible bets but all evidence is Geno sucks. I'd put more faith in Fitz getting hot and having a run than Geno ever grow out of anything. I don't think he has the brainpower to play the position. Unless the he scores some of those pills from "Limitless" I don't see that changing. Just my 2 cents. I know plenty disagree. If he plays again for the Jets I'll be rooting for him.

Archived