Lorenzo Mauldin

SoFlaJets

Funny thing is, he said after the last game that his first sack was going to come soon. That he was finally "getting it" and beating some tackle last week with a spin move gave him the confidence. Well, let's hope he is getting it, because we could use that type of edge rusher in the worst way possible. 

Why are the fans on this site ahead of our coaching staff? A lot of people were saying start Mauldin over Coples & bench Cromartie. I still can't believe Bowles has continued to trot Cro out there as a starter, like I've said many times before this isn't rocket science. 7 million for Cro? Don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out, so weird that most Jet fans thought he was done but Bowles didn't. He needs to start making better decisions going forward.

Why are the fans on this site ahead of our coaching staff? A lot of people were saying start Mauldin over Coples & bench Cromartie. I still can't believe Bowles has continued to trot Cro out there as a starter, like I've said many times before this isn't rocket science. 7 million for Cro? Don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out, so weird that most Jet fans thought he was done but Bowles didn't. He needs to start making better decisions going forward.

coaches and veteran players want veterans to play..they are just more comfortable with them even if they are not as good as the rookie

wouldn't go that far yet. But he's looking solid in his showings. That's why its time to give him the job and see what he can do. Heading to buffalo as the starter is a good first test.

wait, you guys are joking about the Von Miller thing. Right? 

He was awesome!!! He's also my favorite player on the team. Love being able to root for him. Side note: Coples is a square peg and Pace, who is always steady and still playing because he plays his role/fills his gaps well enough...but I'd really like to see Reilly take some snaps on the other side of Mauldin. Just saying.

Did not understand the Cro signing.  Said so at the time. Guy is a dog.  Way too much for a shot DB

I remember so many people being upset when we drafted him.  The kid has potential and is showing what he can do.  He is probably too one dimensional to be on the field all the time but who knows.  This kid has a drive to succeed.  

I am one of those guys.  Sometimes these coaches go the "safe" route and stick with veterans until is it obvious to even Stevie Wonder that the guy is not getting the job done.  I have been pushing for Mauldin to get more reps since the NE game.  Both Mauldin and Marcus Williams should be starters at this point.  (Cro can still get on the field as our kick returner and in case some one gets hurt.) Coples is NOT an edge rusher and it is foolish to keep trotting him out there to play a role he sucks at.    I hope Bowles and Co. have finally come to their senses. 

Hmm.  Did the defense look better when Cro was out with an injury?  I get it, Cro sucks and everyone else is better.  But, with Cro out, our D gave up a TD in less than a minute.

Those were two of the moves I said should be done. I also wanted to see Trevor Reilly given some of Calvin Pace's snaps but after that big play today that one isn't going to happen and the other one that is so obvious is how Chris Ivory seems to have morphed into Chris Johnson and Thomas Jones in their last years here where they run up to the line on tippy toes and get zero,1 or 2 yards AT THE MOST. Now I know Bilal has been hurt and Stacy has taken some big hits which is why I really want to see as Wilkerson says "the next man up" Stevan Ridley who once ran for over 1200 yards in New England given a chance to see what he can do because Ivory is obviously hurt and it's not just O-line issues. We also have lost another facet of our game: Fitz's very effective QB runs. 

Now for me I have to say I am not real impressed with Bowles' coaching style and I'm seeing more and more the owner's inability to understand the game that he is involved in is something that shouldn't just be a rich kid's hobby horse-it takes a lifetime of commitment and understanding and when you have to have the league choose your GM and HC STILL after 15 years doing this, well is it any wonder why the Jets continue to be a joke and are the least respected big market team in all of pro sports? 

Those were two of the moves I said should be done. I also wanted to see Trevor Reilly given some of Calvin Pace's snaps but after that big play today that one isn't going to happen and the other one that is so obvious is how Chris Ivory seems to have morphed into Chris Johnson and Thomas Jones in their last years here where they run up to the line on tippy toes and get zero,1 or 2 yards AT THE MOST. Now I know Bilal has been hurt and Stacy has taken some big hits which is why I really want to see as Wilkerson says "the next man up" Stevan Ridley who once ran for over 1200 yards in New England given a chance to see what he can do because Ivory is obviously hurt and it's not just O-line issues. We also have lost another facet of our game: Fitz's very effective QB runs. 

Now for me I have to say I am not real impressed with Bowles' coaching style and I'm seeing more and more the owner's inability to understand the game that he is involved in is something that shouldn't just be a rich kid's hobby horse-it takes a lifetime of commitment and understanding and when you have to have the league choose your GM and HC STILL after 15 years doing this, well is it any wonder why the Jets continue to be a joke and are the least respected big market team in all of pro sports? 

ivory isn't the problem , it's the oline

ivory isn't the problem , it's the oline

I think that Ivory is at least HALF the problem. He tippy toes it up to the line after seeing little space to run, thus slowing down to almost a stop before dropping his head down and getting that 1.2 yards that he can muster out of the little he's being given up front. 

People thinking Mauldin is going to be Von Miller are asking to be disappointed.  You guys will be calling for his head by mid-way through next season.  He looked good and I love the fact that he is so relentless.  That's all we need with our D-line being so stout, but basically they are occupying blockers during pass rush.  It will be much harder to get away with holding against a decent edge guy. 

I think that Ivory is at least HALF the problem. He tippy toes it up to the line after seeing little space to run, thus slowing down to almost a stop before dropping his head down and getting that 1.2 yards that he can muster out of the little he's being given up front. 

Yeah screw him for patiently waiting for the hole to open up and bursting through it.  Guys like him and Leveon Bell don't have a place in this league! <_<

ivory is getting tackled behind the LOS too many times, you can't pin this on him.  teams are daring the jets to win in the air, and the jets need to throw more on 1st down to keep them guessing more.  

ivory is getting tackled behind the LOS too many times, you can't pin this on him.  teams are daring the jets to win in the air, and the jets need to throw more on 1st down to keep them guessing more.  

Agreed. Ivory is running with the same intensity but teams are stacking the box.

Would be nice if Devin Smith woke up and was able to make 1 or 2 big plays. 

We've just been so slow on the outside.   It's really nice to see a guy that plays fast - someone that can run around a tackle..make a move and get something done.

Our guys have been the strong - push the tackle back...The speed rusher is a nice change.  It's what this team needed.

Archived