Anyone Else Feel Depressed This Past Weekend?

Lot K Tailgaters

Saturday morning/early afternoon I was looking at the tailgate equipment stored in the garage and went through a couple things.  Felt like I should be doing my normal Saturday routine and start to prep the food for the tailgate and pack up the truck.  Instead I just stared at it realizing there won't be a tailgate or regular season home game for another 8-8.5 months. 

Watching the game Saturday I felt like we could have crushed either the Bengals or the Texans with the way they played.  New England and Denver are both hurting and we could have gone to the AFC Championship game and who knows what happens then.  Just felt disappointing.

Watched the second game yesterday out with the g/fs family.  While there was some rain for a little it felt like another day for a great Sunday tailgate.  When I walked in around 10 pm last night I felt the cold wind hitting me in the face almost like a reality there is no more tailgating, home games and free agency doesn't happen for a few more months. 

This team really showed potential and that last game hurt probably worse than the lost the the Colts in the AFC Championship game but not as bad as the loss to the Steelers in the second year in a row of losing AFC Championship games. 

We have seen so many Jets head coaches have a great first year and then go 4-12.  I have confidence in our GM and coach but you never know what will happen each season.  Injuries can always happen and undo everything.  Will we have to wait another 5 years until we make the playoffs?

Anyone else feel this way this past weekend?

I watched zero football this weekend.  I am with you - depressed.  This was the year to make a run with all the injured QBs.  I feel like there's a lot of garbage in the playoffs this year (some was shed this weekend).

Not dwelling on it, though.  Just not really paying attention.  Will be back into it soon....watching games with some friends this weekend.  But yeah I took last weekend to football-mourn.

Not only am I depressed but still angry that we pissed away a chance to make the playoffs.  Every time I think about that last game it almost takes away all the good things the team did this year.   Then again, if couldn't beat the Bills at least once, we really didn't deserve to be in Playoffs. 

It's just everything this season. The football gods are the biggest cocksuckers on the planet. The Vikings, Bengals, and us...we all got completely c-ntpunched in the worst ways. All in the name of the ******* Steelers and Seahawks advancing, yet again. I mean come on with this. We're heading towards Steelers/Pats vs Packers/Seahawks. And it's just...enough, enough already. Can we get something ******* different? For once? This really looked like it was going to be anybody's year, but the franchises with black clouds hanging over them all came through in classic fashion. Just the luckiest sh*t ever befalling the same franchises again and again and again and again. Sh-t is played.

It's just everything this season. The football gods are the biggest cocksuckers on the planet. The Vikings, Bengals, and us...we all got completely c-ntpunched in the worst ways. All in the name of the ******* Steelers and Seahawks advancing, yet again. I mean come on with this. We're heading towards Steelers/Pats vs Packers/Seahawks. And it's just...enough, enough already. Can we get something ******* different? For once? This really looked like it was going to be anybody's year, but the franchises with black clouds hanging over them all came through in classic fashion. Just the luckiest sh*t ever befalling the same franchises again and again and again and again. Sh-t is played.

the bengals and Vikings got screwed with some bad luck, the jets got a bunch of lucky breaks all the way down the stretched and simply weren't good enough. They didn't deserve to be a playoff team

It's not just that it's the same four goddamn teams. It's that it's these four goddamn teams. Outside of Dallas and, let's face it, us, you couldn't script an ending for a bigger or more varied collection of dipsh*ts and retards. I don't get Cam hate but rooting for him by process of elimination just seems ******* stupid.

It's not just that it's the same four goddamn teams. It's that it's these four goddamn teams. Outside of Dallas and, let's face it, us, you couldn't script an ending for a bigger or more varied collection of dipsh*ts and retards. I don't get Cam hate but rooting for him by process of elimination just seems ******* stupid.

The Cardinals are a solid option I suppose. Until they get f*cked over against Green Bay, somehow.

OK, so now its the NFL wanted these teams.

Otherwise its the same teams because they get it and know how to get here.

The Steelers and Seahawks did just about everything in their power to give their respective games away. The Bengals and Vikings just f'd up a little bit more, with help from the zebras in Cincy's case.

Those were hardly examples of 2 elite franchises having control of the games. That was a whole mess of flukey circumstances.

The Steelers and Seahawks did just about everything in their power to give their respective games away. The Bengals and Vikings just f'd up a little bit more, with help from the zebras in Cincy's case.

Those were hardly examples of 2 elite franchises having control of the games. That was a whole mess of flukey circumstances.

The point is that they're whining that the same teams are there every year as if the league put them there.  I dont buy it.

As Ben Hogan said, the better I get, the luckier I get.  Its funny how the better teams are always so lucky.  As much as I hate to say it.

true but the Seahawks seem to have just more luck than everybody else. That happened with them last year too in the divisional game with the packers and that miracle pass by Wilson

Depressed is too strong of a word, but yes, there is a certain REALIZATION that it's over and it seems just too soon after such an Enjoyable season and 1st year with a COMPLETELY new & overhauled regime all the way from Scouts on up to the GM & CS.

I packed all my Jets Gameday gear into its suitcase and tucked it away in the closet until next August. Packed the grill and tailgating gear away in the basement.

It also dawned on me that I wouldn't be grilling pork chops on a Sunday morning on Jersey asphalt, decked out in Kelly green, sippin' a breakfast stout, AC/DC blaring out of Pick-Up Speakers off in the near distance, excited to see the Jets play LIVE and using the Jersey Swamps as my personal urinal with this view:

image.thumb.jpeg.38a2162c2a1fe2d1edf6569

Alas, I wanted to keep seeing this 2015 team play more games. Enough has been stated whether or not the Jets should have been in the dance, but the team was improving and finding ways to win as the season went on. It was a great 2015 ride with a VERY DISAPPOINTING, but not surprising, result. Stung a bit considering the competition that ended us as well, but nothing new to the pre-'97  Vetted fans in the way of the Jet. The Jets will be VASTLY different for 2016, so I'm a bit sad to see this nucleus eventually dissipate after FA and the draft.  

It'll be a while until those warm Sunday mornings full of Brat smoke wafting through the air as Arena Rock blares out in the distance like a modern day war drum anticipating the afternoon battle that we are eager to see. 

Oh well, in e meantime there's always PORZINGIS!!!! :lol:

Saturday morning/early afternoon I was looking at the tailgate equipment stored in the garage and went through a couple things.  Felt like I should be doing my normal Saturday routine and start to prep the food for the tailgate and pack up the truck.  Instead I just stared at it realizing there won't be a tailgate or regular season home game for another 8-8.5 months. 

Watching the game Saturday I felt like we could have crushed either the Bengals or the Texans with the way they played.  New England and Denver are both hurting and we could have gone to the AFC Championship game and who knows what happens then.  Just felt disappointing.

Watched the second game yesterday out with the g/fs family.  While there was some rain for a little it felt like another day for a great Sunday tailgate.  When I walked in around 10 pm last night I felt the cold wind hitting me in the face almost like a reality there is no more tailgating, home games and free agency doesn't happen for a few more months. 

This team really showed potential and that last game hurt probably worse than the lost the the Colts in the AFC Championship game but not as bad as the loss to the Steelers in the second year in a row of losing AFC Championship games. 

We have seen so many Jets head coaches have a great first year and then go 4-12.  I have confidence in our GM and coach but you never know what will happen each season.  Injuries can always happen and undo everything.  Will we have to wait another 5 years until we make the playoffs?

Anyone else feel this way this past weekend?

Yeah, this season was hectic for me, between TGJ on Jets gamedays and then private stuff when the Jets were away, I think all season I may have had 2 weekends where I did nothing. I spent all weekend cleaning my gear and trailer for storage for a few months and it sucked, not having a game to go to, especially with how fun this season was to watch.

Im going to have fun rooting for Carson Palmer Bruce Arians and the Cards. I think they are the best team in the NFL and will prove it

Not only am I depressed but still angry that we pissed away a chance to make the playoffs.  Every time I think about that last game it almost takes away all the good things the team did this year.   Then again, if couldn't beat the Bills at least once, we really didn't deserve to be in Playoffs. 

The Steelers couldn't beat the Ravens twice!! Only got in over us do to "Strength of Victory."

The weekend games actually helped me, imagine making the playoffs after 5 years and getting crushed like the Texans or jobbed like the Bengals or Vikings, 3 horrible losses, even the Redskins started well and got crushed, small consolation for making the playoffs.

The 2015 team was not ready, great improvements and yes any given Sunday they could have won any of those games but on the flip side could have lost in grand fashion.

The circus is in full swing in Buffalo/Miami and the Jets future looks bright, good times and bad times but we were entertained. 2011-2014 not so much...

Maybe you can have a tailgate for the draft or the combine in Indy :)

OK, so now its the NFL wanted these teams.

Otherwise its the same teams because they get it and know how to get here.

It's not so NOW the trouble is that it always HAS been especially with this wanker Goodell running things. When the Jets totally outplay the Pats all game and it still takes an almost perfect game to come away with a squeaker, nobody can tell me that we're ALL a bunch of whiners. When you look at the number of penalties your team has called on it and then look at the opponent-it STILL doesn't tell the true story. It's WHEN the Jets get flagged and how they are taken out of drives in the first half time and time again.  Then you start noticing they start making some ticky tack calls in the ;ate 3rd and 4th quarter so the stats aren't too glaring. The last Pats game though, they didn't even care 1 flag all game? Then you see the Ryan tean-always an undisciplined squad play an almost flawless game when it counted and the league yes, the NFL gets their desired results. I hate the NFL anymore

It's not so NOW the trouble is that it always HAS been especially with this wanker Goodell running things. When the Jets totally outplay the Pats all game and it still takes an almost perfect game to come away with a squeaker, nobody can tell me that we're ALL a bunch of whiners. When you look at the number of penalties your team has called on it and then look at the opponent-it STILL doesn't tell the true story. It's WHEN the Jets get flagged and how they are taken out of drives in the first half time and time again.  Then you start noticing they start making some ticky tack calls in the ;ate 3rd and 4th quarter so the stats aren't too glaring. The last Pats game though, they didn't even care 1 flag all game? Then you see the Ryan tean-always an undisciplined squad play an almost flawless game when it counted and the league yes, the NFL gets their desired results. I hate the NFL anymore

So you think the reason why the Jets have not been competitive in the AFCE is because of some Big Brother conspiracy theory coming from Goodell, the NFL and the refs?

George Orwell would be very proud of that post.

While yes I was upset and sat there thinking, this is stupid, the Jets could have beat any of these teams and could beat both Denver and NE. But then reality sets in and that reality is being a Jets fan.

At one point I mentioned something to my chick about how stupid it was that the Jets were playing in the playoffs and she reminded me that all morning long when we played the Bills, I was repeating, please dont be the Jets today, please dont be the Jets today, be like another team for once, please dont be the Jets.

It didnt work. 

OK, so the league is rigged, matchups are predetermined?  Always has been but even more so under Goodell???

Its people who cant accept that their team isnt quite as good whining.  Sometimes, I know its hard to believe youre team just isnt as good.  Isnt as talented or isnt as well coached.  Whatever it is.  Sorry, if you think the league is rigged have to ask, why do you watch?  All the debating with people, all the prognosticating all the time invested and its all for nothing, youre just watching wrestling?

Come on, you know thats not true.

I tried not to think about it and I only watched bits and pieces from the 4 games.  it's on to college basketball season where once again the heels will pick me up after a jets disappointment.

Im gonna be a fan of who ever wins the SB, WS, Stanley cup.  Front running is so much fun.:D

The Steelers couldn't beat the Ravens twice!! Only got in over us do to "Strength of Victory."

Strength of victory my azz! Steelers should have been kept out for losing to the Ravens twice! Jets lost twice to Bills who would eaten Ravens for lunch! That's how it should have been determined,lol.

Archived