Time to switch QBs

Maxman

It is officially Geno Smith time.

Let's try to win some games. Fitz isn't getting it done. The red zone problems are cause and effect. Teams are playing bend but don't break against us. So Fitz puts up good stats but can't close out drives.

Next.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you?  How could you?

The defense has yet to give Fitz double digit leads to make defenses desperate?  How can you perform when you are expected to score TDs?  Fitz ever the angles wizard, saw that Marshall was covered and calculated that if he hit the ball off the CBs hands, then Marshall would catch it.  He displayed some veteran leadership as well, having the troops fired up after halftime.  I'm worried the team won't be inspired by aloof Geno, and we won't be able to score in the second halves at our torrid pace.

2 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

What will Geno give you? A few wins here and there? Tank properly. Put in Petty and if he isn't healthy put in hackenberg. These are precious snaps. Don't waste them on Fitz or Geno. 

Let's tank properly at least once. 

Who knows at this point because Fitzpatrick is giving us nothing. 

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is officially Geno Smith time.

Let's try to win some games. Fitz isn't getting it done. The red zone problems are cause and effect. Teams are playing bend but don't break against us. So Fitz puts up good stats but can't close out drives.

Next.

What's the point? Unless they're switching to a healthy Petty or Hack there is literally zero to gain from Geno starting. Nothing. Red Zone play calling is more the problem than red Zone execution. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

What's the point? Unless they're switching to a healthy Petty or Hack there is literally zero to gain from Geno starting. Nothing. Red Zone play calling is more the problem than red Zone execution. 

Because teams have got the book on Fitztragic...and it's not going to get any better marching him back out there.

Time to mix it up.

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

Because teams have got the book on Fitztragic...and it's not going to get any better marching him back out there.

Time to mix it up.

And they don't have a book on Geno? Throw Hack out there for all I care but if you're going to make the QB change, you're effectively ending the season. Might as well get a look at a QB that's going to be a Jet in 2017. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What do you mean "or Hack"? There is no Hackenberg. Not this year. He's a practice squad player taking up a regular roster spot. There's only Fitz, Geno, and Petty this year, and right now there's just Fitz and Geno.

The problem is Fitz so bad and the team is performing so poorly, Bowles may have to make a change before Petty is available. The best thing in his favor is that almost everyone is playing so poorly that few in the locker room will have a leg to stand on if bitching about Fitz behind the scenes.

So I agree there's little point. Worst thing that can happen is Geno gets into a little rhythm and now that's the excuse for keeping Petty on the bench for yet another month or more. If they had any ideas of retaining Geno past this year he'd have been on the field by now. So the only ones with a possible future are Petty and Hackenberg, and Hackenberg is unusable. That leaves only one.

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

And they don't have a book on Geno? Throw Hack out there for all I care but if you're going to make the QB change, you're effectively ending the season. Might as well get a look at a QB that's going to be a Jet in 2017. 

This is where I'm at. All four of them suck out loud, but we should at least get a look at Petty against live bullets. 

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the worst starting QB in the NFL thats why!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only because Geno's been on the bench.

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What do you mean "or Hack"? There is no Hackenberg. Not this year. He's a practice squad player taking up a regular roster spot. There's only Fitz, Geno, and Petty this year, and right now there's just Fitz and Geno.

The problem is Fitz so bad and the team is performing so poorly, Bowles may have to make a change before Petty is available. The best thing in his favor is that almost everyone is playing so poorly that few in the locker room will have a leg to stand on if bitching about Fitz behind the scenes.

So I agree there's little point. Worst thing that can happen is Geno gets into a little rhythm and now that's the excuse for keeping Petty on the bench for yet another month or more. If they had any ideas of retaining Geno past this year he'd have been on the field by now. So the only ones with a possible future are Petty and Hackenberg, and Hackenberg is unusable. That leaves only one.

Surprised so few understand this.

Would this put a charge under this team and push them to play better. That's the only reason to do it, to throw cold water in the faces of these guys or give them electric shock therapy. So I wouldn't be screaming and yelling if they make a Qb change but for that reason only. They have to try something to motivate these players. Of course they can get new players. Which is the long term solution. Personally I'd give Fitz the rest of Oct. because he hasn't been the main problem.

Haven't we yet gotten to the point where the haters realize that neither Fitz or Geno will be on the team next year?  This nonsense about wasting reps on Geno can also be said for Ryan.

You make the change so you can try to win while you're not mathematically eliminated!

If Geno loses 3 in a row then great...  Throw Petty in and hope he shows something.  At that point we're hoping for a top 5 pick anyway.

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Would this put a charge under this team and push them to play better. That's the only reason to do it, to throw cold water in the faces of these guys or give them electric shock therapy. So I wouldn't be screaming and yelling if they make a Qb change but for that reason only. They have to try something to motivate these players. Of course they can get new players. Which is the long term solution. Personally I'd give Fitz the rest of Oct. because he hasn't been the main problem.

Really? Fitz has been the most glaring problem on the Jets. Inaccurate, under performing and weak armed. Total that up its an inordinate amount of picks and you have a disaster for a QB. He got his $12MM though. 

The Jets cannot develop any of the younger QB's due to Fitz and his fat contract, no matter how bad he plays. The Jets would buy the Brooklyn Bridge

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Including the HC. If he won't put Geno in after his QB has thrown 5 picks, or even in mopup duty to run the clock out, then what the hell is he doing on the roster in the first place?

My only explanation, and after seeing the coaching decisions today I have some doubts, is that Petty is injured and they do not want to start Hack.

If Bowles had made a man's decision and made Petty #2 before the 4th PS game after out shadowing Geno all pre-season, we wouldn't be having this dilemma right now.

Bowles knows Fitz and Geno isn't the long term answer, thinks Fitz is better than Geno, and has no other choice at this point save start Hack and what is the point in that UNLESS the team is firing on all other cylinders, which it ain't.

I knew what I needed to know when they didn't put Petty on IR WRT their opinion of Geno...they're protecting Hack, and Petty is taking longer than they thought to get back from his injury IMO.

Just now, greenwave81 said:

My only explanation, and after seeing the coaching decisions today I have some doubts, is that Petty is injured and they do not want to start Hack.

If Bowles had made a man's decision and made Petty #2 before the 4th PS game after out shadowing Geno all pre-season, we wouldn't be having this dilemma right now.

Bowles knows Fitz and Geno isn't the long term answer, thinks Fitz is better than Geno, and has no other choice at this point save start Hack and what is the point in that UNLESS the team is firing on all other cylinders, which it ain't.

I knew what I needed to know when they didn't put Petty on IR WRT their opinion of Geno...they're protecting Hack, and Petty is taking longer than they thought to get back from his injury IMO.

Bowles doesn't know jack sh*t he's a moron look at how this team lacks preparation each week look at the decisions he's making with timeouts.clock management and 4th downs. 

Bowles benched Kerley and he's having a decent season so far. 

Bowles is a MORON repeat after me Bowles is a MORON 

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

I was referring to before Petty was injured. 

The rest of your post I agree with 100%. He's going to try to leave Fitz in there until Petty is back. The only thing that could make this even messier for the future is putting Geno in and having the team win 3 of the next 4 games and there's pressure to leave him in because the team is winning.

Well if you're afraid of that horrible scenario, then don't have him on the roster in the first place. 

These guys are checkers players.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

I was referring to before Petty was injured. 

The rest of your post I agree with 100%. He's going to try to leave Fitz in there until Petty is back. The only thing that could make this even messier for the future is putting Geno in and having the team win 3 of the next 4 games and there's pressure to leave him in because the team is winning.

Well if you're afraid of that horrible scenario, then don't have him on the roster in the first place. 

These guys are checkers players.

Geno Smith plays well and wins games Macc looks like a fool for signing Fitz for $12 million and maybe Woody wakes up and fires them all. 

Archived