WARNING ON PERSONAL ATTACKS

Maxman

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

My favorite is when you don't single anyone out, make a general statement, then some insecure ninny comes along self-identifies and takes offense. Then blames you for going after them.

Exactly like what will happen with this post.

Who the HELL do you think you're calling a ninny!

Max, Mods, please ban this personal attacker, I need my safe space, MY SAFE SPACE!!!!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's rather simple:  

Some people care far more about being right on the internet, of their invested entrenched opinions being the only right one, above all else.  

When they're wrong, the often vanish for a while.  When they're right, they're insufferably aggressive and rude about it, taking excessive joy (in this case) in the Jets failure because that failure means they were "right".

This often devolves into what we have now.  Hardly the first time, hardly be the last.

Personally, I have no problem being wrong, especially if it means we win football games (I'm generally a dedicated pessimist).  I predicted an 0-6 start this offseason, we're 1-5.  I predicted Fitz would give us our best chance to win, I appear to be very wrong (badly so) on that, but we won't know till we see the other options (Geno) play better.  Right now all we know is how bad Fitz has been, not if the others would be better.  I hope, beyond hope, that I'm wrong, and they are better, since it looks like we're headed in that direction.  I was also wrong about our Defense, I believed the hype, that it would be our driving force.  It's horrible top to bottom.  I was right on Forte, he's worthless here, although the reason why could be up for debate.  I don;t see being right about Forte as something to brag about, because it means we're basically without a functioning running attack, so not good.

I don't know what some people you are referring to (although I am getting a pot kettle, black picture in my mind).   For months anyone who dared say that signing Fitz would be a mistake PRIOR to his being signed, (and then watched as he went out and proved us correct,) was ridiculed and dismissed as "Geno Lovers" or "Fitz Haters" as opposed to someone who just had a different viewpoint.   I got no special satisfaction watching Fitz fail; I just get pissed because we wasted half the season on a "stop gap"  mediocre, player when we could have been developing one or two of our young quarterbacks.  Not to mention the young receivers that he couldn't get the ball to. 

We are ALL wrong about somethings and right about others.  It doesn't diminish anyone to admit when they are wrong and I have no problem doing so.   It is when folks come off as smug, superior and sanctimonious....  A little humility is a wonderful thing; just a reminder that none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes.   

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

I don't know what some people you are referring to (although I am getting a pot kettle, black picture in my mind).   For months anyone who dared say that signing Fitz would be a mistake PRIOR to his being signed, (and then watched as he went out and proved us correct,) was ridiculed and dismissed as "Geno Lovers" or "Fitz Haters" as opposed to someone who just had a different viewpoint.   I got no special satisfaction watching Fitz fail; I just get pissed because we wasted half the season on a "stop gap"  mediocre, player when we could have been developing one or two of our young quarterbacks.  Not to mention the young receivers that he couldn't get the ball to. 

We are ALL wrong about somethings and right about others.  It doesn't diminish anyone to admit when they are wrong and I have no problem doing so.   It is when folks come off as smug, superior and sanctimonious....  A little humility is a wonderful thing; just a reminder that none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes.   

There is little to be gained kicking this dead horse any further.   This recent era was very enlightening IMO.  

Fitz is (rightfully) benched, Geno is now our starting QB, and he'll play how he'll play.  

I wish him the best.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

There is little to be gained kicking this dead horse any further.   This recent era was very enlightening IMO.  

Fitz is (rightfully) benched, Geno is now our starting QB, and he'll play how he'll play.  

I wish him the best.

fair enough

On 10/18/2016 at 7:38 PM, Maxman said:

We get it, the Jets stink and you are mad. You know who else is mad, every Jets fan ever. I just bought an RV and I have to pay $125 per game to park and watch this season unfold. So yeah, none of us are happy right now.

That said, there is now a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for personal attacks. I have asked the mods to lock any thread that has fighting in it and just ban anyone who can't follow this simple rule.

This goes for threatening a player. We have had stuff written about players familys, threatening harm etc. TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR. We get it the Jets lost and you are mad. But if you cross this line, you will receive a lifetime ban.

No exceptions.

I think that this topic should be pinned to the top of the forum.

• Upvote 3

On 10/18/2016 at 7:38 PM, Maxman said:

We get it, the Jets stink and you are mad. You know who else is mad, every Jets fan ever. I just bought an RV and I have to pay $125 per game to park and watch this season unfold. So yeah, none of us are happy right now.

That said, there is now a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for personal attacks. I have asked the mods to lock any thread that has fighting in it and just ban anyone who can't follow this simple rule.

This goes for threatening a player. We have had stuff written about players familys, threatening harm etc. TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR. We get it the Jets lost and you are mad. But if you cross this line, you will receive a lifetime ban.

No exceptions.

While I agree with you Maximus, personal attacks are of no use here, there is also another issue that should be addressed.

Why in the fvcking fvck, are we Jets fans subjected to assinine posters such as Tex? Do we NOT suffer enough? Is it hunky dory for them to post complete rubbish that insults our team and even us fans? Is that ok in your book? Tex brings absolutely nothing to this site other than snide asshat comments, at the expense of the posters here on JetNation, but yet he is still here? Really? Where is Alk with his humor? Tex has nothing, IS nothing, and adds NOTHING. Taking away from the Jets fans here is the only goal he/she has. Its a pathetic cowardly existance.

The inability of this one assjuice poster to reply in a humane manner says it all. Not ONE time, has Tex EVER posted anything of value to JetNation (since 2007 when I joined anyway), its always a holier than thou retort like he/she is ABOVE us somehow? Fvck no, and fvck that. NOPE. In no way should he/she be allowed to continually denegrate the population of this site without any recourse. Tex is a textbook coward, and shouldve been banned from this site YEARS ago for acting against the mission statement of this site. (Which I havent read, or seen, but I assume says all are welcome here if they act accordingly) Showing a little bit of tact is a good thing, or maybe Im just out of touch? I want to think no, but maybe not?

We have Bengals fans, Raiders fans, Bills fans, the occasional Dolphins fans, and OTHER Rats fans here that can conduct themselves with prudence, and give the people here (mostly) mutual respect as topics are discussed. We talk amongst ourselves with them (somewhat) freely. But no, ONE poster is given carte blanche on the boards to act like a jagoff for friggin years. Why? I ask you Max, WHY? This site is the refuge of the wretched and wasted, the ones that have no freakin home, and we come here to find solace with other likewise fans, so why do you let ONE poster treat us like dogchit for the better part of 15 years?

I love you Maximus, you fvcking know I do for what you have created, but this double standard has got to end.

• Upvote 1

Seriously...I've been on the same message boards as Tx for over a decade now.  The only reason I realize he exists is because other posters point him out all the time.  Just ignore him.  He's here to get the exact response you just gave.  It's an odd existence, but it's his existence. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

While I agree with you Maximus, personal attacks are of no use here, there is also another issue that should be addressed.

Why in the fvcking fvck, are we Jets fans subjected to assinine posters such as Tex? Do we NOT suffer enough? Is it hunky dory for them to post complete rubbish that insults our team and even us fans? Is that ok in your book? Tex brings absolutely nothing to this site other than snide asshat comments, at the expense of the posters here on JetNation, but yet he is still here? Really? Where is Alk with his humor? Tex has nothing, IS nothing, and adds NOTHING. Taking away from the Jets fans here is the only goal he/she has. Its a pathetic cowardly existance.

The inability of this one assjuice poster to reply in a humane manner says it all. Not ONE time, has Tex EVER posted anything of value to JetNation (since 2007 when I joined anyway), its always a holier than thou retort like he/she is ABOVE us somehow? Fvck no, and fvck that. NOPE. In no way should he/she be allowed to continually denegrate the population of this site without any recourse. Tex is a textbook coward, and shouldve been banned from this site YEARS ago for acting against the mission statement of this site. (Which I havent read, or seen, but I assume says all are welcome here if they act accordingly) Showing a little bit of tact is a good thing, or maybe Im just out of touch? I want to think no, but maybe not?

We have Bengals fans, Raiders fans, Bills fans, the occasional Dolphins fans, and OTHER Rats fans here that can conduct themselves with prudence, and give the people here (mostly) mutual respect as topics are discussed. We talk amongst ourselves with them (somewhat) freely. But no, ONE poster is given carte blanche on the boards to act like a jagoff for friggin years. Why? I ask you Max, WHY? This site is the refuge of the wretched and wasted, the ones that have no freakin home, and we come here to find solace with other likewise fans, so why do you let ONE poster treat us like dogchit for the better part of 15 years?

I love you Maximus, you fvcking know I do for what you have created, but this double standard has got to end.

First off please stop bypassing the profanity filter.  Plus case you didn't notice Tx hasn't posted since Friday at 10 pm.  Your welcome. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

First off please stop bypassing the profanity filter.  Plus case you didn't notice Tx hasn't posted since Friday at 10 pm.  Your welcome. 

Thanks Crusher. I noticed that as well and it REALLY detracts from taking the post seriously with such a gutter fingers.

Profanity is the Vocabulary of Mediocrity. ⓒ

:D

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, GSD4ME said:

Personal attacks are the reason I left another forum I was rather well established on. I started looking around and saw this thread and knew there were some good things happening. Mature people can handle their emotions in rough times. 

Welcome to the board. 

• Upvote 1