Brian Winters Receives a 4 Year Contract Extension

Maxman

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Hawks have a franchise QB. We don't. The Hawks have a depleted roster because they eventually had to pay Wilson. 

You want to get rid of o line man and win with no QB and rebuilt o line? Sounds like a recipe for failure.

Other teams that spend less than the Jets on their line *BEFORE* re-signing Winters:

Patriots

Panthers

Packers

Colts

Cowboys

Falcons

Cardinals

Ravens

Chiefs

Bengals

Bears

Broncos

Giants

Jaguars

Titans

Saints

Rams

Lions

Chargers

Browns

49ers

Paying them doesn't mean play at that level.

19 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I swear, this team could sign Rigers and people would bitch. 

Great move, paying our young good players.   What an idea

To be honest, if we signed a guy named Rigers I probably would complain.  But this... nothing to complain about.

25 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Ouch. This year entire Seahawks offensive line did make less than 7 mil overall. Talking about total salary of 9 guys here. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/offensive-line/

That offensive line also manages to make it seem like they're trying to get Wilson killed on a weekly basis.

So they paid top level money to a guy who was about average as a right guard and ended his season getting surgery. Why not sign him last offseason much cheaper? Paying 8 million a year for a guard is a bad allocation of cap dollars and really just further shows Macc is probably in over his head. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So they paid top level money to a guy who was about average as a right guard and ended his season getting surgery. Why not sign him last offseason much cheaper? Paying 8 million a year for a guard is a bad allocation of cap dollars and really just further shows Macc is probably in over his head. 

makes no sense at all and reeks of panic.   add winters to the Fitz and Wilkerson contracts and you have a pattern of panic moves.  

12 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I remember the vile hatred for this man just a few years ago. Now we're giddy to overpay lol

Yeah, it's weird when young players get better. Some of you are incapable of letting go of the past. OMG Troy Aikman was horrible as a rookie, I don't care if he won a bunch of super bowls, we should always remember when he was bad!!!

#SOJF

Archived