Bart Scott just pulled a Richard Todd

Matt39

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They brought in Tebow because they wanted a backup QB that has the ability to do other things.

ESPN went up to Cortland and ran specials on their own. What exactly did you want the jets to do?

I'm so tired if this, its getting old. The past 2 years I would agree because we did a lot of talking about the super bowl but this year I don't get it.

Bullsh*t. They brought in Tebow because in their offseason of doing nothing to improve the actual team, Woody decided they needed to do something to sell tickets and jerseys and steal the back pages from the Super Bowl champ Giants. Rex is already tired of the Tebow crap. It's not even Week 03. ESPN went up there BECAUSE of Tebow.

Woody wanted this, and either the front office agreed or they didn't do anything to convince him this was a stupid idea.

Bullsh*t. They brought in Tebow because in their offseason of doing nothing to improve the actual team, Woody decided they needed to do something to sell tickets and jerseys and steal the back pages from the Super Bowl champ Giants. Rex is already tired of the Tebow crap. It's not even Week 03. ESPN went up there BECAUSE of Tebow.

Woody wanted this, and either the front office agreed or they didn't do anything to convince him this was a stupid idea.

Look I'll be the first to agree that the Tebow baggage is insane and I really wish he wasn't here but outside of that the Jets have been quieter this year than ever.

Since training camp ended what have the jets done to encourage attention? Nothing. In fact they're barely even playing Tebow haha

Plain and simple, no matter how obnoxious Leberfeld is, Scott needs to get lost.Cut him, trade him, put out with the garbage tomorrow, what ever. it would be a first step to show SOMEONE is going to be held accountable for failure, and to a lesser, extent rank stupidity no matter his cap number.

It's not bragging if you can back it up, but Scott hasn't really backed any of his nonsense up since the 2009 season. If Scott was half the beast he has claimed to be, he could kick Leberfeld's ass all the way to the Garden State Parkway on a daily basis.

Dude, I could kick Leberfeld's ass all the way to the Garden State Parkway on a daily basis and I'm in D.C.

Mostly any other person on earth and Scott's in the wrong. But, I totaly get this one. Leberfield is such a pompous toolbox and you can really only pull that act around jacked up alpha males for so long. Sorry bro, know your audience a little better.

True, but Scott didn't go after Leberfeld because he was afraid he'd miss.

Mostly any other person on earth and Scott's in the wrong. But, I totaly get this one. Leberfield is such a pompous toolbox and you can really only pull that act around jacked up alpha males for so long. Sorry bro, know your audience a little better.

Dude is a grandstanding slopsucker. All I know is that if I were Rex and I had to listen to that nasally, grating ass-clown say "Hey Rex, Dan Leberfield here, Jets Confidential," every single time he asks a question, I would have popped him years ago.

Bart Scott threatens writer in New York Jets’ locker room

By Kristian Dyer | Shutdown Corner – 44 minutes ago

yahoo_bartface.jpg

Apparently, Bart Scott "couldn't wait" to go off on Dan Leberfeld. (Getty Images)

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — And we thought the circus was supposed to be a fun place.

Angered by the media calling the New York Jets a circus, Bart Scott's self-imposed media boycott went to the intimidation level on Friday afternoon when he threatened a member of the media. Dan Leberfeld, the publisher of Jets Confidential and a host on Sirius XM Radio, was threatened by Scott over the Jets linebacker's picture being taken in the locker room.

Scott was talking cordially with a member of the media, conversing and not on the record, when Leberfeld snapped a photo using his cell phone. Earlier in the week, Leberfeld did the same thing with Scott "because I'm doing a story on writers attempting to negotiate with him to end his media boycott."

yahoo_bartpic.jpg

This is the picture that set Bart Scott off. (Jets Confidential)

The media boycott by Scott predates the start of the regular season.

The photographic effort by Leberfeld was noticed by Scott, who asked, "Why are you taking my picture?"

"Because I wanted to," Leberfeld answered. Scott then told Leberfeld to "Get a life."

"I said to him, 'I have a life,'" Leberfeld told Yahoo! Sports.

It was at this point when Scott then approached Leberfeld, pointed his finger at the reporter, and said, "I'll kick the [bleep] out of you."

According to Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post, Leberfeld said that he'd sue Scott if Scott hit him, to which Scott replied that he didn't care.

Members of the Jets media relations team separated Scott and Leberfeld, and the Jets linebacker was eased out of the locker room.

"Bart isn't speaking to the media because of the tabloids who called the Jets a circus," Leberfeld said. "But it was actually his friend Brandon Jacobs who started the circus talk this summer."

Jacobs, a former New York Giants running back now with the San Francisco 49ers, and Scott both went to Southern Illinois University and keep a close relationship. Originally it was Jacobs who called the Jets a "circus" in August during an interview.

It isn't the first time Scott has taken issue with his photograph being taken in the locker room. Last year as the Jets were cleaning out their lockers the day after their season-ending Week 17 loss in Miami, Scott gave the finger to photographers as he exited the locker room, receiving a $10,000 fine from the NFL.

Kristian R. Dyer can be followed at @KristianRDyer

16mlf0s0irx847l7azruu8s_normal.jpegBart Hubbuch@HubbuchNYP

Bart Scott just had to be separated from reporter Dan Leberfeld in the locker room. Bizarre scene.

13mlf0s0irx847l7azruu8s_normal.jpegBart Hubbuch@HubbuchNYP

Jets PR guy Bruce Speight stepped in front of Scott. Only thing that seemed to prevent fisticuffs.

lf0s0irx847l7azruu8s_normal.jpeg
Bart Hubbuch
@
HubbuchNYP

Incident triggered by Leberfeld taking a phone pic of Scott, who responded by telling him to “get a life.” Threats & puffed chests ensued.

lf0s0irx847l7azruu8s_normal.jpeg
Bart Hubbuch
@
HubbuchNYP

Scott threatened to punch Leberfeld, who said, “Yeah, and I’ll sue you!” Scott responded: “I don’t care!”

Leberfeld's such a little bitch. I would have LOVED to see Scott knock him out. It would have only taken one punch I'm sure.

Archived