Dorial Green Beckham declares for draft

19andOhWait

what a bunch of pussies. You call yourselves Jets fans?  So what if he's like Gordon. Give me 1000x Gordons. Talent dripping out of  his d*ckhole, and you guys are like "meh, I think i'll draft that toledo kid. He's such a nice guy"... fck. Hire someone like Jones did to watch Dez. Whatever. Figure it out. Guy has Calvin Johnson genes. You figure that sh*t. not the other way around. 

I knew this beast had off field issues, but never knew what they were. Can someone please fill me in

Couple of marijuana charges and a domestic issue where he forced his way into an apartment and pushed a young woman down a few stairs.

Interviews will be huge. This kind of stuff can go either way and pops up a lot with WR's - Dez and Randy Moss both slipped pretty much entirely due to off field issues. Gordon to a lesser extent, he was a unique case in the supplemental draft. Even a guy like Da'Rick Rodgers recently went undrafted due to off field issues and he's done nothing. Blackmon's alcoholism popped up after the draft I think and is kind of an entirely different issue than the others - less immaturity and more him just needing help.

If he's sitting there in the second, I'm 100% down to take a shot unless he interviews terribly. His issues are worse than Bryant's were IMO, so it's definitely possible he falls farther.

what a bunch of pussies. You call yourselves Jets fans?  So what if he's like Gordon. Give me 1000x Gordons. Talent dripping out of  his d*ckhole, and you guys are like "meh, I think i'll draft that toledo kid. He's such a nice guy"... fck. Hire someone like Jones did to watch Dez. Whatever. Figure it out. Guy has Calvin Johnson genes. You figure that sh*t. not the other way around. 

I am not opposed to taking him, but in 2  years when he gets suspended before a playoff game we are going to wish we had taken that nice kid from Toledo. 

I am not opposed to taking him, but in 2  years when he gets suspended before a playoff game we are going to wish we had taken that nice kid from Toledo. 

No, YOU'RE going to wish we took that kid from Toledo. I'm going to call DGB, and say - thanks for getting us INTO the playoffs. 

what a bunch of pussies. You call yourselves Jets fans? So what if he's like Gordon. Give me 1000x Gordons. Talent dripping out of his d*ckhole, and you guys are like "meh, I think i'll draft that toledo kid. He's such a nice guy"... fck. Hire someone like Jones did to watch Dez. Whatever. Figure it out. Guy has Calvin Johnson genes. You figure that sh*t. not the other way around.

I don't know if I've ever seen you post before, but I f*cking love you.

Oklahoma_logo.gif Dorial Green-Beckham*, WR, Oklahoma 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 220. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.55. 
Projected Round (2015): 1-3. 

12/20/14: The NCAA ruled that Green-Beckham was ineligible to play in 2014. In a few months, he will have to decide whether to return to Oklahoma or jump to the NFL. His odds of being a high first-round pick are better if he were to play at Oklahoma in 2015 and avoid any off-the-field issues between now and the 2016 NFL Draft. However, sources say that Green-Beckham is leaning toward entering the 2015 NFL Draft. 

8/27/14: Green-Beckham would be in the top three on this list if it weren't for off-the-field issues. He landed at Oklahoma and the school has petitioned the NCAA to let Green-Beckham play this season. At this time, a decision by the NCAA has not been made. 

Green-Beckham was one of the top recruits in the nation and has often been compared to Cincinnati Bengals stud receiver A.J. Green. Playing for Missouri, Green-Beckham had 28 receptions for 395 yards and five touchdowns in 2012. It looked like he was just scratching the surface of his talent. Green-Beckham has the physical skills to be a high first-round pick. 

In 2013, Green-Beckham totaled 59 receptions for 883 yards with 12 touchdowns. He finished the regular season strongly with impressive performances against Texas A&M (7-93-1) and Auburn (6-144-2) in the SEC Championship Game. 

Green-Beckham has an immense skill set with upside to develop, but he may have killed his shot at being a high first-round pick by getting kicked off the Missouri team. 

Personal: Son of John and Tracy Beckham. 

As a Mizzou season ticket holder and having watched every home game over two seasons that DGB played here, I got to say that DGB has all the talent in the world...but he is still VERY raw and will need a lot of work.  Those expecting him to just waltz in to the NFL and dominate are going to be disappointed.

The kid has basically 1 1/2 yrs of college ball game experience...that is all.  He was progressing nicely and ready to break out until his personal issues forced Mizzou to dump him.

He needs a lot of work on his route running that's for sure, and he can be jammed on the line.   Basically, he just needs some refinement...but that's harder to do in the NFL than to learn it in college...he'd likely be a top-5 pick if he had just kept his nose clean and finished out this season at Mizzou.

He's got physical talent in spades, just not sure about his attitude and mental capacity...I hope he figures it out.

Reminds me of Plaxico Burress on the field.

What are his off the field issues? Does he come off as malicious, an idiot, or a malicious idiot? Plaxico never came off as an ill-willed guy or anything, not that I remember much.

A couple of marijuana incidents and supposedly pushed an ex-girlfriend down some stairs...that's all we heard about, but the rumors here in MO went deeper.  Gary Pinkel the coach at Mizzou doesn't tolerate crap at all like some other schools.

Reminds me of Plaxico Burress on the field.

What are his off the field issues? Does he come off as malicious, an idiot, or a malicious idiot? Plaxico never came off as an ill-willed guy or anything, not that I remember much.

He broke into his girlfriend's apartment and shoved her roommate down the stairs. But who of us hasn't done that at least once? 

A couple of marijuana incidents and supposedly pushed an ex-girlfriend down some stairs...that's all we heard about, but the rumors here in MO went deeper.  Gary Pinkel the coach at Mizzou doesn't tolerate crap at all like some other schools.

Yeah, Mizzou's a good program so I would flag a player kicked off the team, but really just haven't followed anything too close.

I like Cooper's style a little more anyway, before the off-field stuff.

As a Mizzou season ticket holder and having watched every home game over two seasons that DGB played here, I got to say that DGB has all the talent in the world...but he is still VERY raw and will need a lot of work.  Those expecting him to just waltz in to the NFL and dominate are going to be disappointed.

The kid has basically 1 1/2 yrs of college ball game experience...that is all.  He was progressing nicely and ready to break out until his personal issues forced Mizzou to dump him.

He needs a lot of work on his route running that's for sure, and he can be jammed on the line.   Basically, he just needs some refinement...but that's harder to do in the NFL than to learn it in college...he'd likely be a top-5 pick if he had just kept his nose clean and finished out this season at Mizzou.

He's got physical talent in spades, just not sure about his attitude and mental capacity...I hope he figures it out.

Stephen Hill Jr?

Archived