Let's make a push for Peyton Manning

predator_05

His return to the Broncos looks somewhat unlikely. It's a cap friendly deal, they can easily afford to release him. This is where the Jets need to come in and make an offer. We need a good QB, and re-uniting him with Eric Decker could kick-start our offense. He can also serve as a mentor for Geno.

Some of you people are ridiculous.

I will start off by saying that there is zero chance Manning is coming here. Zero.

With that said, anyone who says they would not take him for one year(if the goal was to have the best possible season the Jets can have) is either a fool or a liar. He may not be the Manning of old, but he's still better than a significant portion of NFL Qbs and is unquestionably better than anything the Jets have.

My guess is he retires

He has unfinished business and the decision to return doesn't lie with him.

We need to sell him the dream of winning a Superbowl for the Jets. We got da weaponz, we can build a defense with Todd Bowles as coach. Woody needs to drive an armored truck full of money up to his mansion and get this thing done

He's not coming here, but those who say they don't want him are nuts. If he's released he's instantly the best qb out there...free agent or draft.

Then surely Buffalo would overpay to get him, wouldn't they?

After all, that's all they need to win a Title I'm told.

Peyton is not coming to the NYJ. The dude was throwing up ducks...that being said he is way better than any of the free agent QBs out there now. Peyton should just retire...those ducks were painful.

LL

Agree.....he reminds me of a late career Pennington at this point from a skillset standpoint.  Fantastic, HOF career......hoping he hangs it up.

Is this another Brett Favre thing? Like a stopgap solution, 1-2yr thing of spending loads of money on a QB who won't get it done?

We have the luxury of drafting really high (again) for once. Let's not "waste" that pick, go get the franchise QB or trade down and build the team up with multiple day 1 picks. In either case I'm not interested in Peyton.

His return to the Broncos looks somewhat unlikely. It's a cap friendly deal, they can easily afford to release him. This is where the Jets need to come in and make an offer. We need a good QB, and re-uniting him with Eric Decker could kick-start our offense. He can also serve as a mentor for Geno.

your about 5 years too late. Manning is finished and he's not been good in the playoffs his entire career other than one year . Great defenses eat him up. Its Time for Happy Feet to retire

Arm is shot.  He has been losing velocity the past few years and outsmarting everyone.  Now he has no reserves, arm-wise.  Those deep balls he threw yesterday were laughable.  The one thing you do expect from Peyton is crackerjack timing.  Was not there.

the Jets have as much of a chance of convincing Joe Namath to come out of retirement fo play quarterback again as they do of ever signing a Manning

Depends on whether he still wants to get paid for another couple more seasons. You can say "he already made da money" however Peyton is an entrepreneur with investments in hospitals, restaurants and he even wants to buy a nfl franchise someday. It takes money to make money.

Archived