Jets will make the Playoffs in 2015

bman

Frikkin Book It!... They are a legit Coaching staff and GM away. That's it. Rex sucked. Let's move on.

Cromartie will be a stop gap CB. They will trade a 4th rd pick for Mike Glennon. Glennon and Geno will compete for the QB Job. They will draft Cooper at 6 (only if they don't sign a # 1WR). If not, they will draught a pass rushing OLB). They have $40,000,000  to spend! It's not that hard for the Jets to be 10-6.

Rex and Idzik were terrible.

Frikkin Book It!... They are a legit Coaching staff and GM away. That's it. Rex sucked. Let's move on.

Cromartie will be a stop gap CB. They will trade a 4th rd pick for Mike Glennon. Glennon and Geno will compete for the QB Job. They will draft Cooper at 6 (only if they don't sign a # 1WR). If not, they will draught a pass rushing OLB). They have $40,000,000  to spend! It's not that hard for the Jets to be 10-6.

And Joe Walton was the best Jets coach since 1970. I heard it right here on JN.

I wouldnt be the one to say pump your brakes with this statement. I do believe that the Jets can make the playoffs just based on the fact that I believe that Bowles is a legit coach and Gailey is a legit OC. However, I have no friggen Idea if Maccagnan is a legit GM. Don't get me wrong, I like the hire. He has some qualities, but Maccagnan basically will have to prove it come May during the draft before I say that he's legit. The Bowles hire is an A+ imo. 

your right. Our new coach is a first time HC from the defensive side of the ball. We haven't had one of those is a while.

I'm sure we'll make the play offs, it will only go with the trend. We will over rate Bowles and call him some silly nick name. Only to turn on him and call him the worst coach in the league in 4 years.

No no no. This time its different. I can feel it.

OK. I'm glad you put your money your mouth is. The Jets will make the Playoffs in 2015. If they had a Stop Gap QB and real CB's they would have this year.

With $40 million to spend it's not hard to find that.

10-6 playoffs in 2015.

Stranger things have happened.  We have no idea how good our new GM/HC combo are, but they certainly have a lot of resources available to them.  Top 10 draft pick, lot's of cap space, front office & coaching staff with some nice connections....it all depends on nailing this draft, finding something positive at QB, and Bowles being as good as advertised.

Let's say these are some of our additions/changes this year.  Like our chances?  I do.

QB:  Matt Moore, Ryan Fitzpatrick OR Jake Locker  + Midround pick

RB:  CJ Spiller 

OL:  At least one early pick....Sign Iupati?  perhaps Dozier earns a starting spot?

DE/OLB:  Pass rusher with early pick

ILB:  Add at least one athletic ILB in the draft

CB:  Antonio Cromartie + midround pick,.....McDougle stays healthy?

S:  Antrel Rolle OR Nate Allen?

Stranger things have happened.  We have no idea how good our new GM/HC combo are, but they certainly have a lot of resources available to them.  Top 10 draft pick, lot's of cap space, front office & coaching staff with some nice connections....it all depends on nailing this draft, finding something positive at QB, and Bowles being as good as advertised.

Let's say these are some of our additions/changes this year.  Like our chances?  I do.

QB:  Matt Moore, Ryan Fitzpatrick OR Jake Locker  + Midround pick

RB:  CJ Spiller 

OL:  At least one early pick....Sign Iupati?  perhaps Dozier earns a starting spot?

DE/OLB:  Pass rusher with early pick

ILB:  Add at least one athletic ILB in the draft

CB:  Antonio Cromartie + midround pick,.....McDougle stays healthy?

S:  Antrel Rolle OR Nate Allen?

This is going to be another banner year for wide receivers.  We need to make sure we get one this time around.  We need to get one of these guys....Cooper, Parker, Funchess, Strong, White, Williams. Coates, Green Beckham etc.... 

Right now it doesn't look like Cooper will be there at 6.  Maybe he will trip at the Combine and slip on draft day!

I wouldn't say they'll definitely make the playoffs but I think they'll definitely compete for one if Maccagnan shows the ability to sign free agents

That could be a problem, in Idzik's desk they found the GM manual and that section was blank.

First year HC magic

Woody has hired 4 HCs since owner of the Jets before Bowles, all 4 had a winning record their first season (Groh, Herm, Mangini and Rex), and all but Groh made the playoffs their first season as well.

So it isn't far fetched to think it could happen again. QB play has to be better than last season though for this to happen, obviously.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The roster had fallen into disrepair before Idzik got a hold of it. They're more than just a QB and a couple CBs away. The LBs need an overhaul, the OL needs upgrading, safety continues to be a concern, they're thin at TE and have no #1 type WR...

Right now they don't have a 4th round pick, unless they cut Harvin - then they won't have a sixth. Not that I'm sure anyone is trading the Jets a starting QB for a fourth round pick, anyway. And obviously, QB is the big problem. 

Having a lot of cap space and a high pick is nice, it'll be very interesting to see what Maccagnan and Bowles choose to do with it. They're certainly in position to overhaul the roster. This team has a history of getting a new coach bump (last three head coaches all made the playoffs in their first year). It's possible. Team needs work, though. 

I agree they have a legit coaching staff and GM. However, they are taking over a 4-12 team.  Lets give them a chance to establish their plan.

Hey Rex! No SB guarantees?

I'd put it at 5%. Because reasons.

That's generous.  I'll give you 2%, tops...but that would be mean BB and Brady retire, Tannehill goes on IR and the Bills dont have the best D in Football next season...which are not happening but maybe.  So 2% is all you get.

I liked Rex but him being gone wins us at least 4-5 additional games.

Oh really? Its like magic! 

That's generous.  I'll give you 2%, tops...but that would be mean BB and Brady retire, Tannehill goes on IR and the Bills dont have the best D in Football next season...which are not happening but maybe.  So 2% is all you get.

Oh really? Its like magic! 

Yes we lost many games because of his inability to adjust or change a game plan along with poor clock management and decision making. 

The Jets are by far, the worst team in the division.  The roster is terrible and they dont have a QB.

There is a 0% chance the Jets make the playoffs next season. 

You have to see how the roster is after camp to say definity NO.. It's happened with the Fins in 08 once they got Chaddy cakes..

Archived