Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are PLENTY of quality players out there who aren't "big names". The whiners out there should do a little research

do you think you can refrain from comments like this? they are not needed here. last years free agency period, this place was miserable and unreadable due to the fire these comments made.

Here's another CB who "nobody knows" that we may look at, Shareece Wright:

http://www.nfl.com/player/shareecewright/2495251/profile

I've said it before real football IS NOT "fantasy football", just because a player

doesn't have a "big name" doesn't mean he stinks

But...Just because you pay a lot for a players doesn't always mean you're overpaying.  Sometimes big names are big names for a reason.

This seems like a fun game:

San Fran surprise coming Monday (unrelated to the Colin Kaepernick trade rumors) http://wp.me/p14QSB-9IW0 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/09/san-fran-surprise-coming-monday/

San Fran surprise coming Monday
Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2015, 9:13 AM EDT
49ers.jpg?w=250Getty Images

At a time when the 49ers are trying to shoot down rumors regarding a possible trade of quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the 49ers soon will have another significant issue to deal with.

Some very surprising news related to the 49ers is coming, likely later today, regarding a key player on the team who won’t be on the team in 2015.  A formal announcement is expected on Tuesday.

That’s all we can say for now.  But when it happens, you’ll be shocked — even though you’re now duly braced to be shocked.

Meanwhile, feel free to make a guess in the comments.  Winner gets a free one-year subscription to PFT.

What does this mean?

if it's not Kaep, who is it?  So there's a reporter that has a story but isn't reporting, just reporting that the knows something?

Strange...

What does this mean?

if it's not Kaep, who is it?  So there's a reporter that has a story but isn't reporting, just reporting that the knows something?

Strange...

I'm wondering if Aldon Smith is going to be suspended, or something along those lines. 

I'm glad all my favorite FA targets are still out there.

QB: Matt Moore / Brian Hoyer

RB: Bilal Powell

TE: Lee Smith

RG: Mike Iupati / Justin Blalock

DE/LB:  Jason Worilds / Brian Orakpo Jabaal Sheard / Brooks Reed / Sam Acho

NT: Damon Harrison & Kenrick Ellis

DE/DT: Kendall Langford / Chris Canty

CB: Buster Skrine & Cary Williams

FS: Ron Parker / Rahim Moore

Fixed..... :winking0001:

Yeah, I think I read that too. Them and the Saints were two teams that are over the cap - but need to spend near the limit this season.

So most likely their issue in re-signing Revis isn't even the money per season. It's that they can't as easily spread it out over a (realistic) 5+ year deal with him like with other/younger players. Revis is a 2-3 year deal player maximum.

Even if they could figure a way to make it fit in 3 years instead of 5, that isn't the only problem with a deal paying him much less than his year 1 cap hit. It's just the other shoe that has to drop. He's demonstrated that he's not the type one gives a balloon signing bonus to, and then trusts him to not hold out (or even retire at this stage) rather than stick around and play out future lower base-salary season(s).

Even though everyone knows that part of his future base salary was paid in advance in the form of signing bonus, Revis is one of those that likes to pretend otherwise, as though a team would have ever paid him $30M (or whatever it would end up being) in year one just for year one.

It makes it hard to do a deal like this with him compared to others. Naturally, we're not in this predicament because we have nothing but cap space now.

I hope so...as desperate as this team is for a QB, I want no part of Hoyer.

Maybe if we can't find anyone else, we can start Hoyer for a while (he actually started out the season fine). Then we can bench him on December 1 since that final 4 games is when Geno isn't quite so awful, and that's also when Hoyer melts down to much more traditional Geno-like play. We could actually finish the season with a team passer rating between 85-90!

:rl:

Are you REALLY serious?  Free agency HAS NOT STARTED YET!!!!!!!!

Tell that to Suh, Maxwell, and the other players who have agreed to contracts. The date and time players are allowed to sign on the dotted line is semantical at this point.

Tell that to Suh, Maxwell, and the other players who have agreed to contracts. The date and time players are allowed to sign on the dotted line is semantical at this point.

Do you want the Jets to sign any wither one of them?  U keep harping on this point but again, these two were the best available at their positions and teams went after them hard.  Doesn't mean we didn't, it just means other teams were willing to throw way more cash than everyone else....a lot more cash.

This window we are allowed to speak to agents is to gauge where everyone is at.  No one is agreeing right now unless you are dooling out the cash that just happened yesterday.  Relax, we will get some guys soon enough and then we can cry and fight who we got and who we didn't.. 

Do you want the Jets to sign any wither one of them?  U keep harping on this point but again, these two were the best available at their positions and teams went after them hard.  Doesn't mean we didn't, it just means other teams were willing to throw way more cash than everyone else....a lot more cash.

This window we are allowed to speak to agents is to gauge where everyone is at.  No one is agreeing right now unless you are dooling out the cash that just happened yesterday.  Relax, we will get some guys soon enough and then we can cry and fight who we got and who we didn't..

the specific players aren't my point, my point is free agency is well under way these players signing and others coming to terms with teams make that clear.

but yeah, I would of liked Maxwell, and I don't think $25 million guaranteed will be absurd in today's market. Football contracts are only going to get bigger and bigger, and we literally have to spend money this off-season.

Archived