Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does everyone think. Any chance Woody is worried about furtherance of tampering charges, and word at Jets camp is radio silence on any completed deals. Word on Cro is totally silent (I think he is coming back). You know he is going to be extra careful in any dealing with Revis for fear of NE pushing the case. If Revis deal goes down I say they will wait a day or so to prove they didn't tamper

Or am I just naive in the day of social media and just trying to make myself feel better about no announcements

Or maybe we could draft and develop our own players. #saywhaaaaaaa

Honestly, this is exactly where I am hoping that Mac and Bowles are more together than the previous regimes.  Anyone can throw money at a guy who has been producing which is FA in it's entirety. It does not prove someone a good GM if they can scrape up the most cash. It's part of it of course but not the real test.

With having actual scouts and talent evaluators in the building we "should" be able to build a healthier franchise by developing our picks and young talent like you mentioned. FA does not define Mac or any GM for that matter. Trader Mike running out and finding 114 mil for Suh proves nothing other than he has cash. Snyder has been doing that sh*t for years and how great have the skins been?

Steelers, Packers, Pats, Ravens do it that way.

I'm with you and think that is the real reason Mac and Bowles are here.

NOW SIGN REVIS AND GIVE HIM $60 mil GUARANTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!   :Banane43: :Banane43: :Banane43:

What does everyone think. Any chance Woody is worried about furtherance of tampering charges, and word at Jets camp is radio silence on any completed deals. Word on Cro is totally silent (I think he is coming back). You know he is going to be extra careful in any dealing with Revis for fear of NE pushing the case. If Revis deal goes down I say they will wait a day or so to prove they didn't tamper

Or am I just naive in the day of social media and just trying to make myself feel better about no announcements

New England sports radio has been floating the theory that the Pats are setting the Jets up in some way. 

My thinking is gloobaglabbaderpderpderp.

Honestly, this is exactly where I am hoping that Mac and Bowles are more together than the previous regimes.  Anyone can throw money at a guy who has been producing which is FA in it's entirety. It does not prove someone a good GM if they can scrape up the most cash. It's part of it of course but not the real test.

With having actual scouts and talent evaluators in the building we "should" be able to build a healthier franchise by developing our picks and young talent like you mentioned. FA does not define Mac or any GM for that matter. Trader Mike running out and finding 114 mil for Suh proves nothing other than he has cash. Snyder has been doing that sh*t for years and how great have the skins been?

Steelers, Packers, Pats, Ravens do it that way.

I'm with you and think that is the real reason Mac and Bowles are here.

NOW SIGN REVIS AND GIVE HIM $60 mil GUARANTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!   :Banane43: :Banane43: :Banane43:

My hope is that they pay players to come here who conceivably haven't hit their ceilings yet. It's important to add some key proven pieces, but equally important to get players who can continue to be developed, who will be viewed as bargains in a couple of years.

New England sports radio has been floating the theory that the Pats are setting the Jets up in some way. 

My thinking is gloobaglabbaderpderpderp.

New England sports radio, the biggest bunch of homer shock jock clowns on radio.

My hope is that they pay players to come here who conceivably haven't hit their ceilings yet. It's important to add some key proven pieces, but equally important to get players who can continue to be developed, who will be viewed as bargains in a couple of years.

Exactly. Key proven pieces. That's all well and good and we will see how they do their first FA period. Even if we make minimal impact through FA and have solid drafts, this team will be in good shape for the long run. Or at least better shape than in many of our past seasons. How many big name players have seen the steelers or Ravens sign over the years. Not as many as the Raiders and Jets I can sure tell ya that.

Unbelievable. People are actually comparing this to last year, ignoring the fact that the Jets HAVE TO SPEND THE MONEY THIS YEAR.

Aren't you contradicting yourself? You hate seeing people getting slightly paranoid as all these big time free agents are verbally agreeing to deals, yet you do not want some of us to get impatient over money that has to be spent THIS YEAR?

Archived