Welcome Bryce Petty!!

JetBlue

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured you would like it Jgb ;-).

yeah i don't know anything about scouting but taking a chance in the 4th on a guy many think is the 3rd best qb in the draft is a good risk/reward

GREAT value pick here.  I think that Petty is going to be the starting QB for the Jets within the next few years. I think this also tells us how the new regime feels about Geno. 

The good thing is if Geno does improve we would have two young qbs and could always trade one. 

This tells me Fitzpatrick will be the starting QB this year. If they thought Geno was developing, you don't make this pick.  Just my opinion.

Most ridiculous post I've read all off-season teams choose young QBs all the time regardless of the situation Simms is obviously not the answer here. 

This is a very good developmental pick.  Petty has great size, arm strength, and good athleticism.  He has a very nice deep ball as well.

Let him sit for a year or two.  At this point, he's a one read quarterback, but with time to grow, the Jets may have something here.

Bowles said in one of his press conferences we would get a 4th QB, well here he is.

I like what I saw of him at Baylor and he fits the spread type of offense Gailey will

be implementing.  The best thing about the pick is we will sit him for at least a year

and allow him to learn how to be an NFL QB.  Something that was totally lost on

our former coach

This is a very good developmental pick.  Petty has great size, arm strength, and good athleticism.  He has a very nice deep ball as well.

Let him sit for a year or two.  At this point, he's a one read quarterback, but with time to grow, the Jets may have something here.

Agree 

One thing I do like about Petty that jumps out at me on tape: He likes to get rid of the ball quickly.  Often times so quickly, his receivers weren't quick enough to  react and make the catch.

This instantly makes him a better NFL QB than Geno Smith.

A decent backup would be world's better than our QB play the last half decade, so maybe we're onto something here. 

Jackson seemed like the obvious pick there. I like Clemmings too but man that would have been such a great pick. Him and Dozier as developmental guys going forward and we'd have been set.

Archived