Dante Fowler knee injury (not good for Jax)

Blackout

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel so bad for him.  That truly sucks.  Had the same feeling about dex mcdougle last year too.  Nothing worse then being sidelined for the beginning of your career.  Not being able to prove yourself to the organization that chose you and possibly being marked with the "injury bug" for the rest of his career.

Different league but years ago in the CFL my team drafted a very highly regarded ILB in the 1st round and he destroyed his knee in the 1st practice of the 1st partial scrimmage much like this situation.  He never played again.  Good thing knee repair has come a long way but something like this can be devastating.

do jags panic for pass pressure and call Jets about Mo? other than draft picks is there ANYONE on roster we would crave? Do they have a AllPro Off Linerman??

If they give the Jets two first rounders they should do it. Jax may be picking in top 3 next year and would line up the Jets with Cook, etc....

Poor basterds those Jacksonville fans. Next time you complain about being a Jets fan, just think what it must be like to root for the Jaguars, Browns, Titans, Raiders, etc. No comparison.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Jax will be bad, but not that bad. They have a top-three overall pick at QB and talented playmakers on offense. They'll win at least 3-4 games. Top five pick, but likely not #1.

Only thing is I do not think BB is a legit number 3.  You are probably right about the wins, tho.

@AdamSchefter: Before suffering season-ending torn ACL, Dante Fowler signed an injury protection waiver that obligates Jaguars to negotiate in good faith.

@adbrandt: Typically rookies sign injury protection forms for participation that bind club to pay slotted contract...

@adbrandt: Re Fowler, had injury protection from for slotted 3rd pick contract, estimated at 4 years, fully guaranteed $23.5M, including $15.34M bonus.

Sh*tty, the kid really seemed to be genuinely excited to be playing for Jacksonville, that just doesn't happen.  He'll be 100% for camp next year, but that's just a dick punch.  Speaking of, I wonder how Clowney will look coming off of microfracture surgery this year. 

reminds me of gut punch we took when Vinny went down Game 1 in year we would have won it all

or how about Chad Pennington in his first pre-season game getting his shoulder crunched by the dirty basards from Oakland.

Imagination is a beautiful thing. One Problem skippy the Raiders never played a preseason game against the Jets.

He did break his wrist in a pre season game against the Giants in 2003.. He just had the team and injury wrong..LOL

He did break his wrist in a pre season game against the Giants in 2003.. He just had the team and injury wrong..LOL

I think he's talking about the playoff game where Raiders teed off on Chad Pennington. HIs arm was never the same, way before the 2003 season.

Just damn. Hate to see this kind of thing.

And yes, I'd talk to them about Mo. Any deal involving their #1 next year would be a good deal for the Jets. And really, a good deal for the Jags, too. Costs them nothing this year to get a pro bowl caliber DE.

I think he's talking about the playoff game where Raiders teed off on Chad Pennington. HIs arm was never the same, way before the 2003 season.

He wasn't hurt in the Raider game he just sucked against a good defense. The first time he tore his rotator cuff was against the Bills in 2004..  

Just damn. Hate to see this kind of thing.

And yes, I'd talk to them about Mo. Any deal involving their #1 next year would be a good deal for the Jets. And really, a good deal for the Jags, too. Costs them nothing this year to get a pro bowl caliber DE.

I don't know if Muhammad Wilkerson fits the type of DE they are looking for at the Leo position( Think Seattle defense). The other positions on the defense line he be a nice fit. Couples might be a better fit for that Leo position.

Archived