Sheldon is an idiot; facing charges of resisting arrest, drag racing

Morrissey

Well maybe we are going a little bit overboard here?  Let's hear his side of the  story.

"Well as I was driving down the highway sharing a doobie with my nephew I came across these cracker dudes in a corvette. We signaled that the race was on, but before we started I had my good buddy Mike Goodson sitting in the front seat take out my handgun so I could blow their heads off just in case I lost. I didn't know the cops were chasing me I swear - my lights were out because I was reenacting the scene from the ' World According to Garp' for my nephew..."

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any idea what type of suspension he's looking at?

The Jets should get ahead of this- contact the NFL office levy a fine and further suspension. Help this guy ( he returns to football only after demonstrating that his treatment has been successful and his commitment to himself and team is there) - this will send a strong message to the team.

**** me. The DL could of been one of the best units in Jets history.

Does his contract go against the cap and total roster number?

I'm with you on this , I wasn't one of the trade Mo guys , I wanted all these guys on the field together. It would be a dominant , game changing unit..a real shame.

bowles/maccganan opportunity to make a statement here

suspend him indefinitley

you can't trade him when his value is at an all time low, you can't cut him, but he has to get the message loud and ******* clear

from jasons page;

Currently Richardson has two yers remaining on his contract and the Jets can pick up an injury guaranteed option year on him for 2017 after the season. However, if Richardson is suspended for a longer period of time following this arrest he risks his status as an unrestricted free agent in 2017. You need 6 weeks on an active roster for at least four seasons to qualify  for veteran free agency. If he does not get it this year he will be a RFA in 2017 and the Jets will have no reason to pick up the option. That would cost Richardson around $8 million in salary in 2017. So this could be a massive financial loss for him.

The Jets should get ahead of this- contact the NFL office levy a fine and further suspension. Help this guy ( he returns to football only after demonstrating that his treatment has been successful and his commitment to himself and team is there) - this will send a strong message to the team.

Releasing this idiot would send a much better message.

I have 2 kids. I couldn't fathom doing any one of those things with my kids in the car, much less all at once. I would love the Jets statement to be we're paying Mo and cutting Sheldon. Maybe that move would reverse all the bad karma on this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if it was a violent crime, I agree 100%.  the endangering is really bad, but he didn't throw anyone down a flight of stairs.  give him one last chance.

knee jerk, anyone? geeze.this board is out of control at times. young people do dumb stuff. some,obviously, mature faster than others. Sheldon seems to be somewhat immature. lets see

1. told a jet fan to mind his business on social media

we all talk sh*t to jets fans on social media

2. he is young and likes his money

when I was young, I liked my money too.hell, I still do

3.smoked some weed.

we all smoked weed at one time or another

4. called a cop a "pig"

guilty of the same thing when I was younger

5. racing

again, we have all done it to some extent

6. weed smell coming from the car

heresay

7. loaded gun under the seat.

most likely legal. besides, who carrys an unloaded gun under the seat?

8. clocked at 142mph and tried to ditch the cop

hell, if I was clocked at 142, I would consider doing the same

9. 12 yo in the car

this is where I have a big problem with Sheldon.like I said, young people do dumb things

hopefully Sheldon finally wakes up out of desperation. but honestly, except for the 12 yo kid, I can think of a million other things that are worse, that other nfl players have done

Richardson is still my favorite player on the jets. I will not throw him to the curb because he is young and has done some dumb sh*t.

It's like an every day thang, to be doing 143, with a loaded pistol, smoking blunts w/ a 12 year old and then evading the police.

I have to disagree. Yes he is what he is but this guy needs help. Cutting him without the necessary support will doom him. I realize there is no guaranteed success in helping him but he still is part of the team. Also I am sure and hope Jet players are reaching out to him.

knee jerk, anyone? geeze.this board is out of control at times. young people do dumb stuff. some,obviously, mature faster than others. Sheldon seems to be somewhat immature. lets see

1. told a jet fan to mind his business on social media

we all talk sh*t to jets fans on social media

2. he is young and likes his money

when I was young, I liked my money too.hell, I still do

3.smoked some weed.

we all smoked weed at one time or another

4. called a cop a "pig"

guilty of the same thing when I was younger

5. racing

again, we have all done it to some extent

6. weed smell coming from the car

heresay

7. loaded gun under the seat.

most likely legal. besides, who carrys an unloaded gun under the seat?

8. clocked at 142mph and tried to ditch the cop

hell, if I was clocked at 142, I would consider doing the same

9. 12 yo in the car

this is where I have a big problem with Sheldon.like I said, young people do dumb things

hopefully Sheldon finally wakes up out of desperation. but honestly, except for the 12 yo kid, I can think of a million other things that are worse, that other nfl players have done

Richardson is still my favorite player on the jets. I will not throw him to the curb because he is young and has done some dumb sh*t.

Wait, lol you're serious!?!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cutting sheldumb is a $6 million cap hit in dead money, doesn't help them sign mo, actually hurts since his cap number is only 2.7 million this year

Larz.....agreed, from a financial standpoint, wouldn't be the optimal way to go. But sometimes you have to forget $ and do what is right. This guy needs to go. Like yesterday.

I have never been more dissapointed in a player than I am in Sheldon. Thank god we drafted Leonard Williams.

Another leadership regime would have picked a WR, not appreciating that the best player in the draft literally fell in their lap...

I like our new brain trust!!!!!

Like Josh Gordon netted the Browns something. No one trading for Sheldon Richardson , as the Jets only hope is that he can grow up, and give up his love of weed. Very doubtful he strong enough minded enough to quit . He couldn't stop doing pot when he knew when he was going to be tested the first time.( now when the NFL can test him at anytime , what's the chances he isn't going to be caught again) look no further after being suspended for four games after failing numerous drug test, he still didn't learn anything.( back with his buddy Puff the Magic dragon)

Jmo it looks like Sheldon Richardson going to be another Josh Gordon. a talented player who threw away a promising NFL career. These guys never learn as they think they can beat the system.

He may have been caught twice, you dont know what he can or cant give up.  He was tested randomly, no one knows when theyre being tested, nothings changed.  

He would be signed in a second if released.  He's too talented not to be.  For all hes done, that we know of, hes messed up but didnt beat his girlfriend to a pulp and smash her into a bathtub.  Hardy did, was on a 10 game suspension and still got a contract from the Cowboys as soon as he was released

Worst part is he was at Florham park two hours before new broke apologizing for weed saying you won't see him in news again.  he thought he could hide this. he's got to go it's over.

Sheldon needs some Ray Donovan in his life.

So true. Whenever things appear to be looking up for this team, something comes along to spoil it.  Every damned time.

It's not enough that we have to endure guys like Gholston and Stephen Hill. Even when we draft a Rookie of the Year, he has to suddenly turn into a ******* sh*theel.

Archived