Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

well petty should play most of the detroit game.  he's now one (more) bad thing away from being the opening day starter.

Considering all we've been through as fans, it would be only fair to have a 4th round pick like Petty that no one thought was ready suddenly light it up and become a long-term solution at the position.

But then, life as a Jets fan just isn't fair.

This is the same mock outrage i heard when Rex left Sanchez out there to get hurt in the preseason!!

CMON GUYS, GENO IS TERRIBLE

Made the same point in another thread. I never understood why people gave a damn about that. It's not as if he had earned the job, and I'm not convinced that he would have done better than Geno did that year, are you?

Lmaoo some many people are in for a Rude Awakening when it comes to fitz .. I'm actually excited for him to starts.,

To be happy our starting QB is hurt so u can hype a career backup is a joke ..

I am hoping and praying Fitz has the best year of his career but for people to actually celebrating over this is a very sad commentary and it truth it kind of makes me ashamed to be a Jets Fan. 

Have some class, would you want any opposing fan getting off on your teams misfortune. i don't think so. So grow up.

This isn't misfortune. Misfortune is Geno jogging out to the practice field and he steps in a divot and tears his ACL. Something like this is so ridiculous it's kinda funny. But I do feel your pain man. Sorry.

This isn't misfortune. Misfortune is Geno jogging out to the practice field and he steps in a divot and tears his ACL. Something like this is so ridiculous it's kinda funny. But I do feel your pain man. Sorry.

You realize Raideraholic isn't a Jet fan right?? A Fin fan apologizing to a Raider fan about a Jet QB getting his jaw broke?? Now that's ridiculous..LOL 

• Upvote 3

I would imagine he will have some punishment from the league coming for assault on a bad QB..

Ikemefuna_Enemkpali.png

Quite the contrary, the NFL may reward us with compensatory picks for putting a better product on the field in London.

I'm hoping that after things calm down and Fitzpatrick is named NFL MVP, Enemkpali will be welcomed back with open arms for the 2016 season.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

We are a fkn circus- this will go down in lore forever- butt fumble x 10

I have never been so depressed to be a jets fan- ever, I really mean it after all the sh*t we've been thru

Guess we lost all our Brady/Deflategate chips, too.  HH, this one is unbelievable in our team's sea of unbelievably. lol  I give up.

Idzik's draft picks:

Sheldon being Sheldon

IK sucker punches Geno, that's the 2 for 1 special

Dee Milliner made of glass

Saunders released

Shaq Evans to be released shortly

Remember when you all acted like he was the best GM we ever had. LOL.

It was drowned out by you crying and throwing tantrums in every single thread.

That's what I remember.

• Upvote 4

It really is a shame that Geno is hurt. He was in a serious position to succeed this year with the amount of talent that the Jets have in place and Chan Gailey's system.

With that said though lets not forget that he's widely regarded as the worst starting quarterback in football. The Jets should not see a significant drop off from Geno to Fitz and they'll be fine.

It really is a shame that Geno is hurt. He was in a serious position to succeed this year with the amount of talent that the Jets have in place and Chan Gailey's system.

With that said though lets not forget that he's widely regarded as the worst starting quarterback in football. The Jets should not see a significant drop off from Geno to Fitz and they'll be fine.

voted the worst starting qb in the league 2 seasons in a row.  yet his absence hurts the team.