Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

The way this training camp has gone it reminds me of the 1995-1996 Jets. 4-12 in 1995, made some good signings and then 1-15 in 1996.

IK is an idiot.  For the money you make in the NFL you don't knock out your own teammate.  You screw the entire locker room.

I wouldn't be shocked to see IK get charges pressed against him and possibly sued.  Could the NFL suspend him as well even though he's been cut?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOD DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN IT!

This hurts our offense & IK was DEFINITELY our most promising young outside pass rusher.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Sorry. Need to vent frustration. And I literally heard the news break onWFAN as I had just found $4 on the sidewalk.

no b/c when the season gets derailed they'll bring in petty and he'll show enough promise for the franchise to move on from geno.

Appreciate the optimism. Resist the dark side as long as you can but they are all are seduced in the end. Welcome.

You truly can't make this stuff up.  Unreal.

I know I said in the past I'd rather have Fitz start.  Figure if he is middle of the road or a little below average as a QB, that is still WAY better than worst in the league.

But I think I became convinced of the narrative the Jets seemed to be following - go with Geno with the higher upside but pull him quickly if he falters.

Now this is just ridiculous.  Only the Jets.

• Upvote 1

You're assuming that Bowles would've been too stupid to bench Geno if/when he sucked. Give him some more credit than that.

Yeah, but instead of at 1-3 with the season over, it's at 0-0 and now we have a fighting chance.

SAR I

God Bless IK Enemkpali

• Upvote 1

Totally unreal.  We lose a promising young linebacker and our quarterback.  What a morning!   I am rooting like hell for Fitz, Petty will now get more reps.   Geno will be back by the 2 or 3 game most likely. If Fitz falters, or gets hurt, he may be back at some point.    

• Upvote 1