How good can the secondary be when Dee Milliner returns?

cookiemonsta

Milliner will be used as the 4th corner and he still has upside of being a shutdown corner. His injuries have not let him reach his full potential.  Skrine and Milliner are a very solid 3 and 4th string corners. Then we have Marcus Williams as well, I can't remember us having so many potential good to great corners.

Revis and Skrine are untouchable

sure milliner could be on the mix but he breaks a wrist just jamming a guy at the line, he tore his Achilles' tendon walking forward on the punt team...

he has blue chip physical tools but man his career is in the toilet. We'd all love for him to replace Cro in 2016, someone will have to but Mac was wise not to count on this kid for anything and debating his potential at this juncture is pure conjecture. 

Any contribution is gravy with how dominant this secondary looks (withholding Cro)

I worry that with him not playing in so long its going to be back to square one with him, I mean he was a liability until he got going late in his rookie season. Its anyone guess what he's going to come back like. Unless we have some injuries I don't see him getting back into the line up any time we soon.

Had 3 interceptions in 2013, missed much of 2014. He is not that bad, he doesn't have to cover any of the big wrs, but could be a key down the stretch run.You can't have enough corners and pass rushers in today's nfl.

He had 3 ints at the end of the year after constantly being beat like a drum. Ints are not the only measure of a good corner Milliner IMHO is a terrible corner who has a terrible injury history to boot.

He had 3 ints at the end of the year after constantly being beat like a drum. Ints are not the only measure of a good corner Milliner IMHO is a terrible corner who has a terrible injury history to boot.

He's not a terrible corner, just injury prone. That's very unfortunate cuz he has a ton of talent. Hopefully he can get back on the field and prove himself. 

Revis and Skrine are untouchable

sure milliner could be on the mix but he breaks a wrist just jamming a guy at the line, he tore his Achilles' tendon walking forward on the punt team...

he has blue chip physical tools but man his career is in the toilet. We'd all love for him to replace Cro in 2016, someone will have to but Mac was wise not to count on this kid for anything and debating his potential at this juncture is pure conjecture. 

Any contribution is gravy with how dominant this secondary looks (withholding Cro)

Right about now, I'd love for Williams to replace Cro in 2015. 

You guys are being way to tough on Milliner. He's been injured, blame Idzik for taking an injury prone player but I'm thinking Bowles would like to have him back. After trading Revis & letting Cro go Dee was asked to be "the man" under Rex Ryan.

Under Bowles Milliner is back in class learning how to play in this league behind the best CB ever in Revis. Everyone was ready to throw Pryor out of here too. Not every young player comes out guns a blazing. For Dee it's all about staying healthy, he definitely has skills, and he won't be asked in this defense to cover number 1 receivers. 

Can you imagine if we had a Justin Houston type pass rusher on this team? Especially when Sheldon comes back.

Milliner will be used as the 4th corner and he still has upside of being a shutdown corner. His injuries have not let him reach his full potential.  Skrine and Milliner are a very solid 3 and 4th string corners. Then we have Marcus Williams as well, I can't remember us having so many potential good to great corners.

Dee who???   Wasn't he a founding member of twisted sister?  Dee somebody?????

imgres.jpg

Did you forget we drafted him higher than Richardson? His potential remains being a shutdown corner,otherwise why pick him in the top 10.

This was the top 10 of that draft:

1 1 Kansas City Chiefs Eric Fisher  OT Central Michigan MAC [9]
  1 2 Jacksonville Jaguars Luke Joeckel  OT Texas A&M SEC  
  1 3 Miami Dolphins Dion Jordan  DE Oregon Pac-12 from Oakland [R1 - 1]
  1 4 Philadelphia Eagles Lane Johnson  OT Oklahoma Big 12  
  1 5 Detroit Lions Ezekiel Ansah  DE BYU Ind.  
  1 6 Cleveland Browns Barkevious Mingo  DE LSU SEC  
  1 7 Arizona Cardinals Jonathan Cooper  G North Carolina ACC  
  1 8 St. Louis Rams Tavon Austin  WR West Virginia Big 12 from Buffalo [R1 - 2]
  1 9 New York Jets Dee Milliner  CB Alabama SEC  
  1 10 Tennessee Titans Chance Warmack  G Alabama SEC  

It's putrid

Archived