### Jets \ Redskins --- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

That last int is 100% on Fitz. Child, please.

Fitz made a terrible decision and throw. However, in order for it to be picked off, Marshall had to pop it up and the DB had to make a mid-dive adjustment to where it was and reign in the catch. 

It wasn't a sure-thing INT, it was an excellent play by the defender. That doesn't mean Fitz isn't at fault, but "100% on the QB" is when the QB throws it into the defenders numbers, and in this case saying that takes credit away from #26 who just played an amazing first half of football.

Regardless, the ball is in the dirt if Marshall doesn't pop it up in the air and give the DB the chance to make an amazing play, and that's what he did... he made an amazing play.

Sure it was an amazing play by the DB. Doesn't change the fact that Fitzpatrick can't keep throwing fade routes on the inside shoulder and given the situation, that throw was an absolutely  mind boggling decision.  IF you are going to stubbornly make that decision, you better be sure you throw it properly.

Wow, you are one dumb mother****er. I didn't conclude that Powell sucks based on those two plays. I based it on the fact that he has always sucked. He can not break tackles. He can not juke defenders. He can not out run anyone. 

Now stop polluting the game thread jackass. 

Well calling powell a sh*t bag after something that was absolutely not his fault is retarded. Sorry, I've been a member of the anti-idiot task force here at jetnation so I had no choice but to consistently call out your idiocy m8

Edited by Cro's kids
  • Thumb Down 1

I'm dying laughing right because of all you SOJF. So ******* what. We have had a few mistakes. These aren't areas in which the redskins have exposed us. Decker and Marshall just didn't hold on to the ball. Ten bucks they do now . there is still really much a ball game and we have showed we can and will move the ball on O today.

• Upvote 2

all of Fitz passes on that 2 min drill was bad....he missed far outside on Brandon and Brandon did a ridiculous one handed grab,, low to Enunwa, and just an awful decision and worse throw on the pick. If you insist on throwing that, has to be back shoulder. Plus the Jets clearly do not trust him to throw deep. So, one awesome throw to Decker, a few dumpoffs and crap. He should not be in there.

• Upvote 2

Fitz made a terrible decision and throw. However, in order for it to be picked off, Marshall had to pop it up and the DB had to make a mid-dive adjustment to where it was and reign in the catch. 

It wasn't a sure-thing INT, it was an excellent play by the defender. That doesn't mean Fitz isn't at fault, but "100% on the QB" is when the QB throws it into the defenders numbers, and in this case saying that takes credit away from #26 who just played an amazing first half of football.

please don't muddy the waters with "other sh*t that occurred"

thank you

all of Fitz passes on that 2 min drill was bad....he missed far outside on Brandon and Brandon did a ridiculous one handed grab,, low to Enunwa, and just an awful decision and worse throw on the pick. If you insist on throwing that, has to be back shoulder. Plus the Jets clearly do not trust him to throw deep. So, one awesome throw to Decker, a few dumpoffs and crap. He should not be in there.

Yes let's create chaos in the media and in the locker room

Sure it was an amazing play by the DB. Doesn't change the fact that Fitzpatrick can't keep throwing fade routes on the inside shoulder and given the situation, that throw was an absolutely  mind boggling decision.  IF you are going to stubbornly make that decision, you better be sure you throw it properly.

Agreed.  I'm not disappointed in the decision there its definitely the throw.  Gave the receiver no opportunity at the ball.  Fitz is going to be good for at least 1 interception a game, you can pretty much count on that.  His INT this time just looks so much worse b/c of the 2 boneheaded fumbles by our star receivers...

It would be nice if the Jets awesome front line and blitzing schemes could actually put some pressure on a crappy QB

This.

This is the most disappointing part of the first half for me. Our DL is loaded with talent and they can't generate a natural pass rush by rushing 4 guys on a decimated OL.

No way Callahan's OL coaching offsets the talent imbalance between our DL and their rookie-backup-filled OL.

Very disappointing.

I'm sure everyone will instead spend their time bickering about the QB though. If Decker and Marshall don't fumble, and our defense lives up to its billing, we are probably up about 20-0 right now. All of their points came from the fumbles. 

The defense showing this poorly is unacceptable, that's what this team's identity is supposed to be.

Who's your recommendation? Petty? ... because you surely can't be suggesting that Geno quarterback the Jets again.

• Upvote 1

no.  an intelligent fan would look at the team as a whole, and not just blame the QB

no.  marshall tipped it up, not a good thing to do while diving in the air

He threw a fade a route on the inside shoulder. A stupid decision given the situation.  You are flat out wrong here.

Edited by Mogglez

But he trusts Enunwa? Enunwa might have more drops than receptions this year.

I don't think smith is invisible, yet fitz deosn't look at him.  I hope smith catches 3 TD's today, but it seems to me like he is the last choice on fitz' menu right now

He threw a fade a route on the inside shoulder. You are flat out wrong here.

my point was lots of mistakes were made, but some people just blame the QB.  thanks for making my point for me.  I actually am 100% correct, and your post proved it.

he is what we have.  Fitz will always make throws that make you scratch your head.  But he will get some TDs.  Heck, Favre made a lot of stupid throws but he got you a sh*tload of TDs.  Definition of greatness.

You do and there will be more peace here, believe me

Then what's the point of being a fan?

If I'm going to accept pain and embarrassment every Sunday, I might as well just punch myself in the balls in front of strangers. At least it wouldn't take 3+ hours out of my day.

This.

This is the most disappointing part of the first half for me. Our DL is loaded with talent and they can't generate a natural pass rush by rushing 4 guys on a decimated OL.

No way Callahan's OL coaching offsets the talent imbalance between our DL and their rookie-backup-filled OL.

Very disappointing.

I'm sure everyone will instead spend their time bickering about the QB though. If Decker and Marshall don't fumble, and our defense lives up to its billing, we are probably up about 20-0 right now. All of their points came from the fumbles. 

The defense showing this poorly is unacceptable, that's what this team's identity is supposed to be.

Are you ******* kidding me?  The scoring drives have been 37, 19, and 40 yards.  You can thank the offense for turning the ball over.