JJ Watt breaks his hand in practice....

Beerfish

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25409047/not-even-a-broken-hand-will-keep-jj-watt-from-playing-the-patriots

Friendly reminder: J.J. Watt is tougher than you. The latest proof: Watt broke his hand at practice on Wednesday and there's absolutly no chance he won't play against the Patriots on Sunday night.

Texans coach Bill O'Brien seemed unconcerned too.

"I don't think it will affect him at all," he said, according to the team's website.

Watt, who is one of the league's best players, has started every game since coming into the league in 2011. He has 13.5 sacks this season and registered 20.5 in 2014. He may also be from another planet.

Even if we vomit in our mouths a few times, it's better for the Jets if the Pats win.

Not sure I agree.  If we do our jobs we shouldn't have to worry about the Texans catching us (if that ends up a concern then that means KC and Pitt likely finish ahead of us anyways).  If we win and the Pats lose, the division becomes not so unrealistic. 

The Pats have a 3 game lead (plus the tie breaker) over the Jets with 4 games to play.

And you think the Jets have an opportunity to win the Division?????

Wow.

If the Jets win this week and the Patriots lose, yes they do.  The Patriots may be getting some people back but they're not the same infallible team they were earlier in the season.  My main point, however, was that it made more sense to root for Houston this week.  No reason to be afraid that they come catch us.  The AFC South will not be producing 2 playoff teams.

Not sure I agree.  If we do our jobs we shouldn't have to worry about the Texans catching us (if that ends up a concern then that means KC and Pitt likely finish ahead of us anyways).  If we win and the Pats lose, the division becomes not so unrealistic. 

Us taking the division is not gonna happen. We have to win out and the Pats have to lose out. They can't win even one more game.

And they play Miami in week 17...

I'd rather Houston lose and give us a bit more separation from them. They are more of a danger to taking the wildcard spot form us than we are to unseating the Pats in the division.

Us taking the division is not gonna happen. We have to win out and the Pats have to lose out. They can't win even one more game.

And they play Miami in week 17...

I'd rather Houston lose and give us a bit more separation from them. They are more of a danger to taking the wildcard spot form us than we are to unseating the Pats in the division.

Almost impossible to catch the Pats.  Don't want to lose a tie-breaker to the Texans due to head to head.  So I suppose I would prefer the Pats win, although I will not be broken-hearted if they lose.

The Pats have a 3 game lead (plus the tie breaker) over the Jets with 4 games to play.

And you think the Jets have an opportunity to win the Division?????

Wow.

Not that I expect it to happen, but if the Jets catch the Pats, the Pats wouldn't necessarily have the tie-breaker.  For example, in the unlikely event that the Jets win out and the Pats go 1-3, they could each have 11-5 records, be 8-4 in the conference, 4-2 in the division and be 1-1 head to head.   But this scenario would require the Jets to beat the Pats and Bills and the Pats to lose to the Dolphins in the last game of the season, so not likely to happen.  But if it did, what would be the tie-breaker then? 

Not that I expect it to happen, but if the Jets catch the Pats, the Pats wouldn't necessarily have the tie-breaker.  For example, in the unlikely event that the Jets win out and the Pats go 1-3, they could each have 11-5 records, be 8-4 in the conference, 4-2 in the division and be 1-1 head to head.   But this scenario would require the Jets to beat the Pats and Bills and the Pats to lose to the Dolphins in the last game of the season, so not likely to happen.  But if it did, what would be the tie-breaker then? 

I used the NFL playoff prediction model and ran every scenario where the Jets win out and the Pats lose all but one game. No matter which game the Pats won, they still held the tiebreaker over us.

Archived