Not looking good for Powell

drsamuel84

Rest Powell and prepare him for the playoffs.

If we lose to the Bills it will not be because we had Powell but that we totally dropped the ball. We will for sure need him for the playoffs though. 

If Powell's banged up and Ivory is banged up we'll be putting the ball in the air an awful lot.... that worries me a bit.

I hope Ridley's up for #1 duties. We may have to GRIND!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ridley and Powell fill different roles.  Ridley isn't a 3rd down back.  No hands out of backfield.  No powell is trouble 

Agree.  Powell provided a big spark last week.

I've mistakenly never been a huge fan of his but he's been productive this season and will definitely be missed if he can't go on Sunday.

Personally I think he's been our best running back the past few weeks. And his ability as a receiver is a big part of our offense. Not sure what's happened to Ivory. We know they're keying on him and maybe injuries. But he doesn't have the quickness we've seen recently with Bilal. I also felt that last week Ridley was starting to shake off the cobwebs and play more effectively.

I think there is a good chance he plays.  Mehta is calling it a long shot because Bowles USUALLY doesn't play anyone who doesn't practice + he's officially ruled questionable, but the situation here is a little different and I'm sure everyone knows it.  Let's not forget Cro against the Colts at the beginning of the season.  If Bilal says he can fight through it and play, I think he does.  It wouldn't shock me if there is a little gamesmanship going on here, along with just giving him a little more rest.  Bowles said yesterday he wasn't too worried about key guys.  

Honestly though, if he can't then it's next man up. Have to win regardless to get in.

as it should Charlie. Not only is Powell running well, he is easily our best back at picking up the blitz. Not a good feeling for Sunday.

I will tell you right now that if we lose this game..

I CANT TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN A FAN FOR TOO LONG!!!!

I CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ivory and ridley can do the job, maybe even a surprise touchdown tommy sighting for good measure

powell is a loss, but this offense has been marshall and decker all year.  I actually think the jets offense has been bogging down recently when chan tries to chew clock or play keep away.  when he opens it up this offense looks much better

I can't see how Powell does not play. He was in on the entire last series of regulation against the Pats. He did not get hurt. During overtime, he was standing on the sideline next to Ridley with helmet on - again, he looked fine. I think the Jets are just resting him. My bet is that he definitely plays.

If Powell can't go....my concern increases regarding the weather.

Not the temp.  The wind.    It's supposed to be windy.  20mph

We need Powell for plays where the wind is not a factor. (runs, screens..etc)

Passing game may be limited.   

I understand where you are coming from but if this is close I will be shocked. Bills have quit like Chip's Eagles.

Maybe the wind will correct some of Fitz's uncatchable deep balls.

Ridley and Powell fill different roles.  Ridley isn't a 3rd down back.  No hands out of backfield.  No powell is trouble 

Powell has been excellent with his limited reps but Ivory has improved his own catching abilities this year. I think we'll be ok without a backup RB to beat a sh*t Buffalo Blows team. If we can't, we don't deserve the playoffs anyways. 

Too bad we didn't keep this guy ...

Danny+Woodhead+Philadelphia+Eagles+v+Newf7daf1ee53cfe7a33be2b07629ec15c7.jpg

Another misjudged mishandled roster move by boneheaded Rex.

One of the truly dumb decisions by the Jets, but NFL teams do it all the time. They are not able to fully disconnect themselves from the original draft position. I mean look at Bradford. He SUCKS. Yet he is supposed to get another big contract in FA next year and the ONLY reason is because he is a former #1 pick. Same exact performance and 4th RD pick he is lucky to be a backup.

If the wind and snow are going to be that bad then we need a vintage Ivory performance more than what Powell gives us anyway.

Powell has been better than Ivory at every facet of the game these last 5 weeks. Ivory has been dancing far too much for a guy who thrives off hitting the hole hard. He needs to bring it regardless. He's playing for a contract. If he shows up small, he's probably done as a Jet. 

The wind could actually benefit the Jets. Tyrod and Watkins have hooked up on several deep balls this yr. Tyrod has a strong arm.

The wind may not allow them to stretch the field.

The Jets on the other hand mostly run quick slants to Decker, comeback routes and stop routes to Marshall. Rarely does Fitz air it out over 30 yards. Maybe twicw a game to keep the "D" honest.

Archived