Maccagnan and Bowles are downgrading this team

Kleckineau

Maccagnan and Bowles are downgrading this team.

They have created a net loss in talent by losing Harrison, Ivory, Allen and appear to be playing a game of who will blink first with Fitzpatrick when in reality they should be saying good bye Fitzy (he will return to form this year you watch) and aggressively pursuing Kaepernick or Glennon.

I realize they still have the draft ahead of them but they havent done anything (Leonard Williams?....please) in that regard to give me any confidence that they can address the QB position via the draft.

If this is how they are going to run things they will be a last place team for the next few years and will get themselves canned. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

They have created a net loss in talent by losing Harrison, Ivory, Allen and appear to be playing a game of who will blink first with Fitzpatrick when in reality they should be saying good bye Fitzy (he will return to form this year you watch) and aggressively pursuing Kaepernick or Glennon.

I realize they still have the draft ahead of them but they havent done anything (Leonard Williams?....please) in that regard to give me any confidence that they can address the QB position via the draft.

If this is how they are going to run things they will be a last place team for the next few years and will get themselves canned. 

Stop being dumb. If is still an incomplete grade until we know the QB situation.

Where was Ivory (and Fitzpatrick for that matter) in the last game of last year? Hurt and ineffective

Let's get this correct the Jets had the worst talent arguably in the NFL two years ago and their god awful record reflected it.  

Mac and Bowles came in year one altered the line up won 10 games and were a professional team all year long.  

Now you post in the offseason that Bowles and Mac are destroying the team.   

And this somehow makes sense to you?

Come on man you know better than this......

All I can say is Jets fans sometime   

51 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Stop being dumb. If is still an incomplete grade until we know the QB situation.

Where was Ivory (and Fitzpatrick for that matter) in the last game of last year? Hurt and ineffective

Ivory was benched, not hurt.

We lost Ivory and gained Forte, re-signed Bilal and signed a kid from the Saints who could be a sleeper. Every team loses players at this time of the year and gets new players. A lot of it is a shuffling of money and working with the cap. They've also smartly restructured a few contracts and probably will do a few more. Snacks was the biggest loss but they signed a few guys who are cheaper options. We'll see what happens with the Qb position. Hopefully they'll find a way to keep Fitz.

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Let's get this correct the Jets had the worst talent arguably in the NFL two years ago and their god awful record reflected it.  

Mac and Bowles came in year one altered the line up won 10 games and were a professional team all year long.  

Now you post in the offseason that Bowles and Mac are destroying the team.   

And this somehow makes sense to you?

Come on man you know better than this......

All I can say is Jets fans sometime   

The fact that the majority of our fan base is losing sleep over the possibilty of losing Ryan Fitzpatrick tells us plenty about the direction of this team.

Sorry, this team needs bold moves and all I see is management playing plugaleak with jags.

Lol some people will never be happy. Mac and bowels did a pretty good job adressing major needs last off season. They stole marshal, brought in discount players who have shown some great things...skrine, gilchrist, Bailey. They had a limited budget this year and have still set us up to be able to craft bpa (I'm convinced they are confident in geno if they can't sign fitz). What more do you want? Chances are if you truly think Mac and bowels are downgrading this team you haven't been a jets fan long or you are mentally challenged

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

The fact that the majority of our fan base is losing sleep over the possibilty of losing Ryan Fitzpatrick tells us plenty about the direction of this team.

Sorry, this team needs bold moves and all I see is management playing plugaleak with jags.

So, giving Ryan Fitzpatrick $16m/yr is a "bold move"?

I'd argue it's bolder to say "we'd like Ryan back, but at our price, if not, we can replace him". That's the type of boldness this organization has always lacked. 

You're whining for them to regress into being a dumb, gutless organization.

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

I nominate this for most poorly thought out post of the month.  The competition isn't even close.  Nicely done.

A legit point completely ruined by hyperbole. It's pretty hard to get excited for this upcoming season. Even if they get Fitz back, this team doesn't look like it's going to be better in any areas in 2016 than they were in 2015, unless someone out there still has faith in Jace Amaro. Maybe the running game sees a bump in efficiency with Forte but I'm not sure how much that's going to matter in today's league.

It's a much harder schedule with essentially the same exact team that's a year older. Maybe we hit a grand slam in the draft, and that would be awesome but certainly not likely. It just kind of sucks being this sure that they're not going to make the playoffs when we're still 6 months away from the season starting. Only icing on the cake is if they put some prospects under center that we can watch and evaluate, and hey, cool. But this is a bridge season to 2017, no more no less.

25 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

How many people in the fanbase have you takes to?  Because every poll I've seen says it wants Fitz signed at Maccs price.  Not at Fitz price.  You want to pay Fitz 18 mil per?  Lol, makes sense

I would think that most of the fanbase could care less what a few whining fans go on about in March.  

We saw this whine a year ago too.  

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Wrong, so very wrong. 

I hear what you're saying but sometimes you have to take a step back to take one forward. The Jets went from 4-12 to 10-6. That's a pretty good turnaround. Mangini did that and we all called him Mangenius.

At the end of this season, we have a bloated payroll and old, slow players. Mac doesn't have much cap space to work with, so he's plugging the holes the best he can by adding some veterans, and he's not about to take a chunk out of next year's salary cap space by signing journeyman Fitz to a huge contract that he frankly doesn't deserve. Their eyes are definitely on the future, though. We will have much more cap space next offseason, and hopefully a QB emerges.

43 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, giving Ryan Fitzpatrick $16m/yr is a "bold move"?

I'd argue it's bolder to say "we'd like Ryan back, but at our price, if not, we can replace him". That's the type of boldness this organization has always lacked. 

You're whining for them to regress into being a dumb, gutless organization.

Actually Klec stated they should be saying goodbye to Fitz and getting Glennon or Kap which I endorse.  Signing overblown contracts like Harris and Revis which annually totaled out to $23 million first year have hurt our chances of getting a better QB -Yea yea they can get out of Revis 'eventually' etc - Bottom line these 2 moves alone have crippled the cap this year and last after Idziot was able to clear so much cap room. Unfortunately he was a terrible draft evaluator (see Geno Smith) which was his downfall.  When Mac took over he had no option but to go with Geno and Gailey signed off as cheerleader.  A punch to the nogin shattered that illusion. Still what could Mac do? There were no options to draft a QB other than Petty last year or were there?  Mac's 1st draft has not Been exactly an earth shattering draft. Reason Jets went 10-6 was because Mac lucked out on Fitz playing like Dan Fouts for most of the year. Who would have thunk it? Not even Mac for sure. They came in resigned to have Geno be 'the man'.  They would have been lucky to go 6-10 and all here would have signed off on it being a great season heading in the right direction.  If Fitz fizzled the consensus would have been 'it's not Macs fault, he has no QB'. Ok granted but there comes a point when that argument gets lame. Losing players like Snacks, Ivory, Allen are no biggie - they are replaceable but the QB thingy remains.  Fitz is not the future of this team no more tha Geno or Petty. BTW I love Fitz. Class act all the way BUT he is who he is, a backup, nothing more nothing less.  So at the most important position we are still stuck. This is abundantly clear by now. So who is? Find that man! 

29 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Actually Klec stated they should be saying goodbye to Fitz and getting Glennon or Kap which I endorse.  Signing overblown contracts like Harris and Revis which annually totaled out to $23 million first year have hurt our chances of getting a better QB -Yea yea they can get out of Revis 'eventually' etc - Bottom line these 2 moves alone have crippled the cap this year and last after Idziot was able to clear so much cap room. Unfortunately he was a terrible draft evaluator (see Geno Smith) which was his downfall.  When Mac took over he had no option but to go with Geno and Gailey signed off as cheerleader.  A punch to the nogin shattered that illusion. Still what could Mac do? There were no options to draft a QB other than Petty last year or were there?  Mac's 1st draft has not Been exactly an earth shattering draft. Reason Jets went 10-6 was because Mac lucked out on Fitz playing like Dan Fouts for most of the year. Who would have thunk it? Not even Mac for sure. They came in resigned to have Geno be 'the man'.  They would have been lucky to go 6-10 and all here would have signed off on it being a great season heading in the right direction.  If Fitz fizzled the consensus would have been 'it's not Macs fault, he has no QB'. Ok granted but there comes a point when that argument gets lame. Losing players like Snacks, Ivory, Allen are no biggie - they are replaceable but the QB thingy remains.  Fitz is not the future of this team no more tha Geno or Petty. BTW I love Fitz. Class act all the way BUT he is who he is, a backup, nothing more nothing less.  So at the most important position we are still stuck. This is abundantly clear by now. So who is? Find that man! 

Thank you.

It seems reading comprehension is a lost art around here.

IMHO thanks to a bit of cap mismanagement the 2016 team will not be superior to the 2015 team.  Mac is our most competent GM in recent time and even further back.  I am disappointed that I don't expect improve year over year but that is a FAR CRY from there being ANY handwriting on the wall.  

My conclusion, OP is a troll or is hopelessly misinformed.        

1 hour ago, Powpow said:

Unreadable.  Try paragraphs, sentences, and punctuation next time.  

4 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

You should familiarize yourself with the term "The BIG PICTURE" and the theory of MACROECONOMICS and how that plays into this COMPETENT Front Office's strategy for building LONG-TERM success and sustaining it for, hopefully, perpetuity in a VERY Business-oriented league with a HARSH and HARD Salary Cap that ALL must adhere to. You KNOW there was a MANDATORY MINIMUM the Jets HAD TO SPEND in 2015, thus handcuffing 2016, and due to GREAT MacCags foresight will be in GREAT SHAPE again in 2017?

Lesson for you children out there, there are short-sighted people in this world, who INTEND well with their thoughts, but it doesn't mean they are AT ALL correct in their, or lack there of, rationale. 

1 hour ago, Powpow said:

Furthering my point.

6 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Unreadable.  Try paragraphs, sentences, and punctuation next time.  

Thank you Sir, some need to be spoon fed. :D

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

I nominate this for most poorly thought out post of the month.  The competition isn't even close.  Nicely done.

As I was reading it I was thinking the exact same thing and then scrolled down to see you already posted it haha. 

14 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

You should familiarize yourself with the term "The BIG PICTURE" and the theory of MACROECONOMICS and how that plays into this COMPETENT Front Office's strategy for building LONG-TERM success and sustaining it for, hopefully, perpetuity in a VERY Business-oriented league with a HARSH and HARD Salary Cap that ALL must adhere to. You KNOW there was a MANDATORY MINIMUM the Jets HAD TO SPEND in 2015, thus handcuffing 2016, and due to GREAT MacCags foresight will be in GREAT SHAPE again in 2017?

Lesson for you children out there, there are short-sighted people in this world, who INTEND well with their thoughts, but it doesn't mean they are AT ALL correct in their, or lack there of, rationale. 

This has been debunked. They did not need to spend that much money on new players, no matter how many times the myth has been repeated, nor did a few of those pricey new contracts need to be backloaded with low cap hits in year 1.

Archived