Kaepernick to the Broncos?

JetsFanatic

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it's so patently obvious that's what they want to do.  they don't want to rely on other teams' retreads and rejects.  at this point, i'm wondering if the jets are targeting lynch in the first round, or do they think they can get cook in the 2nd where they pick.  or are they looking to jump ahead of the 49ers somehow and go for goff?

If they are talking a trade with the Bears for MO then they may be targeting Lynch as they would want to jump ahead of the Rams and grab Lynch. I know some on this board might not think Lynch is worth a 1st and losing MO, but with all the rumors and trade talks that scenario seems more likely the case especially on draft day. I don't think they will be able to get ahead of SF with just MO. I guess it all depends on how MAC feels about the QB's especially Lynch. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

If they are talking a trade with the Bears for MO then they may be targeting Lynch as they would want to jump ahead of the Rams and grab Lynch. I know some on this board might not think Lynch is worth a 1st and losing MO, but with all the rumors and trade talks that scenario seems more likely the case especially on draft day. I don't think they will be able to get ahead of SF with just MO. I guess it all depends on how MAC feels about the QB's especially Lynch. 

not necessarily.  i could see the jets going BAP at 11, perhaps LT, and addressing qb at either 20 or in the 2nd.  but at some point mccags will take a big swing at qb, he just won't want to be in qb limbo every march/april.

7 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Losing Mo is a done deal. The only thing in question is what we get out of losing him.

Lynch may end up being a big zero/bust. He may be available at #20 and it may take trading up to #11. If there's a decent shot of success with him, then it's a nice fit to have something so tangible to show for losing Mo.  Not ideal trade value, but we can only get what teams are offering, not what fans or sportswriters claim his trade value should be. 

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

3 scenarios.... you pick

1) Trade a 4th for Kap and get him to sign a deal for $9m/yr. with incentives to reach his original $12m. 3 yr. deal

2) Trade a 3rd for Glennon. Let him play out his rookie deal and see if you can sign him in FA if he performs well

3) Give Fitz a 3/yr $30m deal which in reality will only turn out to be a 2/$18m deal. Keep drafting QB's

Man those are some bad options.  #2 being the most acceptable  (though a 4th would be better).

1 and 3 would suck.  Those would pretty much mean we don't compete for years to come.

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

The vape thread you speak about wanting to see men with things that look like dicks in thier mouths, this thread you talk about putting hands up mens asses.  This sounds a lot like projection.  Also, your knowledge of HIPPA is 0

Its HIPAA not HIPPA...........

The HIPAA Privacy Rule

25 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

not necessarily.  i could see the jets going BAP at 11, perhaps LT, and addressing qb at either 20 or in the 2nd.  but at some point mccags will take a big swing at qb, he just won't want to be in qb limbo every march/april.

That's a likely scenario also, I think they see how the board falls and if the player they covet is there whether that be a LT or a QB I could see them making the trade. I don't see us being able told on to the 20th pick also would be nice though.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

So Chip Kelly is the reason for Kaepernick not playing to his full potential? Got it. Makes sense. 

No not yet maybe Kaep sees the writing on the wall and what Kelly did on Philly and wants out with all the other stuff going there on as well. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No not yet maybe Kaep sees the writing on the wall and what Kelly did on Philly and wants out with all the other stuff going there on as well. 

Legit question; isn't Kaep a bad QB?  Haven't seen him play many games, but I do recall watching him at times thinking, "where the f#ck was that ball going?"

Like he's really an inaccurate passer right?  Occasionally conjuring memories of Tebow.

36 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it's so patently obvious that's what they want to do.  they don't want to rely on other teams' retreads and rejects.  at this point, i'm wondering if the jets are targeting lynch in the first round, or do they think they can get cook in the 2nd where they pick.  or are they looking to jump ahead of the 49ers somehow and go for goff?

Don't know.

I think ideally they'd like Goff if only because he's apparently more likely to step right in. Lynch would pretty much require a veteran stopgap so he's not forced in there week 1 this season. We've been linked to a few, from Fitz to Glennon to Hoyer (in case anyone failed to notice lol).

Thing is, do we know that #11 is high enough? If the Rams want Lynch (and want him badly enough) it wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world for them to leapfrog us, from #15 to #10 or higher. And then at the same time we may not have to move up at all & he might be there for us at #20. Thing is, if he falls to our original slot, it's likely we could trade down a handful of slots from #20 and still grab him, since few teams behind us in round 1 are shopping for a QB project. Next one might be Arizona at #29, and with their Carson Palmer window open for only a little longer, I'm thinking they want an instant contributor at a different position. Past them is Denver at #31.

Truthfully, how many teams are even in the market for a round1 QB where they pick (barring Aaron Rodgers / Green Bay style long term planning)? 

• #2 Browns
  • #7 49ers
  • #11 Bears (would be a bit of a surprise, but possible. Remember just a year ago they were looking for anyone to take on Cutler's contract)
  • #12 New Orleans (also unlikely, since they seem on track for a Brees extension instead)
  • #15 Los Angeles
  • #20 Jets
  • #28 KC (also unlikely, but Alex Smith's game-managing and coming up short may be wearing thin)
  • #29 Arizona (again unlikely, but possible)
  • #31 Denver (duh, even with Kaepernick on board)

Ones in bold are obvious landing spaces for round 1 QBs, and would be the only non-surprises. So it's not like there are so many teams truly in the hunt.

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Legit question; isn't Kaep a bad QB?  Haven't seen him play many games, but I do recall watching him at times thinking, "where the f#ck was that ball going?"

Like he's really an inaccurate passer right?  Occasionally conjuring memories of Tebow.

Kaep is the best option available in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

More like Crapernick if you ask me

sh*tzpatrick 

If we're talking good backup QB money (4-5mil) I'd choose Fitz over Kaep.  Having a steady presence like Fitz is definitely worth good backup money for whenever needed.

If we're considering spending more than 5mil on a QB, it's probably because he's likely to start.  In which case, yeah I suppose I'd prefer Kaep.  Fitz seems like the safer bet to be mediocre, but I'd figure Kaep has the higher upside and potential to at least make the playoffs.  But then again, in my opinion, so does Geno.

So I still say save the 9mil+ on Kaep and just play Geno.  While also bringing in Glennon or another rookie for cheap.

11 hours ago, The Troll said:

Two conference championships? Like Mark Sanchez? A SUPER BOWL APPEARANCE? Like Rex Grossman? Kaepernick was not the reason that team was great. Their defense was elite, they had arguably the best offensive line in football, an elite TE, and a borderline HOF RB. Do we have ANY of those things?

the difference is that Kaep actually had something to do with getting to those championships, and was not carried like a weak sister.

Many Jets fans are stuck in bad QB quagmire we are only used to bad QB's thats why many defend bad QB's 

Someday hopefully soon we will turn this team over to a real deal franchise QB so we can all celebrate a Super Bowl victory in the meantime we have these discussions to look forward to. 

If you look at Kap's contract then you know why this deal might not happen. It's huge and still has a lot of bonuses and guaranteed money left on it. So why would Kap agree to give back all of this money. I think the cap hit is 16 for 2016. It is really a crazy contract. 

12 hours ago, The Troll said:

Two conference championships? Like Mark Sanchez? A SUPER BOWL APPEARANCE? Like Rex Grossman? Kaepernick was not the reason that team was great. Their defense was elite, they had arguably the best offensive line in football, an elite TE, and a borderline HOF RB. Do we have ANY of those things?

How else do you explain Fitzpatrick winning 10 games and breaking .500 for the first time in his career?

12 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Kaepernick is NOT a franchise QB. He cannot read a defense and cannot throw,from the pocket.  I hope he goes to Denver, that means he ain't coming here. Sanchez may beat him out. 

You and Troll must have access to better info than John Elway. You should get Mr. Elway on the horn right now and do the right thing.

4 hours ago, gEYno said:

The vape thread you speak about wanting to see men with things that look like dicks in thier mouths, this thread you talk about putting hands up mens asses.  This sounds a lot like projection.  Also, your knowledge of HIPPA is 0

This place is really impressive. How many full-time messageboard faux doctors does JN have?

You and Troll must have access to better info than John Elway. You should get Mr. Elway on the horn right now and do the right thing.

We have great receivers and a good, not elite defense. Those 49er teams were much better than we are in every single way except WR.

John Elway isn't willing to take on Kaepernick's contract. Denver is also a whole hell of a lot closer talent-wise to the 12-13 49ers than the Jets are.

Fitzpatrick's asking price was reportedly too high for the Broncos. 

Besides the Jets, the Broncos were the only other NFL team with a truly uncertain quarterback situation as of Saturday. 

The Jets have reportedly been sticking to their offer of $7 million per year for Fitzpatrick. At this point, it sure looks like he has run out of non-Jets options. 

6 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

3 scenarios.... you pick

1) Trade a 4th for Kap and get him to sign a deal for $9m/yr. with incentives to reach his original $12m. 3 yr. deal

2) Trade a 3rd for Glennon. Let him play out his rookie deal and see if you can sign him in FA if he performs well

3) Give Fitz a 3/yr $30m deal which in reality will only turn out to be a 2/$18m deal. Keep drafting QB's

All of those suck. HARD. Seriously Kap and Glennon are JAGs that will soon be in the running for the Matt Flynn award.

Just playing Bryce is better than all those options.

7 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

3 scenarios.... you pick

You can scratch the first scenario. Kaepernick has no incentive to cut $3MM from his guaranteed salary to come to the Jets, especially since a trade means giving up the $400k workout bonus and $2MM roster bonus he's due this year.

19 hours ago, gEYno said:

Fun Fact: Of the 25 patients with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and bipolar disorder currently under my care... There are only 4 who are less stable than joewilly12...

Poor form Doc........if you actually are one.

Formal thought disorders are dibilitating,difficult to treat effectively, require a lifetime of often poorly tolerated medicines and are nothing to make light of by anyone much less a practitioner.

Archived