Hackenburg looking unimpressive...

Freemanm

26 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Jets pass on Lynch and Elway trades up to grab him.

Who do you think knows more about QB's, Elway or Mac?

How dumb can you be? Yeah, Mac and Elway don't consult anyone else. They just go out and make unilateral decisions about whom to draft.... you really have gone down the tubes over the years. Just a pitiful shadow of the guy who used to be mildly clever. Now you're just irritating and tedious.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Has Jet Nation always been this toxic? Or is a function of this particular offseason + with the traffic from JI when it closed? This board has been challenging to say the least this year. 

No. This board, in my opinion, has taken a downturn since the season ended. And I don't see it getting better. The QB situation has been very divisive. No matter who is under center come Week 1, there are going to be a lot of unhappy, cynical people. 

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. This board, in my opinion, has taken a downturn since the season ended. And I don't see it getting better. The QB situation has been very divisive. No matter who is under center come Week 1, there are going to be a lot of unhappy, cynical people. 

Carl have some fun... :) 

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Has Jet Nation always been this toxic? Or is a function of this particular offseason + with the traffic from JI when it closed? This board has been challenging to say the least this year. 

I hate the reference to JI, because that place became very, very toxic, IMO. But the pendulum is appearing to swing that way a bit. Which sucks.

No..it is definitely not always this toxic. This QB situation has divided us.

It's a lose-lose scenario right now. Neither guy is a franchise QB, but one of 'em is, in all likelihood, gonna start the season. Hell, both of them might play at different points this season.  And, unless one of 'em lights the league on fire, everybody is loving life at 11-5, and the wrong side doesn't care if they were wrong, this will all morph into I-told-you-sos. And we all know the likelihood of everybody loving life at 11-5. 

Lose-lose.

The fan base is searching for a glimmer of hope from this QB situation and maybe a shot at a playoff run. It deserves it after years of ineptitude, but it doesn't seem like they're any closer to actual progress. I've seen 3 Red Sox titles and I'm about to see a 4th for the Penguins. All I want is one Jets one. That too much to ask?

6 hours ago, cant wait said:

Playing behind the PSU offense was like playing against 2 defenses. but if you watch some of the film breakdowns he Hackenberg did show some improvement over the last two seasons even if the stats don't show it. still needs a ton of work but so does any player drafted on projection over pedigree 

Word vomit. Unhelpful at that. Why is it supposed to be a good thing that the guy who used to have a pedigree turned into a projection? Is that also in the film?

26 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Some unhappy. Others cynical. Miniature American flags for the rest.

27 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Theory: Slowly increasing anxiety that Maccagnan has no cards up his sleeve and we're headed for yet another cycle of early (relative) success followed by four to five years of clown college. Not resolving the Wilkerson issue, investing in a collegiate QB that nobody thinks is any good, and finding himself hung up in a public negotiation with Ryan Fitzpatrick are all eyebrow-raising concerns. The fan base is always reactionary, but will be even more so with this regime because it looks like they're making the same mistakes that the Herm, Mangini, and Rex regimes did.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Theory: Slowly increasing anxiety that Maccagnan has no cards up his sleeve and we're headed for yet another cycle of early (relative) success followed by four to five years of clown college. Not resolving the Wilkerson issue, investing in a collegiate QB that nobody thinks is any good, and finding himself hung up in a public negotiation with Ryan Fitzpatrick are all eyebrow-raising concerns. The fan base is always reactionary, but will be even more so with this regime because it looks like they're making the same mistakes that the Herm, Mangini, and Rex regimes did.

It's a definite possibility. I have hope for Mac and Bowles, but maybe the deep rooted issues of this franchise go much further than that. I don't know. I'm not counting this regime out yet. This is a pivotal season though. 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dive for Deshaun

56 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

You need to check your facts before you post and look foolish.

Like when you claim that Lynch is playing great while Kubiak says he's struggling? 

That kind of fact check

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Looks can be deceiving when the fanbase is generally so pessimistic. 

If Macc would have signed WIlk to JJ Watt money and then gave 15-18 million to Fitz people would be saying that this reminds them of the Tanny days and how this will come back to bite us. Basically alluding to poor cap management.

Fans wont trust what he's done/doing until after the fact and then they'll either praise him as if the skepticism never existed if we have a solid year (until next offseason) or if we dont they'll act like they could run the franchise better than him. Maybe that even applies to me...I dont know. I wouldnt pay Wilk JJ Watt money and I wouldnt pay a bridge QB top 10 starter money, so I just so happen to agree with what he's doing. The Jets fans will hate what the front office does no matter what, and the only thing that will suffice is a superbowl, and im beginning to even doubt that. 

Past performance is always a very good indicator of future results.

6 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

No, a good QB that the Jets passed on.

Do you mean the Hillbilly with the pirate/douche beard that wept like a 12 year old girl when he was drafted? Yeah. He would be GREAT in New York.....

LOL. When are you going to just **** off? Loser.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Word vomit. Unhelpful at that. Why is it supposed to be a good thing that the guy who used to have a pedigree turned into a projection? Is that also in the film?

Did I say it was a good thing? I'm simply telling you why the jets drafted hackenberg in the second round. you don't have to believe it if you don't want to, but the people in charge believed the upside was great enough to warrant a second round pick. and if you really looked into it, you might find that there's enough reasonable doubt to at least cloud your position that the prospect has no chance at success. realistically though it's going to be at least a year before we know much of anything about this player but I do believe if the talent is there then it can be salvaged. but I guess being snarky is more fun than being patient, so suit yourself Ms. L

Do you mean the Hillbilly with the pirate/douche beard that wept like a 12 year old girl when he was drafted? Yeah. He would be GREAT in New York.....

LOL. When are you going to just **** off? Loser.

Yea, the Jets did so much better drafting a QB who can't hit the side of a barn.

He could barely complete 50% of his passes in college, I'm sure he'll complete 70% of his passes in the NFL just because he is a Jet.

48 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It's a definite possibility. I have hope for Mac and Bowles, but maybe the deep rooted issues of this franchise go much further than that. I don't know. I'm not counting this regime out yet. This is a pivotal season though. 

While it's safe to assume that Woody is a meddling dope whose input has been toxic to the franchise since he stepped foot into it, it at least appears that he's left Maccagnan alone so far. He'd be the common thread. That said, the Woody stamp would have been locking Fitzpatrick up long-term, I'd think.

42 minutes ago, afosomf said:

Dive for Deshaun

If we're being real, going 4-12 this year and being in position to draft Watson (or whoever the Big QB is) is the most realistic path to future success at this point, IMO. Banking on Hackenberg, or Geno, or Petty--which it seems they're doing--looks like a suicide mission. The question is, then, does Maccagnan have the security to draft a QB high after drafting Petty and Hackenberg?

36 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Looks can be deceiving when the fanbase is generally so pessimistic. 

If Macc would have signed WIlk to JJ Watt money and then gave 15-18 million to Fitz people would be saying that this reminds them of the Tanny days and how this will come back to bite us. Basically alluding to poor cap management.

Fans wont trust what he's done/doing until after the fact and then they'll either praise him as if the skepticism never existed if we have a solid year (until next offseason) or if we dont they'll act like they could run the franchise better than him. Maybe that even applies to me...I dont know. I wouldnt pay Wilk JJ Watt money and I wouldnt pay a bridge QB top 10 starter money, so I just so happen to agree with what he's doing. The Jets fans will hate what the front office does no matter what, and the only thing that will suffice is a superbowl, and im beginning to even doubt that. 

I didn't meant that Macc needed to sign either Fitzpatrick or Wilkerson, but it would have behooved him and the franchise to resolve at least one of them sooner. If he's not going to sign Wilkerson, he should have traded Wilkerson. If he's only going to offer Fitz $8 mil--or if he wants to move on from Fitz, he should have been more definitive about it back in April. Instead, he and his coach have repeatedly guaranteed Fitzpatrick the starting job "when" he re-signs. With Wilkerson, he's going to let him play out his deal and try to recoup a comp pick, which they'll likely burn by signing Drew Brees next offseason. I like Maccagnan, but the concerns that the job is too big for him are kinda playing out here. Where Idzik was too much of an accountant who was playing the long game, Maccagnan seems to be too much of a scout who might be painting the franchise into a corner. Looking two years down the line here, the offense is going to be Hackenberg to Devin Smith and...Charone Peake(?)

34 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Past performance is always a very good indicator of future results.

Well, sure. But Belichick required a lightning strike to save his ass, so anything is possible.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

ok but other than that what's the problem

12 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Sorry, can't cut and paste in my phone. I know this isn't a big deal, but hey, it's early June...

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/christian-hackenberg-unimpressive-jets-otas/307154

Christian Hackenberg reportedly looking unimpressive at Jets OTAs

christian-hackenberg

If you were still thinking that Christian Hackenberg might be an option for the New York Jets if Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn’t work out, it’s probably time to let go of that notion.

According to ESPN’s Rich Cimini, Hackenberg has looked “like a typical rookie” during OTAs thus far – that is to say sloppy and inexperienced. Cimini describes his footwork as “robotic” and said his passes are prone to missing high and being inaccurate. Cimini goes on to describe one workout where Hackenberg twice threw over the head of his tight end on 15-yard pass attempts with no defense on the field.

Coach Todd Bowles isn’t worried about his rookie.

“Right now I expect him to look sloppy because he’s seeing a whole boat load of defenses that are coming at him daily, and there’s going to be a growth period,” Bowles said.

Cimini notes that second-year quarterback Bryce Petty hasn’t looked a whole lot better, so he doesn’t appear to be an option either.

So that leaves Geno Smith, who is currently penciled in as the team’s starter. With all this in mind, perhaps the Jets should reconsider whether they really want to move on from their pursuit of Ryan Fitzpatrick – or maybe consider an option such as this to supplant Smith as the team’s starter.

H/T Rotoworld

hey Cimini you moron I guess Hackenberg looks like a rookie because he is one

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Yea, the Jets did so much better drafting a QB who can't hit the side of a barn.

He could barely complete 50% of his passes in college, I'm sure he'll complete 70% of his passes in the NFL just because he is a Jet.

How do you know what he can or can't hit in the NFL? 

Oh yeah, you don't.  Trolls don't actually need facts.  

Tell us again that Lynch looks great.  

If I were you I would be more concerned with your teams backup/starter and how pissed Tammy is having to share the ball with a scrub

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Explain this, from a Patriot article discussing their QBs:

Garoppolo’s ascension is the more important development. Two years ago at this time, Garoppolo couldn’t hit the ground from the middle of a hayfield

Hackenberg 

➤ Career Notes & Records
Started all 38 career games under center...Finished his career as Penn State leader in career 300-yard passing games (9), 200-yard passing games (21), passing yards (8,457), attempts (1,235), completions (693), passing touchdowns (48) and total offense (8,215)... Is the only player in program history to have three 2,000-yard passing seasons...Is the only 8,000-yard passer in Penn State history...One of just eight Penn State quarterbacks to top the 5,000-yard mark, one of three to surpass the 6,000 career passing yards and joins Zack Mills as the only 7,000-yard passers in PSU history...On the season passing yardage list, ranks No. 3 (2,977 - 2014), No. 4 (2,955 - 2013) and No. 8 (2,525 - 2015)...Sits No. 1 (484 - 2014), No. 4 (392 - 2013) and No. 7 (353 - 2015) on the single season attempts charts...Ranks tied for No. 1 (270 - 2014), No. 5 (231 - 2013) and No. 8 (192 - 2015) on the season completions charts...On the season passing touchdowns list ranks No. 6 (20 - 2013)...His season total offense numbers rank No. 4 (2,887 - 2013), No. 5 (2,883 - 2014) and No. 8 (2,445 - 2015)...Owns the Penn State record for passing yards in a game (454; 2014), passing yards in consecutive games (773; 2014), pass attempts in a game (55; 2013), season completions (270; 2014 - tied with Matt McGloin) and pass attempts in a season (484; 2014)...As a freshman, broke one Penn State overall passing record and 12 school freshman passing records, including the rookie marks for game and season passing completions, attempts, yards and touchdown passes...Set Penn State bowl game records for passing yards (371), completions (34) and attempts (50), and tied the record for passing touchdowns and touchdowns accounted for in a bowl game with four

6 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The fan base is searching for a glimmer of hope from this QB situation and maybe a shot at a playoff run. It deserves it after years of ineptitude, but it doesn't seem like they're any closer to actual progress. I've seen 3 Red Sox titles and I'm about to see a 4th for the Penguins. All I want is one Jets one. That too much to ask?

I know this sounds lame, but I really believe drafting Lynch would have helped curb some of the behavior -- which as you pointed out -- is rooted in decades of frustration. Not because Lynch is the next Hercules, but because taking that "1st round QB" is a statement and catalyst for hope. 

Drafting Hackenberg in the 2nd round was, risky... bold maybe.... But it's the Jets; a franchise with a history of coming up short, and presently no franchise QB... Geno and Fitzpatrick are our options.... Mac, you really needed to just go with the kid from Memphis in the first.

Archived