Hackenburg looking unimpressive...

Freemanm

Sorry, can't cut and paste in my phone. I know this isn't a big deal, but hey, it's early June...

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/christian-hackenberg-unimpressive-jets-otas/307154

Christian Hackenberg reportedly looking unimpressive at Jets OTAs

christian-hackenberg

If you were still thinking that Christian Hackenberg might be an option for the New York Jets if Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn’t work out, it’s probably time to let go of that notion.

According to ESPN’s Rich Cimini, Hackenberg has looked “like a typical rookie” during OTAs thus far – that is to say sloppy and inexperienced. Cimini describes his footwork as “robotic” and said his passes are prone to missing high and being inaccurate. Cimini goes on to describe one workout where Hackenberg twice threw over the head of his tight end on 15-yard pass attempts with no defense on the field.

Coach Todd Bowles isn’t worried about his rookie.

“Right now I expect him to look sloppy because he’s seeing a whole boat load of defenses that are coming at him daily, and there’s going to be a growth period,” Bowles said.

Cimini notes that second-year quarterback Bryce Petty hasn’t looked a whole lot better, so he doesn’t appear to be an option either.

So that leaves Geno Smith, who is currently penciled in as the team’s starter. With all this in mind, perhaps the Jets should reconsider whether they really want to move on from their pursuit of Ryan Fitzpatrick – or maybe consider an option such as this to supplant Smith as the team’s starter.

H/T Rotoworld

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Sorry, can't cut and paste in my phone. I know this isn't a big deal, but hey, it's early June...

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/christian-hackenberg-unimpressive-jets-otas/307154

The entire article is based on this:

According to ESPN’s Rich Cimini, Hackenberg has looked “like a typical rookie” during OTAs thus far

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Once he moves his left foot back, all these lamestream media clowns are gonna be eating their words

He probably hasn't even started tapping his helmet like Tom Brady... Saving that for the preseason.

1 hour ago, Freemanm said:

Christian Hackenberg reportedly looking unimpressive at Jets OTAs

christian-hackenberg

If you were still thinking that Christian Hackenberg might be an option for the New York Jets if Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn’t work out, it’s probably time to let go of that notion.

According to ESPN’s Rich Cimini, Hackenberg has looked “like a typical rookie” during OTAs thus far – that is to say sloppy and inexperienced. Cimini describes his footwork as “robotic” and said his passes are prone to missing high and being inaccurate. Cimini goes on to describe one workout where Hackenberg twice threw over the head of his tight end on 15-yard pass attempts with no defense on the field.

Coach Todd Bowles isn’t worried about his rookie.

“Right now I expect him to look sloppy because he’s seeing a whole boat load of defenses that are coming at him daily, and there’s going to be a growth period,” Bowles said.

Cimini notes that second-year quarterback Bryce Petty hasn’t looked a whole lot better, so he doesn’t appear to be an option either.

So that leaves Geno Smith, who is currently penciled in as the team’s starter. With all this in mind, perhaps the Jets should reconsider whether they really want to move on from their pursuit of Ryan Fitzpatrick – or maybe consider an option such as this to supplant Smith as the team’s starter.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

This is exactly why reporters should not be allowed to watch OTAs, the Bills had it right.  Asinine articles bashing players for OTAs and then fans will run with it.

Im not sure if its asinine. We all sit and wait for these reporters to tweet out every OTA. If this was about Geno being terrible that would have been taken as the gospel here. 

I love how the article took a statement that Hackenburg looks "typical" and transformed that into paragraphs about how he's sh*t and there's no hope.

The next article will be something like, "Jets rookie QB Hackenburg already under serious criticism" which will turn into, "Hackenburg flails in NY; Jets QB future uncertain" which will be, "Jets QB woes to continue for another season." Whole franchise is a joke because a rookie looks "typical" in OTA. 

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

He wasn't impressive at PSU either. 

And if you thought that three seasons of throwing the ball to the guy against a defense haven't done much to improve his ability to throw the ball to the guy against a defense, just wait until you see what he can do after two or three years of not throwing the ball to the guy against a defense.

Archived