Geno Smith to start on Sunday vs the Ravens

Maxman

Just now, j4jets said:

Coming back? It just got benched. 

The media is already playing like a panic move. Cimini called it a panic move. Francesa is going to gloat to high heaven. And whether they are morons or not, they have a lot of followers.

This is another reason why good people don't want to coach here and another reason why the Jets should move

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, section314 said:

I'm mad because a majority of Jets fans called for this by not resigning that bum in the first place. We wasted 6 games to try to see what we might have in the future at QB. Geno,Petty(if healthy) even Hack could have done  what Fitz did. Typical Jets bulls**t.

it's better petty didn't play.  now there is no pressure to win, they are already out of the playoffs, and there is enough time left to evaluate petty if not hack.  and they get a great draft pick.  it's a win/win/win/win/win, as usual.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The media is already playing like a panic move. Cimini called it a panic move. Francesa is going to gloat to high heaven. And whether they are morons or not, they have a lot of followers.

This is another reason why good people don't want to coach here and another reason why the Jets should move

Please stop...

1 hour ago, peebag said:

You know you don't have to reply with the first thing off the top of your head.  Give it some thought, mull it around a bit, then hit "submit reply"

No I'm good just keeping it real. We stand a better chance with Geno Smith than we do with the bum.

To all the Geno fans that for the last year have been saying, "When Geno had been starting, he didn't have the weapons to work with that Fitzpatrick has". If he did he would have been at least as, if not more, effective than Fitzpatrick".

IF, he fails.  I don't want to hear:

--his #2 receiver is hurt

---they are double teaming Marshall and the other receivers are young and inexperienced

---they really don't have a tight end

---the running game is non exsistent

----the offensive line is weak

Geno needs to PUT UP OR SHUT UP

Just now, Happy Clouds said:

To all the Geno fans that for the last year have been saying, "When Geno had been starting, he didn't have the weapons to work with that Fitzpatrick has". If he did he would have been at least as, if not more, effective than Fitzpatrick".

---they are double teaming Marshall and the other receivers are young and inexperienced

I've said that Geno was playing with garbage as a starter. Now he has weapons and an easy schedule. He has zero excuses. Which is why he needs to start a couple of games. If he plays great, fine. if he implodes, then we move on to Petty. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What move did he call?

He called that after Bowles gave support to Fitz after the game that Bowles would cave to Woody and Fitz would not start. Because Woody and the Jets at the first sign of trouble give up and go into the next option. They have no conviction.

He said Gruden saying Woody was nervous was a son of this

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Cimini and Fatcessa have always been morons. It's at a point where it's no longer an opinion, rather a widely accepted fact. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The franchise is insecure because the Giants will always top dog in town, even when they suck (i.e. Knicks). So to dump that insecurity, go to a place where they are top dog

Im just going to put this out there....

How bout we field a competitive team and win something on the football field?  Maybe even become the "top dog" in the NFL let alone NY.  I like that idea a little better than some delusional pipe dream about moving a team in one of the largest markets out of said market.  Let alone my Jets.  The only place they should move is Long Island.

Bowles said as much... now he is changing his tune... this is absolutely a woody move.

Why do u assume Woody is involved? How do u know the QB change wasnt because of Macc's influence or just Bowles watching the game tape and deciding he wanted to make a change?

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

He called that after Bowles gave support to Fitz after the game that Bowles would cave to Woody and Fitz would not start. Because Woody and the Jets at the first sign of trouble give up and go into the next option. They have no conviction

This nonsense again? No head coach would announce a change at QB in the post game press conference. Bowles was wavering yesterday and ultimately decided to go with Geno. There is no proof that Woody made this call, all we have is speculation. But I am sure Fatcessa will say his "sawces" told him "dat" Woody made "dis" call and the morons that follow Fatcessa will believe him. 

4 minutes ago, Happy Clouds said:

I wanted Geno to start, and I agree with this. If he sucks, tell him to sit down, shut up and next man up.

1 minute ago, Rexorcism said:

Why do u assume Woody is involved? How do u know the QB change wasnt because of Macc's influence or just Bowles watching the game tape and deciding he wanted to make a change?

Because Gruden said on Monday Night that Woody was getting antsy. And his past history does play that out. You play connect the dots

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:
2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He called that after Bowles gave support to Fitz after the game that Bowles would cave to Woody and Fitz would not start. Because Woody and the Jets at the first sign of trouble give up and go into the next option. They have no conviction

Two points.  1) no coach 5 mins. after a game is going to tell the media he is changing QB's until he has talked to both guys and his coaches.2) Woody shoved Fitz down Todd and macc's throat just like he did Revis.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

LOL really?  Shaun Ellis, John Abraham, Curtis Martin, a terrific offensive line, Jason Ferguson......nothing.  lol. 

He ate up all the cap and whiffed on most of his draft picks but I'll give you those 4. Every team has a few good players. But those 4 weren't the only reason we made the playoffs. Try again.

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This nonsense again? No head coach would announce a change at QB in the post game press conference. Bowles was wavering yesterday and ultimately decided to go with Geno. There is no proof that Woody made this call, all we have is speculation. But I am sure Fatcessa will say his "sawces" told him "dat" Woody made "dis" call and the morons that follow Fatcessa will believe him. 

It doesn't matter if he and Cimini are morons. A lot people listen to them.

This is my version of how things happened (mostly speculative):

• Fitz' 2015 contract traded for was a backup contract
  • Fitz has record-breaking season for Jets as new qb throwing to new receivers.
  • Fitz holds out for starter like money in 2016.  Macc holds the line.  Bowles wants Fitz back because he made him look good.  Woody tries to let his team manage and be supportive.
  • Fitz outlasts the Jets, the media, fans and vets scream for Fitz to come back, and Woody tells Macc to sign him for as little and as short a time as possible.  That is what they do.
  • Fitz did not attend otas, putting him behind.  Other teams watch lots of film.
  • Macc makes decision to not bring Ivory back.  Tries to substitute Robinson and Forte.  Robinson gets hurt.  Gailey can't figure out how to use Forte.  
  • Due prior 2 bullets and other factors, Jets offense stinks.  Bowles tries to stick with Fitz for the hope of a comeback, a disdain for Geno, and because Petty is not ready after injury.
  • After watching the film (awful, missed passes) and listening to the uproar. Woody "guides" the team to start Geno.  Woody paid teh $12mm, so his blessing was requried to take him out.  It took him a month, but he finally did.  I like this move because:
    • Geno is new face and will surprise other teams
    • Geno has stronger arm and can extend the field.  Will open up offense.
    • Games where the jets are not completely terrible, at least initially, will entertain the fan base.  Woody and Glat like that.
    • If Geno does well, the Jets get a higher compensatory pick when he signs somewhere else.
    • Fitz is not the future.  Build for the future.  Put someone on the field who can throw the ball downfield.
  • Two Takeaways:
    • I do believe that Woody exercises too much football influence on the team.
    • The Jets MUST NOT SIGN GENO to a longer-term contract, under any circumstance, whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It doesn't matter if he and Cimini are morons. A lot people listen to them.

Ok,  but if Fatcessa and Cimini didn't exist Bowles still would have pulled Fitz in the 4th and ultimately benched Fitz. Things happen for reasons other than Fatcessa's influence. 

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

• Two Takeaways:
    • I do believe that Woody exercises too much football influence on the team.
    • The Jets MUST NOT SIGN GENO to a longer-term contract, under any circumstance, whatsoever.

I honestly don't mind if the owner of a teams exercises "football influence" - if he thinks it's what's best for the "football performance."  Woody's involvement seems to only happen during fan/media outcries...That is the WORST time to make rash decisions.

Good franchises don't make decisions based upon fan/media moods.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'm enjoying it now. Next week I'll be pulling a @SAR I rendition saying "Geno threw 6 picks, but only 1 was on him...but besides that Geno was decent". Lol. 

Relax, and just enjoy for the week. Geno's gonna mess it up anyway then it will be your turn! 

...and I'll be pulling a @Villain The Foe rendition saying "Fitzpatrick didn't get a fair chance with the weapons Geno has!"

Thank God I am about to board my flight to Hong Kong and get away from this LOL.  Speak to you tomorrow my friend.  Go Jets, Go Geno.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, j4jets said:

He ate up all the cap and whiffed on most of his draft picks but I'll give you those 4. Every team has a few good players. But those 4 weren't the only reason we made the playoffs. Try again.

4?  I gave you 9.  The offensive line is a unit, not one guy. 

Archived