Geno Smith to start on Sunday vs the Ravens

Maxman

Todd Bowles has no backbone and this shows it. He gave in to media and public pressure and pressure from the owner.

MIke Francesa said this would happen and that this has been a constant problem for the Jets for YEARS. Even with Hess as an owner.

They fly by the seat of their pants and move with the wind.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing how Fitzpatrick apologists are still trying to spin his awful performance.  Give it up, last year was an

aberration and he's now showing his true colors.  You can still like him because of his beard, wearing his wedding

ring when playing and going to Harvard but he still stinks

I can live with this, FOR NOW. I wanted Petty, but evidently his injury was worse then the CS lead on. I don't expect much different from Geno, from what we have seen before.

However, Petty should move up to number 2, so he can get Reps. Bowles should be asked about that now. Also, before this season is over we should see Hack as well.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

Here's how it pans out:

Geno takes the team and wins 8 or 9 ball games - ownership signs him to a long term mega million deal the following year and then he reverts to the Geno we love to hate.

You know it will happen.

Fitz already starred in that movie. Try writing something original.

40 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Who cares what other teams are doing. Seriously. I mean Petty COULD have been the backup. And the Jets looked at him as a potential backup going into the season. But he didn't show enough to get that job. So they kept Geno. I don;t see what' so wring with that. I don't see why its surprising.  

I don't disagree if Petty didn't show enough to warrant the backup job then the Jets should go with the best players.  But I think you're missing the point, I think the Jets believed  Petty did do enough to warrant the backup job in preseason but unfortunately got hurt.  Considering they have no interest in putting Hack on the field this year they kept Geno as the backup.  Geno is now playing because Fitz has been abysmal and Petty hasn't practiced in over a month forcing the Jets hand.  The plan has changed, Geno will get his shot and if in 3 or 4 games he stinks they go to Petty now that he's healthy and practicing again.

I'm a little bit confused as to how *anyone* can be unhappy with this move.

- I'm pretty sure there's no one left who wants Fitz to continue playing
- Anyone that wants Geno to play - got  their wish
- Anyone that wants Petty to play - you're delusional if you think Bowles would go from Fitz to Petty.  So, by going with Geno now, you're one step closer to having Petty out there.

So it's a win/win!  :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Todd Bowles has no backbone and this shows it. He gave in to media and public pressure and pressure from the owner.

MIke Francesa said this would happen and that this has been a constant problem for the Jets for YEARS. Even with Hess as an owner.

this is an easy switch to justify.  fitz leads the league in picks, they can't score in the 2nd half.  he keeps throwing picks in the end zone.  everyone knows the team will be turned over to petty and hack soon.  it does not matter if fitz or geno starts. that is the main takeaway.

1 minute ago, KRL said:

Amazing how Fitzpatrick apologists are still trying to spin his awful performance.  Give it up, last year was an

aberration and he's now showing his true colors.  You can still like him because of his beard, wearing his wedding

ring when playing and going to Harvard but he still stinks

Lets all hope that for Geno Smith, 2013, 2014 & 2015 were the aberration.

Sometimes I really hate being a Jet fan.  Like today.
Well, there's a lot of yard work to do this weekend.  Let me know when Petty is starting. 

You're a jets fan? Fck off. There's the door. Plenty of bandwagon franchises will welcome condoms like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see any downside to this move at all..  either we start winning - which is the only way Geno keeps playing - or he crashes and we get Petty in a couple weeks.

Either way we should hopefully avoid ever having to see Fitz put his entire body and soul into a 20 yard out, and still watch it bounce off the turf in front of the waiting receiver.  Happy days indeed!

Just now, thshadow said:

I'm a little bit confused as to how *anyone* can be unhappy with this move.

- I'm pretty sure there's no one left who wants Fitz to continue playing
- Anyone that wants Geno to play - got  their wish
- Anyone that wants Petty to play - you're delusional if you think Bowles would go from Fitz to Petty.  So, by going with Geno now, you're one step closer to having Petty out there.

So it's a win/win!  :rolleyes:

It shows that the team is the same ole Jets. Woody Johnson caving into public pressure to go to the next option.

Seriously, Francesa talking yesterday scared me to the core about the future of this franchise. And because he called this gives truth to his opinions

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why do you keep quoting Mike Francesa as a source. 

At least there was a decision made early in the week so geno can prepare with the 1's. Was worried they were going to waffle with this till Friday. Fitz had to be sit, I was a Fitz supporter and his leadership skills are great, his performance on the field could not be defended. I tried and realized I was wrong. Fitz had to be sit. Feel bad for him but Fitz did this to himself. He played himself out of a job. Now we get back on the Geno Coaster and need to follow an inmature kid.

Geno isn't saving our defense or our season.  Geno is now officially the bridge to Petty, as well as the bridge to continue our path towards the # 1 pick.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

Gonna be an interesting/telling draft this year for Macc. He'll be under the microscope with major QB questions...

Unlikely we're worse off than CLE and honestly there's no franchise QB this year

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It shows that the team is the same ole Jets. Woody Johnson caving into public pressure to go to the next option.

Seriously, Francesa talking yesterday scared me to the core about the future of this franchise. And because he called this gives truth to his opinions

So you wanted to see Fitz keep starting?  Or you think it's obviously right to bench Fitz, but you're mad because Bowles didn't see it (even though it was obvious) and Woody made him?  Based on zero evidence?

Personally, I'm mad because Bowles makes his decisions after consulting with a talking chicken.  I read it on the internet somewhere, so it must be true.

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Unlikely we're worse off than CLE and honestly there's no franchise QB this year

Cleveland hasn't shown any quit this year and they don't play in a division with the Patriots.  I think they win 2-3 games before the season ends.  I believe they can beat Cincy this week, for instance, even on the road. 

Question is whether we'll tank properly or not, for once.  This team has the talent to go 4-6 in the final 10 games.  Let's hope that doesn't happen. 

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

In this case if Woody had a hand in it he is smarter than the coach because a change was totally warranted, and I can't stand geno.

It would make Woody smart if he made the call for "football" reasons..but that's NOT why he made the decision.

Just now, thshadow said:

So you wanted to see Fitz keep starting?  Or you think it's obviously right to bench Fitz, but you're mad because Bowles didn't see it (even though it was obvious) and Woody made him?  Based on zero evidence?

Personally, I'm mad because Bowles makes his decisions after consulting with a talking chicken.  I read it on the internet somewhere, so it must be true.

I'm mad because Francesa called this move. And he seems to know things

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'd say I was looking forward to finally putting to bed some of the Geno and Gaily questions, but it's too late.

Honestly, if ever I've been behind Geno, it's going be this week more so than any other. I HATE Baltimore. I hate losing to them, and I hate the asshile fans.

Give me this Geno, step on those bastards throats.

You know how it is going to play out dude.  Geno will look terrific for 3/4 of the game and his lousy 1/4 will cost us the game, as usual, as always. 

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because he WAS an a$$hole, and its well documented.

That team led by Pennington had a loaded roster built by Bill Parcells.  Chad Pennington was a 1st round pick and a heavily paid QB, yet sucked whenever we needed him the most.  He was no better, and actually worse, than Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Parcell left nothing, sir. and lol @ CP being worse than Fitz. 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I'm mad because Francesa called this move. And he seems to know things

I'm mad because a majority of Jets fans called for this by not resigning that bum in the first place. We wasted 6 games to try to see what we might have in the future at QB. Geno,Petty(if healthy) even Hack could have done  what Fitz did. Typical Jets bulls**t.

Archived