#### New York Jets vs Los Angeles Rams --- The Official Game Thread ####

Maxman

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Have you watched this game?  What in the world makes you think Petty can do anything of the sort.  He's missed open throws.  Open reads.  Bad ball placement.  No pocket awareness.   He has done absolutely nothing other than one great throw.  Everything else has been the short game bailing him out.  Now the Rams have adjusted and you've seen him get worse.  This game has been a bad one for Bryce. 

Yes. I'm posting all day in the game thread without watching. It's been a mixed bag from Petty but the playcalling has done him lol favors and given him even less of a fighting chance. He's not been the problem today. 

I'm no Vince Lombardi ,  but I can see why the  Jets have never developed a qb. Petty came out successful and confident with a 50 yd pass and 99yd td drive.....they haven't let him throw more than 10yds since . (Outside of  the Anderson pass he did miss). They gave up at the end of the half, and handcuffed him the entire 2nd half. How  does a young  qb develop or  keep his confidence ? he can play in this league if he finds and team that will let him.

1 minute ago, TampaJet said:

I'm no Vince Lombardi ,  but I can see why the  Jets have never developed a qb. Petty came out successful and confident with a 50 yd pass and 99yd td drive.....they haven't let him throw more than 10yds since . (Outside of  the Anderson pass he did miss). They gave up at the end of the half, and handcuffed him the entire 2nd half. How  does a young  qb develop or  keep his confidence ? he can play in this league if he finds and team that will let him.

Saving it for the Pats in two weeks

5 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Totally disagree. For his first start it has been what I EXPECTED BUT THE COACHING IS TERRIBLE. If you can't throw a long ball down field to open up the safety's than they are going to cheat all game which they have done.

I don't think they trust Petty. He seems pretty inaccurate to me. He missed a deep ball earlier in the game. Granted it was only one throw. I think they don't feel he's ready. But I do agree they need to open it up.

He's got to start looking to Marshall now. Let your best receiver try and make a play.

Archived